• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on June 21, 2008, 02:33:27 PM
it is recommended that they are put in seperate folders, and also that they are not packed into DATs by the SC4DatPacker.

Thanks Allan for reminding me about the DatPacker! :thumbsup:
Neither AC Functional Airports, nor BSC Functionals Seaports should be DatPacked.

Even if DatPacker would keep the internal file order,
there's always a risk that one would upgrade the ports with the datpacked files in place...

SC4BOY

Quote from: RippleJet on June 22, 2008, 10:25:44 AM
there's always a risk that one would upgrade the ports with the datpacked files in place...

An extremely poor reason for not using datpacker on anything

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on June 26, 2008, 11:03:34 AM
An extremely poor reason for not using datpacker on anything

Quite true, however...

There will always be those who forget what they've done...

Regardless of how many times we say that you mustn't have datpacked files in your plugins when making lots for the public,
we still come across those every now and then where "BSC.DAT" is listed as a dependency in the LD file.

Regardless of how many times we say that you mustn't have datpacked files in your plugins when installing new lots,
some people will still be doing that.

Due to the risk of CTD's we don't want to encourage people to datpack controller files in the first place though.
I know that won't stop SC4BOY or Wouanagaine from datpacking both NAM and the X-Ports though... but those two know what they are doing! ::)

xxdita

And for those refusing to heed the warnings, tech support for NAM, airports and seaports ends once the files are DatPacked. So users are on their own at that point, as their behaviors when packed have not been tested prior to release.

jaykk121scfreak

I have downloaded ac functional airports and it is a great pack and all but when i place an airport shuttle in a neighboring city to the airport on the capcity of the city with the airports still stays at zero.(there is only an airport in the city)

RippleJet

The shuttle doesn't transfer any passengers for real to any other airports in neighbouring cities.
It only functions like an airport without you having to build one in each and every small city.

An airport in an empty city (with no commercial offices) will never get any passengers, regardless of the size of your neighbouring cities in the region.

feelingshehides

I have a problem with    BLS Airport Shuttle:

cPanel Web Host

I even cheetah speed it, i thought it was constructing.. =o

I got the needed dependencies:

cheap Web Host

Also already got the ones from page1:

BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol01
BSCBATProps MJB Vol09
CSX MEGA Props Vol06
BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
SG Bus Stops BSC
SG Models_Restaurants
SG Models_Adult
SG Models_Malls
SG Models_Hotels1
BSC Props SG Holiday Park Vol01

Unless there's something i am missing =x

Edit: I reloaded my city again was switching from another city and the airport was still bugged lol

Webhosting with cPanel

edit, another update.. i was roaming around the city and went back to check.. and look

cheap WebHosting

Lol o_O ()what()

RippleJet

The Construction Time for the first stage is 88 days.
Thus, if you had it on cheeta speed, I'm sure you've waited long enough. %confuso
Besides, based on the query, the shuttle station is obviously functioning properly otherwise.

I've never had any experience in any building being constructed for ever...
I'd like to know what happens when this one upgrades into stage 2.

Regarding the missing props, please first make sure you've got the Graphic Settings for City Details on high.

EDIT:
Just saw your latest picture. :)
Maybe you hadn't waited all 88 days after all... ::)

feelingshehides

LOL, i can't check now, i am at work.

So it wasn't a bug after all ? I run sims at full/high. Bleh i didn't know there was a construction time >_< I thought its bugged because the query says its already utilized, usually buildings on construction don't say they are utilized..

ea. on my pic Max Capacity 1665 Percent of Capacity Utilized 1365

lol

planetechef

something wrong with this pack, nice by the way, but i have all dependencies and some lot doesn t work, for sample, i have one control tower but not the second one, no plane, and i have all terminal, runway but just some item are missing, i check my dependencies list and it s just fine, run the cleanitol for check, so do we need something else like swamper pack ?
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

Swamper77

Do not use my old Airport Support files with the BSC Upgradeable Airports. Their work makes mine outdated. Theirs is also more functional than my file was.

Did you run both installers in the AC Functional Airports download? The "Install_AC_SWAP_Eyecandy_Lots.exe" in the download contains the parked planes and other lots that are not airport terminals.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

planetechef

RippleJet

Could you provide a picture of what is missing?

The airplanes in the SWAP package are from Maxis' Buildings as prop (bldgprop_vol1), available here:
http://www.sc4devotion.com/SC4D_Maxis_files_EULA.html

planetechef

i try to find what s wrong because i have already the buildprop vol.1 and vol.2. i try to give you more information about airport pack i have.
that missing      
   MOG helipad   Moganite
   BLS Airport Shuttle   BarbyW
   SimGoober Heliport   SimGoober   
   CdS Island Air   Ripptide   
and the plane as well

RippleJet

I just rechecked the readme and the cleanitol file, and I have to admit that two essential model packs are listed in the Cleanitol file, but not in the Readme... &ops
The following files should have been listed in the Readme as well:

Quote from: planetechef on September 14, 2008, 06:48:38 PM
i check my dependencies list and it s just fine, run the cleanitol for check

If you did run the Cleanitol you shouldn't be missing those dependencies though: ::)

Quote from: planetechef on September 15, 2008, 05:09:55 AM
   MOG helipad   Moganite

Dependency:

BLS Airport Shuttle   BarbyW

Dependencies:

SimGoober Heliport   SimGoober   

Dependency:

CdS Island Air   Ripptide   
and the plane as well

Dependency:

planetechef

yes, thanks a lot, with BSC MEGA Props SG Heliport and AC MEGA Props - Vol 01, work, well done, this two dependancies wasn t in the read me if i remember, so this post could help the next one  &hlp
thanks again for your time ripplejet  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

I'm kinda new to the SimCity airport business... I have a few custom airports downloaded but they were released before, and included with, the AC Functional Airports pack on the LEX. Since my computer has Vista x64, Cleanitol doesn't work... So what I would like is a list of exactly what files conflict with the Functional Airports that I should delete. (Not the filenames - i mean the sets, such as what's-it-called deaplane airport, any RMIP packs, SG heliport, etc) I already have one modular airport built using the various parts of RMIP-2, and I can't remember what it is that I used for the terminal and planes. Should I remove this airport too?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

RippleJet

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 10, 2008, 04:08:41 PM
Since my computer has Vista x64, Cleanitol doesn't work...

As far as I know Cleanitol was coded on a machine running Vista.
Let's see if Wouanagaine could shed some light over this later on...

So what I would like is a list of exactly what files conflict with the Functional Airports that I should delete. (Not the filenames - i mean the sets, such as what's-it-called deaplane airport, any RMIP packs, SG heliport, etc)

• All Airport Support files made by Swamper77
  • SWAP
  • Ripptide's CdS Island Air Seaplane Base
  • SimGoober's Heliport
  • Moganite's NHP MOG Helipad
  • Any airport lots made by TAC

The names of the files, belonging to those products, that have to be removed are listed in the Cleanitol file,
Cleanitol_ACAirports_1.0---2.RemoveConflicts.txt

I already have one modular airport built using the various parts of RMIP-2, and I can't remember what it is that I used for the terminal and planes. Should I remove this airport too?

None of the modular airport packs by Voltaire, ACE or RMIP are functional airports.
Thus they do not conflict with AC Functional Airports.

nerdly_dood

I keep getting the error message from Cleanitol that means I don't have one of the DLLs I need installed when I in fact have both... But that doesn't matter because I fiddled around a little and discovered that my installation of the AC functional airports worked PERFECTLY. I have now passed the 'noob' phase and I consider myself to now be in the "waiting for the next release" phase like I am with RHW. I could use a little more ATCT variety...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

RippleJet

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 10, 2008, 08:25:07 PM
I have now passed the 'noob' phase and I consider myself to now be in the "waiting for the next release" phase like I am with RHW. I could use a little more ATCT variety...

You're not the only one waiting... for Voltaire's incredible prefab airport... :)