• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Real Expressway Mod REW (Development and Support)

Started by eggman121, November 23, 2016, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Sorry for the long radio silence on my end. I have had work and other stuff that has prevented my from replying quicker.

To make something really clear. The REW will be less involved than the RHW and Alex and matias93 are right, the mod is a halfway mark for road transportation that can combine interchanges, roundabouts and will tie in nicely with the current NWM OWR stuff. Transitions for interfacing with the RHW and the OWR already exist and have been expanded upon in NAM 35. While I do appreciate that the new functionality will have a small learning curve, it will be no where as large as the RHW and especially the RRW. It may actually be simpler. The only thing I can think of that may be confusing will the inherent direction you draw the OWR in.

The REW will Not replace any current functionality in the NAM! The premise of this mod is to tie in as much NWM OWR stuff to make a seamless network. In essence to gapfill some transitions and ramps that are not currently implemented.

In addition, what makes this mod Really viable is the fact that there is only one texture set needed for the OWR, I don't recall any localized variants nor do I anticipate any.

As for regional connections that may have to be done on with the road network since the OWR does not have the capacity to make regional connections.

Quote from: Fabio Costa on November 25, 2016, 06:58:03 AM
Please say we will have that parallel slip lanes for OWR

That is indeed Possible  ;)

That functionality will be expanded upon.

Hope that answers some of the predominate questions.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Love the slip lanes &apls

I did not know that with the road connection, OWR will act the same as in two directions of traffic crossing over to the next map.

REW will still be totally awesome and significant content added that currently does not exist today. 

Still only hoping there would be an imaginative creation to create the same type of ramp interfaces for AVE6/7 as there are for AVE4.

Great and wonderful job again and thank you so much for sharing &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

compdude787

Hey, if you made the inner lanes be RHW, that essentially means it is now possible to create Texas-style frontage roads! That's pretty awesome!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

eggman121

Quote from: compdude787 on November 25, 2016, 05:30:56 PM
Hey, if you made the inner lanes be RHW, that essentially means it is now possible to create Texas-style frontage roads! That's pretty awesome!!

Too true....

So yeah. This project has a lot of potential.

-eggman121

Baltimore

Thanks guys for for letting me know what the REW is . @matias93 Your description was good , but sometimes things have to be told to me like a child . :D @Tarkus Thanks , received loud and clear , I think . And @eggman121 , You simply verified my question and what Tarkus was telling me .  Dealing with a dweeb like me , shows that all of you are awesome . Some of you may know me from Simtropolis as raynev1 . If so , then you know my "Sometimers" have been on/off for a while now .  ::)

Long live SC4 , Long live SC4D     
AKA raynev1 @Simtropolis
See what I'm into when I'm not playing Simcity4
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2BmSZmH0YW7U6TithLBsQ

dyoungyn

Is REW dead?  Haven't seen any more development.  Was really excited about this and look soo forward to this in NAM 36. 

Tarkus

One month without an update is far too short a time for the "dead" label to start coming up, especially considering that the number of active, RUL-capable developers on the team can be counted on one hand right now.  The REW is still in the pipeline, though given our current release strategy, and the amount of RL that NAM developers are currently facing, its inclusion in NAM 36 is not guaranteed. 

NAM 36 presently looks like it's going to be a small release, comprised of whichever projects can be brought up to a stable state in a short timeframe.  This "drip feed" is our intended modus operandi going forward.

-Alex

eggman121

The REW project is definitely not dead. I do plan to commence work on it once I have the available time.

A bit of background from me, I am a retail worker for the moment and will be starting study again next year. As such I have a bit of work RL wise with Christmas coming up I have not had a chance to make any meaningful updates as of yet.

NAM 37 is my goal at the moment for the REW and assuming everything goes well I could get it included by than.

Remember the NWM project thread was locked for a considerable amount of time until the mechanics could be worked out and that eventually released.

As Alex says, We indeed are very thin on NAM Team members and that makes things harder for the few of us still around.

So we cannot keep updating when we don't have much material to post. There is no point. Anyway RL has to come first. The NAM Modding does not pay my bills.

The thread will be locked if the sentiment expressed is continued.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

eggman121/Alex,

Thank you for the generous and gracious reply. 

Fully understand and so very grateful for anything and everything all you creative thinkers take time out of their very busy schedule to share. 

Any and all NAM updates are blessing and all SC4 players alike are so very grateful to have been given the opportunity to utilize. 

dyoungyn

eggman121

Moving forward  ()stsfd()

New Ramp interfaces for the Real Expressway. All draggable. No puzzle or flex pieces.

More to come! Overrides and extra ramp functionality  ;D

-eggman121

compdude787

Awesome sauce! &apls

EDIT: Are these ramps' drag patterns the same as with the RHW's draggable ramps?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

FABULOUS!!!!!!  REW is definitely looking more and more AMAZING and realistic.  NOW if ONLY one could figure out a way to connect ONWAY2 and 3 could have neighbor connection like RHW/NWM that would be ABSOLUTELY AWESOME :thumbsup:

Ryan B.

Looking great, eggman!  I'm really digging those ramp interfaces, and I can already see how awesome my frontage road setups are going to be.

eggman121

Hello everyone.

I have been working on the REW ramp setups lately and here is an image of the current state of works...

There are more ramps coming so stay tuned.

-eggman121

Vizoria

matias93

This is the part when one cannot even think on all the possibilities  &apls &apls &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Missvanleider

These look fabulous, just when you thought it was safe to go back into the NAM....!

noahclem

Looking great  &apls  These will fill a great gap and make possible a lot of connections that weren't previously doable.

_Michael

This looks really promising - I can't wait to get my hands on it!

AsimPika3172

Oh yeah!!! Another nice making new roads design! I will waiting for this one SOON™!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
I loves Sim City forever!