• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

feyss

Hi,

I got a problem with some tramway stations:

As you can see, the texture base disappeared and I can't find the stations anymore in the public transport menu.

Notes that the station are still working in terms of traffic.

What can i do to solve this ?

z

Quote from: feyss on January 21, 2016, 01:18:52 PM

Which stations are these, and where did you get them?  Also, did they ever show up properly for you?

mgb204

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 18, 2016, 11:11:23 PM
I'm on LHD, so I wonder if that's the problem...?

In case you've forgotten, I'm a LHD user also, so I was aware.

The texture in use here is 0x57101A1E, which is also used for the ERHW-2 x ERHW-2 4-Way junction. So changing the texture won't help. I've modified the S3D and linked it to an existing texture, this is out of date, so I've updated it to the latest EU texture at the same time. Please use ONLY ONE of the attached files:

- Maxis - Default Maxis sidewalk version.
- Paeng - Comes with Paeng's Sandstone baked in, for users of my mods.

The fix must be loaded in \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod or after z___NAM altogether (z____MGB Mods would be fine, if you have one). Note the fix is suitable for both RHD/LHD users.

stickinc

Not big on OWR's so no idea if this is something others have reported. But seems any OWR transition piece the paths collide part way in. I've pulled everything out and only had NAM and Z___NAM folders same problem exists.  :)

fgossage

Hey guys, after buying another hard copy of SC4 Deluxe and doing a fresh install after my hard drive crash, I'm having some big problems with getting the NAM properly installed on my system...

After running the installer (and installing the EP1 patch and the lighting patch in the process), in game, it acts like the process was nothing more than a texture mod, and it also added on some custom rail stations.  I honestly don't know what is going on, because I literally turned on every checkbox that was possible to turn on with the custom installation options... so I would have as many in-game options as possible.  I have none of the menu options for any of the network puzzle pieces, nothing for the RHW, nothing or the RRW, etc... even though I basically turned "on" about everything possibly available during the installation process.

I read the following from Tarkus in the NAM Installation Guide:
QuoteBUT NOTHING IS SHOWING UP IN GAME!

There's three possibilities here.

1. You did not complete all the necessary steps to install the mod. Simply unzipping the package to your Plugins, or just running the SFX file will not install the NAM to your Plugins.

2. You got a corrupt download. This happens from time to time, and is an issue between your internet connection and the server load, not an issue with the download itself. In this case, re-download the mod. It's possible that one of our other official mirrors may get along better with your internet connection, so it may be worthwhile to try another site.

The only three English-language sites that are authorized to distribute the NAM are ModDB (http://www.moddb.com), SC4 Devotion (http://www.sc4devotion.com), and Simtropolis (http://www.simtropolis.com). Downloads from other sites are not supported.

3. You selected the "Traffic Simulator Only" option in the installer. All this will do is install the NAM's traffic simulator plugin, which improves pathfinding and includes the option to change capacity levels, and will skip over all other addons to the transportation system that are included in the NAM.

Instance #1 doesn't apply because I went through the entire installation process.  Instance #2 sounded like it could possibly be the culprit; so, I uninstalled the NAM I got from the LEX and downloaded/installed a copy of the NAM from Simtropolis and the same exact issue.  And Instance #3 also doesn't fit, because as previously mentioned, I tried the custom installation and turned on every possible feature (but I also tried to full standard installation on another try, and the same issue still).

I currently don't know what else to try.  I tried searching around on the forum for folks running into similar situations, but I didn't see anything.  If it's happened previously in this big, 186 page thread, I'm sorry that I overlooked it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I would like to eventually become a productive member of this community, and I definitely can't do that if I can't even get past this issue.  :(  Thanks...
Fred Gossage
Pell City, Alabama

mgb204

Quote from: stickinc on January 22, 2016, 07:51:29 PM
But seems any OWR transition piece the paths collide part way in.

Try simply giving it a tile or two more space. RUL can only work so many wonders, situations like this are rarely supported.

Quote from: fgossage on January 22, 2016, 09:18:11 PM
...it acts like the process was nothing more than a texture mod...

Go back through the installer options, but perhaps make sure you don't just tick everything. For example if "Enable Decoupling of Networks and Rules" was checked, found under "Additional Features and Customizations", then you'd not be able to build networks. Perhaps that is the problem here?

jdenm8

But seems any OWR transition piece the paths collide part way in.

This is intentional. The AI is petty dumb and needs its hand held for merges like this. The pieces are also designed to work both ways, hence why there's paths in both directions.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

APSMS

fgossage, Do you perchance have a custom plugins folder (that is, one not in the default location in your my documents folder)?

The files are in the correct spot in your plugins folder?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

fgossage

I did another clean install, and this time I selected the standard installation.  SUCCESS!  Thanks for your help, guys!
Fred Gossage
Pell City, Alabama

noahclem

Not big on OWR's so no idea if this is something others have reported. But seems any OWR transition piece the paths collide part way in. I've pulled everything out and only had NAM and Z___NAM folders same problem exists.  :)

Unless I'm grossly misunderstanding them, those pieces have paths in both directions just to make them easier to use. That way there's no need to make sure they're faced the right way when plopping them and as long as the networks next to them are one way they will function only one way, in  the direction of those surrounding networks.

feyss

Quote from: z on January 21, 2016, 06:37:14 PM
Quote from: feyss on January 21, 2016, 01:18:52 PM

Which stations are these, and where did you get them?  Also, did they ever show up properly for you?

It's Schmails GLR stations:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18400-shmails-glr-station-3/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18441-shmails-glr-avenue-station-1/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18398-shmails-glr-station-1/

I just installed NAM 34 and they worked properly before.

Note than the diagonal stations based on the same model still work properly.

mgb204

These stations are included as part of the SLURP program. It could be that the installer removed some needed files or perhaps a problem with the replacement lots? I'll go through the Slurped lots and see if I can find any problems.

In the meantime, you can probably restore them from the backup created by Cleanitol. Find this in My Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol, there you should find the old files and a windows script to restore them.

:update:

I've just installed these stations and ran the NAM installer, which as expected switched the lot files for more NAM compatible versions. The one obvious error, the GLR stations all have El-Rail paths, I'll fix that shortly since that shouldn't be.

Please check the Cleanitol files and advise if somehow this process has removed anything it shouldn't have, but I didn't have such problems. The textures should be from the NAM (excepting the GLR in Ave station), so why that's now missing is strange. You have checked to install GLR during install of the NAM, otherwise I can't think why they'd be missing?

:update 2:

After some checking, it would appear there might be a hiccup behind this. I think you may have versions for DAMN, which if not setup you'd never see the stations. I've adjusted the paths on these files, but it may necessitate re-plopping the stations. We'll get to the bottom of the problem if there is one. For the moment, replace the files currently here:
Plugins\z___NAM\MTA Station Overrides\GLR and Tram Stations\gshmails
With those included in the attached file. Could you let us know if that fixed the issue for you please?

Tarkus

Also, I'll add that most of the old NWM Transition Puzzle Pieces have actually been deprecated since NAM 30/NWM 2.0, when draggable versions became possible in most instances.  All the OWR ones mentioned are included.

I did a video showcasing it back at that time, which can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/v/eZhlw4Vk-a8

-Alex

feyss

Thanks for your answer mgb204   :thumbsup:

I'm abroad for the moment, so I could just tell you next week-end.

mgb204

Just to add, upon further investigating, the overrides supplied with NAM were actually fine. There is some issue with the installer, related to the use of a # symbol in the filename. This has caused the SLURP'd files to be incorrectly incorporated and installed. In this case I think you accidently got the lots intended for DAMN users, hence they disappeared. We're working on a solution to the installer issue, but that won't be implemented until the next NAM. So for the time being, those lots I attached should resolve the issue.

feyss

You were right, Cleanitol just removed the files from the plugin folder.

I also think that the installer didn't replace those lots since I couldn't find them in the plugins folder.

So, I did what you said: I placed your attached files into my plugins folder. I had to create the folder "Plugins\z___NAM\MTA Station Overrides\GLR and Tram Stations\gshmails" since it didn't exist yet (maybe it's also part of the problem ?). Now, those stations are back in my game. I'm just obligated to replop those that were already built, but it's a minor issue.

Thank you for your help  ;)

Alan_Waters

All welcome!
During the construction of the tram on road in the NAM 34 there is absolutely no traffic on the street, even in the densely built downtown. No trams, no cars on the street do not move.

And I say about such a problem:

Moreover, the texture does not disappear immediately but only after several minutes pass after the start of the game.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

mgb204

The texture issue is unrelated to the NAM. This is the water bug, which happens when you are missing base textures but have overlay textures on a lot. Solution is to check the dependencies for the lot and download/install any you are missing.

As for the GLR, is there traffic using the tram network, is it just the trains/cars (automata) that are missing. Use the route query tool to see if sims are utilising the trams. Remember too, stations for such networks usually need to be "activated". In this case, drag some OWR through the station to switch it on.

Alan_Waters

As for the GLR, the surrounding streets cork, and this is empty, and all the stops "activated."

As for the texture, at the start of the game textures have only a few minutes after texture disappear.