• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeSlayer

No, I understand the white lines should be there.

The thing I'm seeing is that there is half a white line on the runway edge, and the other half on the shoulder, so since making an intersection uses those straight pieces, half of the white line is still there.

Gwail

Thanks you all, glad you like it!

Masuda-san - yes, at last I've figured it out  :thumbsup:. That method will be difficult to use on larger areas, as there were used s3d models instead of BAT props, so it's limited by the texture size - only 256 x 256 allowed. Anyway, it wouldn't be possible without your help at all :).

PLT - yes, my IRL business are fine, thank you! All the fairs I've been preparing have passed, now I can sleep more ;).

ShadeSlayer - That sideline should be left as it is. It's intentional, to achieve well looking smooth edges on both sides of the sideline. You can compare, how does it look with and without shoulder and additional pixel row.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

PLT

Nice to hear that everything is fine again!
Good luck with everthing, and I'll wait patiently wait for new updates

Pat

Haljackey

...You have yet another supporter of this project.

After downloading a ton of airport lots (including RMIP 1) there just wasn't anything suited to a large airport.  The mid sections of the large runway were missing in the previous version, so I have put off building a new airport until this project is complete.

I wish you all the best with your progress!  Everything I have seen in this thread looks amazing!
-Haljackey

heitomat

I love this project and I'm really looking forward to follow the development.

One question, though: Will there be any new terminal lots from the AC, or are the airport constructors kindly advised to look elsewhere for this? This is not meant as any kind of critism, but is just a question. I love the work of the AC, and would like to see some larger scale terminal buildings that would suit the "Large Airport Edition".

(I've already got the Haneda International by BriPizza (E-N). Other suggestions? Eagerly awaiting those showed by Tabi, though..)
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

Voltaire

I've looked into making terminals for years... but somehow there's always 3-5 things that get in the way first  $%Grinno$%

My time for SC4 projects is literally booked solid, through the end of the year. But there's always 2010...

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

joelyboy911

I am, in my capacity as a SCAG member looking into making some new terminals in a different, slightly less modern, style of the type produced earlier, like modular, but with larger modules, if you get what I mean. They are only in the plan phase ATM.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

heitomat

@joelyboy911: Sounds great!  :) This sounds like a needed addition to the amazing RMIP-3.
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

Dac1996

Ok I know, I should not ask this, but is there currently a release date?

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

ShadeSlayer

Quote from: Gwail on May 18, 2009, 02:06:46 PMShadeSlayer - That sideline should be left as it is. It's intentional, to achieve well looking smooth edges on both sides of the sideline. You can compare, how does it look with and without shoulder and additional pixel row.

Sorry for the late reply, but here:

The left image has the line left in the intersection while the right image is missing that line. The right one has a few parts out of place, though, as I only did a very rough edit of what I meant.

KoV Liberty

When this releases... How long should the runways be? Maybe the same?

Adrian, I miss you man.

pagenotfound

i heard a little blurb from someone about diagonal runways.
Is there any truth to that by chance?
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

KoV Liberty

Ooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diagonal runways? Cool if it were true.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gwail

Ryan, heitomat, glad you like it.

ShadeSlayer, yes, I know what you mean. Just as I've said before - sidelines are made as they are and it implices such intersection solution - and just because of that it's easy and flexible. Otherwise it should be done about 20+ additional lots to cover any intersection configuration, instead of 4 lots made now :).

The project as is - is almost finished, indeed. All I'm waiting for are new lights - being made by Jeroni - and some helper props. The main issue are new lights (it considers all the RMIP packs published so far, too) - they will change everything - as they should be (I hope :) ) bidirectional, so I will have to modify lots a lot.

The diagonal version of OC-150 is planned, of course, as well as finishing David's (Dedgren) not-RMIP wide and diagonal runways. It's possible I will start to make one of them soon, while waiting for new lights for OC-150.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

pilotdaryl

New lights?
Gimme some details - I am very interested ;)

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

taner

Korot

It hasn't been released yet, so the answer is no.

Regards,
Korot

KoV Liberty

They said it was almost finished though. But not quite yet. But soon!

Adrian, I miss you man.