• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Devon - UPDATE - 28th May, Where'd you wanna go? - region shot

Started by JJ, April 10, 2007, 01:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

Nice one  ()stsfd() Sorry i havn't pooped in for a while  ()sad()
I'm back

Copperalis

Excellent planning. I agree with robotninjapirate about the level of detail. The sloped avenue in the earlier updates look good, as does the road layout in the mosaic showing the residential areas on the hillside.

The same can be said for the latest update - the car park merging into the road and the path leading into the back of the McDonalds stand out. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

JJ

Hello and Welcome back to New Devon. We are currently still visiting the lovely city of Plymport, the largest in the region so far. There are three other cities, Overwinning(Farming Village), Tythen Pendra(Mountain Village) and Exeton(Small Town).

We are now going to head to the southwest to the notorious White Sand Beaches. This is the only real resort in Plymport, with luscious white sandy beaches and coral reefs and the best hotel in the city, The Grand Hussar Hotel. The rooms vary, with the more expensive being the honey moon sweets especially with an ocean view. Here you can see the beach in front of the hotel. The hotel offers free rides on the octopus, with various boat rides out to see the corals, or scuba diving/snorkeling, whatever they may prefer. Other water sports include water skiing and windsurfing. The western region of the the beach, is a no swim zone, but houses a water taxi that takes you on an exploration around the shores of Plymport.

Next I am going to take you all the way back out, up further north, into the suburbs. This is also the location of the world famous Plymport International University, which houses students from all across the globe, teaching in five languages, English, Dutch, Cornish(Three main languages of New Devon). Courses are also available in French and Spanish, but at an extra cost.

After this we are gonna take you back to the city centre. Here you can see the tesco's that survived the hurricane of 2007. Opposite of the building is a sainsbury's however this is due to be removed as they have opened a much larger store near the flyover, and tesco's is stealing all their competition as they are just across the roads. Marks and Spencers will be building there soon.

Finally not too far from the city centre, about 1 minute by car and 3 by foot, depending on traffic is a new plot of land for sale. It is 7x3, and bids are starting at 15,000. You can bid here If you are interested, you can also find a screen of the land at that link too.

Update Over :)

Danthe

Your beach looks fantastic  :thumbsup: Good work.

Snaper

Very pretty ...  :thumbsup:

There are many buildings which I do not know... Chinese?   :)

bat

Beautiful pictures, JJ! Great update! :thumbsup:

JJ

TheTeaCat

Very very nice indeed mate :thumbsup:. I like the details you've got displayed so well &apls

I'll be watching :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Nice neighborhoods and colorful commercial district. Especially fond of the photo with Stone Cold Creamery on one level and the other buildings above it. I really like the effect although that's not to say I've figured out how to do it in my own cities. The stone walls fit well into their surroundings, too (don't know how to work with those either!). New Devon reflects a lot of careful planning and attention to detail. You've earned your bragging rights  ;)!

JJ

Hehe

But just to let you guys know...

Screens from before the 19th are very old, as in, the old Plymport. I had to reformat and lost Plymport at that time, so started again. And everything since the 19th is in my new Plymport.

Also I am gonna take some closer screens later today...

But for now a more recent overview

http://www.scproperty.rctstop.com/rct/overview18.jpg

This is the finished form of Plymport, it will be expanded at a later date. But now I am more building the current status of the New Devon region. I have finished the Farming Village of Overwinning aswell. And I need to build the ski resorts in the mountains, the pit and tourist trap area in the east. Also I need to build the mountain ruins villages, with a few home on route. Also I need to build Tythen Pendra(the northern village above the mountains) and Exeton, which is between Plymport and the tourist trap. Oh and plant the rainforest.

jonnyrocks

Lookinmg very nice, can't wait to see how this one develops! love the coastal regions especially, keep it up!

JJ

Welcome back to New Devon!

Before we were visiting the city of Plymport, but now I think it's time for a detour off route, lets travel a little way up the North Carolina Expressway. Not too far away is the small farming village of Overwinning. Overwinning was built in memory of the Dutch families that lived in the mountains back in the history of New Devon. Overwinning translates as Victory in dutch, so it details how the Hausenwager family managed to achieve such Victory over many years.

Here we have the home where the current descendants of the Hausenwager family currently live.

Here you can see where the North Carolina Expressway interchanges with the A1 and A2. You cannot see the A1 as it is on the other side of that cloverleaf.

An overview of a few of the farms in the area.

The Tunnel and Overpass of the A2

This final screens details a short section of the village!

Thank you for visiting New Devon and the village of Overwinning and the surrounding farmland! We can't wait for your return :)

bat

Snaper

Your fields are very beautiful
But on the 2nd image, I do not like too your highway ... For a rural area it's not necessary, I think  &mmm

Otherwise, it's very nice  :thumbsup:

JJ

@ Snaper - Yeah I know what you mean  $%Grinno$%

------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back to New Devon! You have seen so much, but now it's your turn to play a part. You can now vote on what you would like to look closer at. Here is an overview of New Devon, just give us the word and we'll get right in there!

Click Here for Region Shot

JJ

Snaper

Yes I  $%Grinno$%

Very nice Region ... It's very realistic  :thumbsup:

Bravo  &apls

dedgren

JJ, hey!

I took a nice leisurely walk through your MD for the first time today and it would seem you've got a really nice start at a region that holds a lot of promise.  I found the links to pics not displayed in the MD a bit distracting- you've got so many nice ones offsite it's as if you're hiding the light under the old bushel.  The region map was great- very professionally conceived, almost as if from a tourism brochure.  About the only thing that could have made it better was perhaps a larger size image at a finer level of detail.  I found myself wanting to see things more closely.

Anyway, Good Luck!  I'm sure New Devon has a bright future.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Hello, JJ!

Sorry it took so long for me to comment here! I just got caught up and I think New Devon is looking great! I love your residential areas and your farms, and the overpass and tunnel shot was my absolutely favorite. I'll definitely be around for more updates, my friend! Take care!

Jmouse

OK, JJ, I'll bite. I'd like to see what you do with the Great Tamberton Valley area. I love little coves like that because they are so attractive and offer up a wealth of possibilities from CBD to cozy fishing village.
And good (continued) luck with your lovely MD.

Joan