• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten's Regions (Imaginia and Schellingen Stadt)

Started by MandelSoft, May 18, 2008, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Great update.
Love the night lights, canal and the chioce of buildings around the park in the downtown core.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Rayden

Very good! Nice use of the Big Dig lots, almost nobody uses them but they were a great job done on those days (years ago). :)

vester

Great update.

Isn't that central station missing some trams ?

kelis

Good work my friend !! As always your transport system only can describe it with one word, Awesome  ;D
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

MandelSoft

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

Quote from: sunv123 on September 17, 2013, 02:09:23 PM
Nice update

I really like your transit layouts Maarten, something that i've been trying to mimic in my cities for years. :thumbsup:

I also really like the canals as well :)
Nice that I can inspire you, and I do see some of your interchanges that are actually better then I could come up with in the first place  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Rayden on September 18, 2013, 06:07:09 AM
Very good! Nice use of the Big Dig lots, almost nobody uses them but they were a great job done on those days (years ago). :)
These are actually not the Big Dig Lots, but actually these are the NDEX Underground Motorways, also an undervalued lot I use for years.

Quote from: vester on September 20, 2013, 05:43:33 AM
Great update.

Isn't that central station missing some trams ?
Oh there are trams, but they are in a subway tunnel here, so that's why you don't see them.

So, today, I'm going to show you not one, but TWO U-Drive-It videos, one from Schellingen I recorded a while ago and one from Imaginia I recorded today. Video footage is always special in a MD, since it shows your cities in-action ;)  Enjoy the videos!

http://www.youtube.com/v/DOdCELXZDBc

http://www.youtube.com/v/CF9YvIKM7yc

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

samerton

Brilliant videos Maarten, those motorways look superb. ;)

benedict

Nice work on your OSITM.... and you're number one on BTT this week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

MandelSoft

Thank you for your kind replies and #1 on the BTT, oh my :o

Welcome to the second part of Guilliano Revisited. Today we move on to the west side of the Guilliano. Even here, I did some major reconstruction.

We start at the large office district at the river side, the West Quay District:

This office district has yet again a lot of modern high-rise buildings and even has its own light rail line:

Guilliano is also a student city, because the city has his own university, the Guilliano University of Technology (abbreviated to GUT :P):

Just across the motorway A6, there's an apartment complex, very popular amongst students to live there...

Moving on to the north, were we find the old Nagaskan city center of Gilljån (Gamla Gilljån). This is still a very lively district with lots of shops, pubs and bars and it's part of Imaginia's Cultural Heritage:

In the middle of this district you have this classic garden, Gilljån Square:

Right next to Gilljån Square is the Palace Square, right next to the former Nagaskan palace. Nowadays it's a cultural history museum. Palace Square is quite popular for big public events , like concerts. I heard DJ MandelSoft is having a concert tonight  :P

And now off to some road geekery! And does this interchange look familiar? It should, because it was a first ever in-situ implementation of the Project Symphony three-level roundabout interchange!

Some more random road geek pics:

I hope you enjoyed this update!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

rooker1

The two videos were great and I love your RHW interchanges.
Always a pleasure to stop by here.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

kelis

I enjoy with each update of this MD, I'm learning a lot watching your work with the RHW, I'm really impressed with all that system, everything fits perfectly !! Congratulations once again my friend !!

Groeten uit Spanje  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Haljackey

Wow, absolutely fantastic update Maarten! The pics are outstanding, and the videos are great too!

noahclem

Awesome work Maarten  &apls  I really like the concert scene and city center work in the last update. And the videos from the last one were outstanding  &apls &apls  Great job with the music too!