• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilfried

Quote from: MandelSoft on November 16, 2013, 07:23:24 AM
Bug #1: Sure something weird is going on with the FAMHW, but I'm not sure whether this is just a display bug or a real pathing bug.
Bug #2: I think it's the TE crosswalk lot right next to the Symphony motorway that triggers this effect. Try to demolish it, wait a few in-game months for the traffic sim to adjust the routes and see if it helps.
Thanks; bug #2 was due to the TE crosswalk. It disappeared quickly after I demolished it.

Bug #1, however, could be a pathing issue, like memo said. I guess the pathing engine doesn't like real numbers that much.  &apls

Wolzly

Hello, first post.

I've recently dove into modding sc4, I didn't even know it was possible but I see there's a pretty vast community of very talented people who've been working for a long time to create a LOT of custom content.  Anyways...

I have an issue with the NWM and RCI access (I think).

I'm a turtle, I think, so I tend to lay out a lot of roads and fill it all in with zoneing, lower taxes to 0.1 for lowwealth and dirty, and watch everything fill in, hopefully getting enough population to be profitable at 9% taxes before I run out of simoleons.

Anyways, since grabbing the NAM and the CAM the game has seriously opened up and I want to see what's possible.  My issue is that I've been laying out grids using the NWM (namely 3-lane and 5-lane TLAs) but when I hit unpause, I get about 200 population and then all of my zones say no road access.

The faq says all networks should have full rci access, not sure where I'm going wrong...

Wolzly

Sorry to double post, I couldn't see where to add another attachment using the edit function.

Here's a zoomed out look at where the residentials should be commuting to...

tvrcars

I have the latest nam 31.2 installed with SFBT_Rail Textures Mod_Darker Textures ticked on the nam install but i still get the maxis brown texture appearing under the rail tracks, i have reinstalled nam to see if anything i have missed be to no avail. I left it with SFBT_Rail Textures Mod_Darker Textures still in the nam plugins folder and installed SFBT_Rail Textures Mod_Darker Textures from simtroplis it seems to work but then i have the problem that nam rail curves dont have any textures under them.

If i want the nam rail curves to have textures i have install this z_NAM_Curves_AutomaticFiller_Rails_ which then defaults nam curves to the maxis brown colour and SFBT darker textures on the straights looks odd, see pic

But the thing is I have seen textures working with the nam curves on a youtube video see smaller pic

Is there a way that I can get the nam rail curves as the smaller pic shows i think it is with SFBT rail texture mod darker?

many thanks

Indiana Joe

The SFBT textures don't affect the wealth texture underneath the rails.  They fix a bug where the rails themselves appear brighter at higher zooms.

The second picture is some other mod.

memo

Quote from: Wolzly on December 01, 2013, 06:51:49 PM
Anyways, since grabbing the NAM and the CAM the game has seriously opened up and I want to see what's possible.  My issue is that I've been laying out grids using the NWM (namely 3-lane and 5-lane TLAs) but when I hit unpause, I get about 200 population and then all of my zones say no road access.

Sometimes, it's just the traffic simulator that needs some time until it updates all the traffic routes after you unpause the game. If you let the game run for a few months, the no-road-access zots usually disappear.

tvrcars

Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 05, 2013, 12:57:09 PM
The SFBT textures don't affect the wealth texture underneath the rails.  They fix a bug where the rails themselves appear brighter at higher zooms.

I know that the SFBT mod from installing nam doesn't have the wealth texture under the rails, what im saying is that SFBT mod from the nam installer doesn't have any textures for the nam curves. Im looking to find out if SFBT rail texture mod from the installing nam can be used on the nam curves or if any other mod can be used on the nam curves to have the same textures as SFBT rail texture mod.

:thumbsup:  Im looking for the other mod as you say.. just cant seem to see where im going wrong. ANy help would be great

Kuewr665

Is the SFBT texture fix compatible with any other texture mod (like the PEG dirt rail mod)?

Kuewr665

The AVE-6/TLA-7 turning lane intersection piece is missing LHD paths.

This variant of the "Diagonal Tram-Avenue -- orthogonal Onewayroad intersection on other side" piece is missing LHD paths as well. Also, are there any pieces with one-way-road starting at the diagoal tram-avenue?

memo

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 07, 2013, 09:52:51 AM
The AVE-6/TLA-7 turning lane intersection piece is missing LHD paths.

This variant of the "Diagonal Tram-Avenue -- orthogonal Onewayroad intersection on other side" piece is missing LHD paths as well. Also, are there any pieces with one-way-road starting at the diagoal tram-avenue?

I can confirm both these issues. In fact, they are three issues: The puzzle piece with starting OWR does exist, but the arrows of the preview model point into the wrong direction, so you just have to rotate the puzzle piece from your picture. However, it has the same pathing issue in LHD mode.

Tarkus

There were paths for that NWM intersection at one point, but most likely, they've been misplaced.

-Alex

memo

Quote from: Tarkus on December 07, 2013, 11:54:47 AM
There were paths for that NWM intersection at one point, but most likely, they've been misplaced.

I did some digging, but couldn't find them anywhere, so I have just flipped the RHD paths. This issue is fixed, now.

Edit: I've just fixed the other issue, too. The LHD paths were present, but had the wrong IIDs.

Apple Delight

Quote from: tvrcars on December 05, 2013, 04:24:26 PM
Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 05, 2013, 12:57:09 PM

I know that the SFBT mod from installing nam doesn't have the wealth texture under the rails, what im saying is that SFBT mod from the nam installer doesn't have any textures for the nam curves. Im looking to find out if SFBT rail texture mod from the installing nam can be used on the nam curves or if any other mod can be used on the nam curves to have the same textures as SFBT rail texture mod.

:thumbsup:  Im looking for the other mod as you say.. just cant seem to see where im going wrong. ANy help would be great

I think that what you're looking for is the Railway Upgrade Mod by Rivit on the STEX - http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25809-railway-upgrade-mod/ - there is an option in the installer to remove the brown trackside texture.

APSMS

Is this a supported intersection?

The tile is reversed (whether I draw it this way, or the other; the lanes remain flipped) and it's missing paths.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

It's sort of supported--the RHW-3 is a low-priority network, so it's likely that that the process of supporting that intersection was started and never finished.

-Alex

APSMS

I tried it first with ARD-3, but it liked that even less. Will the next NAM likely have ARD-3/RHW-3 interfacing, or is the implementation sticky (I know I shouldn't ask about features, but...). Even if that particular setup had worked, I'd still be at a loss, since it'd be difficult to transition the RHW in that small space.

I understand that lvl 1 RHW is much more stable in the new controller? The overpass threw a fit when I ran NWM underneath it without widened embankments.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

I'm going to completely re-write a large portion of the RHW's RUL2 code, as it's actually easier than bugfixing what's already there.  However, it's a massive undertaking--beyond what will be possible within the window for NAM 32, so I'm not sure there will be much improvement on that end this next go around, unfortunately.

-Alex

Kuewr665

What is the compatibility of the Left Turn Addon Mod (Paths and T21 fixes) with the Network Addon Mod?

MandelSoft

The compatibility is quite bad, because this mod is seriously outdated. Currently, the Stoplight Replacement Mod is more up to date, though still slightly glitched...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Kuewr665

I am using the Stoplight Replacement Mod so I do not have the T21 files installed. I mean whether the path file works with NAM.