• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eden: The New Frontier

Started by Terring7, December 13, 2010, 11:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Heh, an entire update without Britney? I have to respond to that!

Nice colonizing going on!

BTW, I missed the last update as I was on holiday.

Cheers
Willy

Terring7

Don't worry Swordmaster, Britney will be back ;)

Let's see what happened to the colony. Hmm, not bad.

Here are some advises from me. Take them or leave them ;D

To build my colonies, I always fire up the Lot Editor and make my lots. SimMars doesn't have trail paths, so use the Lot Editor to make your own. With some imagination and the right tools, you can customise your colonies as you wish.

The factories in the future will be fewer but larger and more sophisticated. Use the Control button to zone specific sizes like 3x3. Don't just lay the industrial zones or you'll get a messy result... unless if you want it of course. Your colony, your rules.

If pollution is rising, use the SimMars water and air purificators to clean the mess.

It's a good idea to build some factories close to your utilities and connect them with the rest of the colony by some mass transit.

Thanks to hydroponics and genetic engineering, those underground indoor farms can feed more than 1 colonies. So avoid zoning miles and miles of farms just for a small colony, because it's very wasteful. Don't build a huge headquarters of farms for your region. Make a network of smaller farms close to your colonies, providing food faster and easier.

Try to give to your colonies a generic theme, with homes, jobs and landmarks. You colonists should have access to anything they want, so your colonies should me as autonomous as possible. However don't be shy to make some themed colonies, like tourist colonies close to beautiful natural landmarks and industrial colonies close to useful resources and with a lot of recycling centres. Connect all your colonies by any way you want. Subways is a great way, but you can also use magnetic railroads and speedways as well.

Oh, something last. SimMars can support some extra mods as well, but not all of them. Don't use C.A.M., it will mess your colonies. N.A.M. is not fully compatible. S.P.A.M. will mess your farms. Always test the extra mods before use them in a sandbox region.

Hmm, nothing else to add &Thk/( ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

14 months have been passed after the last update of this city journal. I'll be honest, I'm not going to update it anymore. There are a lot of reasons why I'm going to stop Eden: The New Frontier. First of all, real life issues. I'm studying English for the Proficiency diploma, looking for a job and writing a book. If I'm lucky, writing will be my job. I'm also busy with the Barsoom Project. I have already reloted a great majority of the Maxis lots, but still there's work do be done. But the most important reason is the city journal itself.

Since my last update, I have improved my English (grammar mistakes still takes place, but not in the previous tragic level) and I want to build something new, something fresh, something epic and exotic. Don't worry thought. All the sci-fi themes of Eden: The New Frontier will be back, like human evolution, space colonization, resource-based economy, Ancient Martians, cyborgs, anarchic societies, extraterrestrial artifacts, alien lifeforms, arcologies and terraforming of Mars. But there will be more this time. That's right, we're talking about a remake of Eden: The New Frontier, which will be released somewhere in 2014.

The Gardens of Eden

Thank you very much for following Eden all this time. See you in the new Eden :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

rooker1

Good to hear from you and I'm glad you'll start another MD soon.
Good luck and take care.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Exciting new Elias! I look forward to the new project and wish you all the best of luck in your other endeavors  :thumbsup:

benedict

Click on the banner to celebrate!

Swordmaster

As long as it has Britney. . . I'm ok with it. Good luck!

Cheers
Willy