• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RECREATIONS, by ejc

Started by ejc, July 27, 2007, 08:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 2 of this MD!

Fantastic real life-pictures, EJC! I also like the last one!

Vario80

Great nightlife pics ejc, the cooling towers look even more imprressive at that time of day.  &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

thundercrack83

Beautiful pictures, ejc! I can't wait to see how you recreate them in SC4! Until then...

spot

ejc

DUISBURG Intro

Country Germany
State Nord-Rhein Westfalen
Administrative region Düsseldorf
District urban district
Population 502,522 source (2005)
Area 232.82 km²
Population density 2,158 /km²
Elevation 31 m
Coordinates 51°27′ N 6°45′ E

I don't think I'm gonna say more on this update; it's up to you.. comment me & get me out of this "recently published" :-\
[/b]

FromTheAshes

Visit Vorsfelde.

rooker1

OMG...........super pictures of the industrial areas.  This what I would like to reproduce in my MD.  So many lights and so much smoke, very cool.  Do you have any more pics, I'd love to see more.   ::)
I can't wait to see what you have for us next.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

A great update; your industrial area is excellent. The way you've set up the river with the small harbors is about as close to the real thing as you can get. Great job!

bat

That's a great recreation of Duisburg! Great work! :thumbsup:

ThomasAH

Wow. Normally I don't like industrial areas very much, but those pics (previous page) gives a totally other look on industrial buildings, I even like it ;D

Last update looks great as well, I'll be waiting for more  ;)

Ennedi

That's a true industrial looking  :thumbsup: (I know something about it, I spent most of my working time in such landscapes  :D)

My absolutely favourites are the first one and last two pictures. This green water works very well here, and the port area is perfect!
Also, excellent idea with these RL pictures. It is admirable how you modify real landscapes to adjust them to the SC4 scale :thumbsup:

I like Ruhrgebiet! (strange but true :D)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

WOW! Great update, ejc! Those diagonal harbors are absolutely wonderful (I may have to borrow that technique, myself)! The industries look great, and I love your roads and other transportation networks! I'll be looking forward to the next update!

ejc

DUISBURG West

Today a small update on the western parts of the Duisburg-area. Next will be an update on Duisburg's Industry, Outskirts, Centre and Rail-infrastructure

In the west of "Duisburg", the area around "Hochemmerich"

The rail-bridge that connects the two shores of the river "Rhine" in "Duisburg"

This steelmill in the west of "Duisburg" is now abandonded in real-life and partially demolished.. But, in my SC4's Duisburg it provides a lot of dirty jobs

Some congestion on the autobahn near "Duisburg & Moers"
[/i]

bat

Wonderful new pictures of Duisburg! Great small update! :thumbsup:

meinhosen

Awesome pictures of Germany (both real and simulated).  I particularly love the harbor pics and the steel mills- great work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Pavle

&apls Awesome! I love your industrial areas and transport network. Very detailed and realistic. It's great that you posted some pictures of this area in reality. Nice ;)
I have family near Ruhr area, in Bielefeld.
by Pavle...

szymcar

Yeah! You do your work perfectionally!  &apls Everything is realistic. Yellow wasser suit there!  $%Grinno$%

thundercrack83

Another brilliant update! I love the railroads and the steel mill with the ports! Excellent work, ejc! I look forward to seeing more!

Vario80

Great work my friend, especially the harbour is very well aligned. But also Duisburg itself looks really good.  &apls :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

paroch

Fantastic pictures.  Those industrial areas are probably the best I've seen on SC4.

I also like the congestion on the autobahn - very realistic if the German autobahns are as busy as UK motorways! ;)