• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltaire

no and no... those items are separate projects.

This one is big enough on its own  ;)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

sc4maniac

I really like it, and I also can't wait until it comes out, but I just don't like the textures, not to be mean, but I'd like them to be darker like in RMIP-2, and I think the black marks can be made a little lighter.
Even Einstien made blunders

maxosha

carkid1998

Unfourtunately it's not available to download yet.
Sendona... Coming soon!

maxosha

carkid1998

Well, it doesn't currently have a release date...
Sendona... Coming soon!

nekseb

Just a short question - any progress with this project or still on hold ?
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Jayster

I'm pretty sure this project has been scrapped, it's been almost a year I think and no progress. Same with the other project in this thread, that one is behind by about 2 years I think.

WC_EEND

Quote from: Jayster on December 10, 2010, 04:56:47 PM
I'm pretty sure this project has been scrapped, it's been almost a year I think and no progress. Same with the other project in this thread, that one is behind by about 2 years I think.

And I (and I suppose quite a lot of people in this community) think this project is still ongoing, and nagging about how long ik takes before it's released isn't going to help anyone. I know that Gwail (who is one of the major contributors of this project) has a busy life, so give the guy a break. Most people tend to prioritize RL instead of SC4, so it's normal some things take time

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

nekseb

I confirm with you - RL first!

I asked only if there are any news, not to read what someone think about this project.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Jayster

Sorry, I was just pointing out that there hasn't been any activity (development wise) for about a year. I'm not nagging for it to hurry up and come out.

Jayster

Gwail

To paraphrase the classics - the rumors about this project's death have been greatly exaggerated  :thumbsup:. However, this's been a very busy year in my life (a brand new living place, a new job, another baby on the way, some minor health problems, still some RL projects), but I'm fine and going to finish this baby up. It would be a shame to abandon it, especially when it consumed so much time so far. For now I have to recall, what was going there. I want to finish the Rapid Exit Taxiway lots and - the main job - close the development of new lights and relot all the puzzles. And I think it would be enough for this project, except the all needed finishing stuff, such as modding, readmes and so on.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

ShadeSlayer

Great to see you back, Gwail. Hope all is well.

joelyboy911

Great to hear from you Gwail. If there's anything SCAG can do to assist, please let us know. Looking forward to the release of this project.  :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Jack_wilds

I also echo the sentiment -great to hear from you Gwail, I trust things will come round and become more-reasonable-to-manage soon  ;)

Jack

hkboondoggle

Welcome back Gwail! Best of luck of what you're doing - RL & SC4 modding.  :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

Great to see you back Gwail! Congrats on the new kid. ;)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Damiangjy

Quote from: pilotdaryl on February 13, 2009, 06:56:37 PM
I see you've made some interesting progress here.  Keep it going! ;D  I would, however, suggest a new set of rapid exit taxiway lots with the actual exit taxiways at 30 degrees to the runway, similar to how it is arranged in real-life and the original RMIP-1 set.  The runway skid markings are also extremely dark and wide.  While this would be realistic for larger airports such as LAX and JFK and other major airports in the US, I'm still in favour of toning it down even just a bit, to make things a bit more consistent since not all airports have runways that busy or runways used that much. -Never mind, I noticed a set with toned-down skid markings.  I'm impressed! ;D

Hey Gwail, I can't wait for the LAE's release! I hope you do fine with your RL issues. Just some suggestions, maybe you could reduce the contrast between the skid marks and the concrete surfaces to make them seem less bold? Make the concrete darker and the skids lighter? And I quote Pilotdaryl as I agree with him on having the 30 degrees rapid exit taxiways back since it would be more realistic.   :)

Gwail

Well, it's good to know you still remember me  :thumbsup:. So far I'm tinkering a bunch of new lights, the work is still in progress, the "stable beta" should be quite soon, so I'll be able to start relotting.

Damiangjy, the skid marks have been lightened up a bit meanwhile, here you can see how it will look like. It's rather the final version, I really don't want to spend more time on this pack. If there will be any reasonable interest, I'll maybe spare some time to make an additional mod pack. And the 30 RET is intended to be included, just read carefully this thread, about 3-4 pages earlier.

Some fresh photos, perhaps?

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

ShadeSlayer

Looks very nice. It seems that progress is coming along quite well.