• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rise of Kooriopolis - UN of Gondwanaland

Started by KooriSim123, January 16, 2007, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Interesting start! I vote Brigantine. It's the only mod in my plugin folder that I never considered changing, actually. It looks good almost anywhere.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gaston

Okay KooriSim123,
    Here is my humble opinion.   I have been using "Brigantine" for over a year now.    I have considered changing to "Crystal Lagoon" or "Clipper" several times.    Most of my cities are in more northern looking regions and the tropical look of the later two never quite looks right.   I might just have to try another mod just for a change of pace.    So I guess I can only narrow it down to either Brig or the other two.   Sorry I couldn't be a bit more helpful, mate.    But I love the trees.   And the Italian Terrain is one I have been thinking of changing too myself. 

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Diggis

Wynney? Is that you?  This looks good mate.  And seems the consensus is with Brigitine, although I like the lighter Crystal Lagoon personally.

Yoder7652

personally I'm liking number 1. can't wait to see some development.

KooriSim123

Rise of Kooriopolis - UN of Gondwanaland

G'day all OK 1st of all i can tell you that 2007 in RL has fully got back into the swing of things for me  ::) just worked from 6am till about 9.30 tonight fixing up other tradesmens mistakes gee it frustrates the hell out of me oh well you get that i suppose.
  I couldnt believe the amount of responses and comments that were left since my last visit regarding the water mod. Thank you all so much for your responses and opinions  I took everything i could think of into account aswell as everyone's opinions and decided upon this

It's the Italia terrain mod with Crystal Lagoon. Most of the cities will use this terrain, though i will be using a few others as it ventures towards the mountains Columbus and/or Olympic.
I wont answer to everyones comments this time round as it will become a bit to repetative i feel but i must say to Diggis "Yes its Wynney my Pacific Ocean friend how was the holiday?
Again thanx for everyone dropping in and taking the time to leave a comment. Its funny its almost the same feeling as checking your bank balance on payday  #?¿?¿?$ maybe not but it sure is good to hear from people all around the globe.
Anyway i am going to get a little bit of shut eye. I have the next 2 days off so be prepared for some decent updates with development.
cheers
catch ya
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

dedgren

Koori-

Great choice- one that will surely complement your region.  Have a fine couple of days off- be watching for your post.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Shadow Assassin

Great choice, too. I can see gizmo's water flora fitting in very well with that island. Personally, I'd go for Brigatine, but Crystal Lagoon fits in quite nicely.

QuoteShadow Assassin - Hey mate thanx for dropping by and i hope the region will eventually look uniquely Aussie to people like yourself. Did you enjoy playing the didge and could you get a nice sound?   

It was fun to play, yes. I could get a sound, but I couldn't adjust the pitch. :P So it was all one note. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Diggis

Koori, good to see you over here too.  Yeah good holiday, wish I was still on it. This is looking good.  Like the effect you have in the last pic you posted. looking forward to your updates.

thundercrack83

Your choice of water modds looks great! I am a fan of the Brigantine, but I must admit that Crystal Lagoon looks very good with your terrain. Great choice! I'll be looking forward to the next update!

bat

Yes, a great choice of the water modd! Looking forward to the upcomming update!

petercintn

Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

KooriSim123

Update:  Rise of Kooriopolis

Gday all thanx for stopping in again or maybe the 1st time, if so welcome. Now that the water and terrain issuses are resolved i thought i would now try to make a official sought of start.
  With the map being the size it is i have decided to develop 4 neighbouring cities or squares at a time and update to the MD as it progresses along. I have decided to go this way to save confusion for both the reader and me. ::)  ;D
  OK lets talk about the map and where we will make a start. I have thought about this quite a bit and came to the decision that the best place to begin would be Opal Cove.
A shot of the area and transportation map excluding Rail

Obviously the map will thicken alot as it develops but a just wanted to give an idea of the initial routes.

Opal Cove will becomethe busiest port in the Region and will be known as from now as the Industrial Harbour City.
The main Highway called the Gwydir Highway runs right through Opal Cove to help relieve the traffic congestion later on feeding the industrial sector's and/or using as a bypass.
Here is a few shots of the main intersection of the Gwydir Highway in Opal Cove.

To the North which is straight up you are heading towards Ausgrove which is the Capital of Kooriopolis. To the East is Bankstown which will be developed for Res and to the West is Prestonvale which is semi-rural. While to the South across the harbour is Little Bay.

I will leave it at this point for now as i really need to finish the railway layout and start some full on development until next time catch ya

Replies
Dedgren - Thanx mate and i definately enjoyed the couple of days break but the bills seem to be neverending so its back to bloody work lol

Shadow Assassin - Yeah it was a truley hard decision and i'll probably change my mind as we go along. That seems to be the normal sort of thing for me.lol Great stuff man in getting a sound out of the didge another little tip is moving your cheeks and tongue also can control the pitch or note that flows through,Thanx for dropping by mate.

Diggis - Gday my kiwi mate how's those plans at work.Great to catch up the other day and good to hear ya had a good holiday take it easy and thanx for dropping in.

Thundercrack83 - thanx again for dropping by mate. I also like the Brigantine and all of them really so i made a decision  :satisfied:  :D  Though i hope it suits the rest and not just that 1 particular shot lol

Bat - gday mate thanx for dropping in i love seeing  people like yourself and others who contribute a fair amount drop in. It seems to give a heap more incentive to the author I'm glad you liked choice

Petercintn - Short and sweet. that is what alot of us like things done especially over here in Australia thanx for dropping by mate

Thanx to everyone for having a look and to the people who took the time out to comment.
catch ya

Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

emilin

Very nice detailing. The small pond with lillys and the little hut at the end of the dirtroad shows true dedication. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Diggis

hmmm, i'm not seeing your photos.  Are the PNG's?

KooriSim123

Hey Diggis, the pics are in Jpeg.Yhat's strange mate i dont know what the problem is i checked at imageshack and everything seems to be allright does anyone else have the same problem  %wrd
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

thundercrack83

Great update! I love the highway with the gasoline billboards next to it. I can't wait to see how the harbor develops!

Diggis

bat

dedgren

Hey, Koori, getting back after a bit.  I've sort of got the RL thing going on this week as well.

...ahhh, but it's Friday!

I'll be interested to see what you do with that long, narrow peninsula.  In my opinion, they are one of the most difficult landforms to develop in SC4, mostly due to the constraints imposed by the grid.

I note that in the past when I've terraformed a peninsula into a quad, I've tried to make it as parallel with one axis of the grid as I can- this helps somewhat.

Those 15 story tall gas station (petrol down there?) signs are the only scenery along the Interstates across the great plains of the U.S.

Have a great day, my friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Heinz

hello koori, thats a great start. excellent choices for terrain and water, if i may add. the development seemed to be going well with the industrial harbor. since david's post almost two months ago, however, you seem to have gone AWOL on this MD. really hope you get the time to update us on your progress, if any, regarding this MD you have. see you soon, i hope