• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Calderwood

Started by Muzz, April 21, 2007, 08:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewart_garden

Nice picture.  The rain and the dark remind me of home!!!
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

pipishere

Nice picture but i agree, the lightning looks a little out of place...maybe striking a spire on a building and more of a forked thing would make for a more dramatic picture.  ;)

Emperor Stormont

Missed the past few updates.....I know I'm so bad.

Anyways, loved the mosaic and the rain one, would agree with pip, maybe hitting a spire or building would look good.

Good work Muzzzy boy (don't know where that came from.... :P )

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

dmscopio

it is great to see some of my creations in your cities. keep it up, my friend. lookinf forwards to your next update!
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Muzz

Thank everyone, so many great replies! I will answer them all after this short update, here we go then!

I apologise, this was intended to be longer, but some of the mosaic pictures weren't saved apparently...  &sly

Now time for some

Replies!

rooker1: Thanks, those are Kvassman's offices, and they are from the STEX. I forgot who made them, but they are really cool buildings!
dedgren: Thank you! I'm pretty sure my exams went well, and I'm just glad to get back to having free time!
bat: Danke schon!  :P
yoder: Thank you, sometimes it comes very organically though, other tiems I need to think hard about how the buildigns or parks will go.
yoman: Your embassy would be the huge black tower in the city centre with ravens flying around it and lightning striking around it! And yes, I must remember!
kwakelaar: Thanks, and yes you are right, sometimes that effect can work very well indeed!
jayo: Thanks, I try to go for my own style as far as possible!
rooker1: Thanks, I wasn't entirely happy with it, but it was satisfactory at least!
thundercrack: Thanks! Yeah probably, but it is a luxury hotel, and the lights might flicker for a bit, we can't have that can we?  :P
bat: Thank you!
stewart_garden: Thanks! Indeed, the weather can be pretty bad soemtimes... Like yesterday. June? June my foot!
pip: Thanks, it is a learning experience, next time lightning comes to Calderwood it will look better!
belfastuniguy: Thanks for visiting! Lol, I don't know where that came from either...
dmscopio: Well they are awesome creations, and no good city is complete without at least one of them! Thanks for your kind words!

Asimov

Excellent pictures, the plaza with the subterranean mall looks fantastic, as do the other pictures in this MD. One thing I would recommend though would be some more trees in your Parks, they look a bit empty with those large open lawns.

Shadow Assassin

Everything looks good, but there aren't many people on the roads, the park plaza feels just that little bit lifeless. It's probably the metallic structures and the trees in autumn. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

pipishere

I took some inspiration from your lightning shot and did one of my own in my CJ lol! Cool shots of Calderwood there Muzz!!!!

thundercrack83

Nice little update, Muzz! I love the underground shopping centre at Maddison Quays!

tooheys

I like the first picture, the mix of old and new seperated by the light rail.

The plaza and underground mall fit together well, but I pity the pigeons, there's nobody there to @#*% on.

Nice work and will be dropping by for more.

Cheers

Dave

Yoman

yoman: Your embassy would be the huge black tower in the city centre with ravens flying around it and lightning striking around it! And yes, I must remember!

Good enough :P

emilin

That is a really impressive mosaic. The first part, where the skyscrapers meet the parisian blocks look perfectly natural, despite being a very hard mix to get away with. The rest, of course, looks good too. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

That is a very good looking plaza  ;)  Indeed :  the highrises and the parisian style W2W's fit very well together in your picture.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Muzz this is just awesome and well laid out!
Have you thought of bidding for the Simlympics at all?
Just a thought as what i see Calderwood would be a though one to beat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Snaper

It's very beautiful ... I love the Maddison Park, simple but effective   :P

Bravo  :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

really really nice update ! Like the line of modern building between madison plaza and the older part of the town.

kwakelaar

That is a very modern urban space, like it a lot.

Emperor Stormont

Fantastic update, I like those ad boards, nice touch.  :D

I await yet more wonders from Calderwood

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Wonderful pictures of that modern area! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Another fantastic update and awesome mosaic.  Really great chioce of buildings and the transit looks nicely planned in the first picture.  I am really starting to like the GLR more and more.  Can you show more pictures of your layout?
And thanks for the help with the building, I'm going to go look for it now.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.