• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BEL-AIR - a fresh new start on SC4

Started by Unconstantean, April 09, 2015, 02:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unconstantean

This MD is about an 8x8 large city tiles region. The main ideea is to build a region-wide city.

So first we have Heron Lake neighborhood:

population: 95.480 (it's more an experiment of different RCI mods and some zoning plans)

vester

Nice start on a MD.

One thing, maybe add a custom train. You can find one in List of Train mods, V2

Unconstantean

Thank you! I have custom trains installed. But i had to reinstall them due to an error. I the next set of pictures you'll see the custom trains frim your collections :D

vortext

Successful experiment by the looks of it!  :)

Could use some more coherence and a little less repetition here and there but definitely a good start!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Well, I think it was a successful experiment because the city looks very good! Looking forward to seeing more!!

Unconstantean

Thank you all for the feedback.
Here it is Springfiel district

@Vester

noahclem

I'd call this an awesome start! Plenty of great elements and you obviously have strong grip on transit network creation. My only suggestion would be using more of a variety of trees in some situations. Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

Unconstantean

I will surely use a larger variety of trees, i have a huge list in my MMP menu.

La Salle International Airport - an epic fail.

I wanted the landing strip to be realistic so i've made it a little over 3.5 km. I've placed some doppler radar, a wetaher station, aproaching lights and all sort of airport complements.

But i screwd things up on the other side. I don't think that i did the sections the right way. I have the cargo area,

the passenger terminal with 4 gates and a 5th VIP gate,

a hangar and maintenance area and also the heliport platforms

and a stationary platforms for large planes.

I was aborad of planes and fly many times, i even have two airports around my city but i never payed attention to details. And now somehaow i have this feeling that something is not ok  ()sad()  :thumbsdown:  :crytissue:

FrankU

Hi,

Don't feel stupid. You cannot know everything.
Indeed the airport looks not realistic. Maybe you can find aerials of a real life airport? Google maps or Bing maps maybe?
I don't know. I never even tried an airport because I have no idea how the runways look.

But besides that: your other parts of the city look nice and interesting to me. You have a nice choice of lots!  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Heh, "epic fail" is definitely not the best descriptor here :D  This definitely looks better than most and, as me and my NORO collaborators have recently discovered, airports are incredibly hard to build in SC4. I made an update here that has a bunch of links to airports that inspired me on google maps and wikipedia.

The first and most helpful thing I'd recommend are these wider, more realistically scaled runways

Then I'd recommend looking up airports you like in RL and checking out the layout of their gates, concourses, arrival/departure roads, tarmacs, etc. You've definitely got the potential for a great airport here  :thumbsup:

Variety of trees looks awesome this time, by the way, but it seems the seasons have turned on you ;)

Unconstantean

Thank you!!  ;D

Still i think it's crap so i buldoze it and i give you now airport 2.0

(still a work in progress)

-ignore the power plant, it's just a place holder-

benedict

Great update. I really like what you're doing with your MD.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Unconstantean

small updates

airport 3.0 and this is final

i moved the airport on a peninsula in the seaport

a tight fit in montego district (all my districts have classic american cars names cause i love those old cars :D )

and some development

and before anybody asks yes i am a grid fan :)))

Unconstantean

Back after a while with a fresh new start and with a new region : -  BEL-AIR (based on Cathlamet - with some minor terrain modifications : seaports/airport)

also a new terrain mod that i totaly digg - Meadowshire . Amazing work CPT!!

general view of the region (i tried to put smooth curves everywhere)

downtown

Resized the region view.

Themistokles

That looks like a promising region view! I like the wet-temperate green lushness of the Meadowshire terrain, it's really quite different than the Appalachian.

Concerning the city shot I personally always prefer earthen ramps when I use viaduct rail, because the slope pieces are really awfully steep!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vortext

Great choice of region and quite ambitious plans by the looks of it! Looking forward to see it progress!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sim_link

Nice start already, looking forward to watching you fill the region up. Should be fun to watch. :)

reddonquixote

Excellent farms  :thumbsup:

I wish I could make such realistic and nice scenes in SC4 and you guys do  &mmm
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

Nice work with the farms  &apls  I've yet to figure that part of the game out :D