• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

aNdi's BATs (Berliner Stadtschloss)

Started by aNdi, June 22, 2008, 12:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

AnDi looking real good here and I hope to see more progress soon...  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

back2mom

wow great work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I hope you are faster with the BAT then the real remake of the Stadtschloss.  :) Denn ich will das Schloss schon vorher in SimCity haben. :D ;) Did you think about it to do a W2W building with the work you had done ()what() It would be a great addition for great european buildings.

Yes my english isn't realy good but I hope you understand what I mean.

FrankU

Your English is good enough!
I am also curious what teh Stadtschloss is going to be.

If you ever feel like BATting existing buildings from Berlin I would suggest:
1 Altes Museum
2 Friedrichswerdersche Kirche
3 Neue Wache
4 Komische Oper
5 churches at the Gendarmenmarkt
6 Schloss Sanssouci
7 Neue Nastionalgalerie
8 Philharmonie
-   OK, let me stop here....

You guessed right: Berlin is my favourite city abroad.
I consider the nrs 1, 7 and 8 as part of the top 50 buildings in Europe.

Sciurus

Woaw! It's very nice :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

very good project aNdi  :thumbsup: and very nice start &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vario80

Nicely done so far aNdi!  &apls
Good luck with your applications btw.  :)

Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

peterycristi

Hi andi,

what a nice BAT!  &apls I'm happy, that someone is doing this great palace, that was destroyed by a member of idiots. I can't wait to see the buliding complete ;). Great work  :thumbsup:

saludos

peterycristi
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

aNdi

Hey guys
first of all I'm so sorry that I did not update for so long but university really took most of my free time
but reading your posts really make me ambitious(<<<???) again
so thank you very much :)

FrankU: Hehe, I've even once started to make a model of the Werdersche Kirche but it was years ago and it looked ugly in the end ^^
but I really hope I will be able to BAT more of the elder berlin stuff

here's what I have done that far. I hope you like the update :)

(red: completed, green: the things that are going to be next)

and the original it looked like this:

and here's my model:

btw

if you have any tips on creating statues... pleeeeeeaaaaase let me know ^^ I know to model statues but I have no idea how to, at least my last tries always ended in chaos and agression ;)
Berlin: Verdammt dazu ewig zu werden und niemals zu sein.

BATting projects. Currently: Berliner Stadtschloss

JJsa

Oh MY GOD!!!!!!

Your creations are just FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Up the EXCELLENT WORK!!!! Congratulations!!!

Nardo69

You DO know that you are completely crazy, do you? (and with completely crazy I mean completely crazy like me!  ;D )

Pat

aNdi welcome back from RL and its great to see some wonderful progress here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

aNdi

JJsa: Thank you very much ^^
Nardo69: Indeed I do know that  ;D Aber wer nichts wagt, der nichts gewinnt!
Pat: Thank you, also for you welcome back wishes ;) I really kind of missed this whole stuff here

Whatever
As I said I really need help with the statues, in the model I've simply put some grey boxes as "place holders" but I hope that sooner or later I will  replace them by statues, as the original building had

(red: completed ( if you don't take the missing statues into account), green: next)

So this is what I want to model next, the "north front"

mightygoose

are all the sections going to be released as stand alone models, as they certainly warrant it seeing their quality...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

baconrocky

I think I swallowed my tongue and my eyeballs jumped from my sockets, these are BEAUTIFUL! wow, I am crossing my fingers that I will one day be able to use these in my city. Awesome skills. :)

DebussyMan

You can't imagine how happy I am to see you're back in business!. So far it looks excellent.  :thumbsup:

About the statues, there are many ways for making them. The easiest one is using primitives (cylinders, spheres, etc) and arranging them accordingly. It looks terrible up close, but from far away the result is very good. Another one is using poser to make them, but it requieres 3ds max. In any case, I've found that it's not worth the trouble of making them as they will look almost the same from the SC4 angle, so usually I download generic statues from sites like http://archidom.net and modify them according to my needs if necesary.

BTW, I have a few elevations of the front, side and rear facades of the palace, in case you are interested.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

aNdi

mightygoose : hmm I'm not sure yet. I think that the package, if you would put all models together, would be far too large. I also need to render them seperately because I have no compter that could handle such a large model.

baconrocky : Hehe, Thanks a lot :) I also wondered if I should release on of these buildings as kind of "teaser" to point the people's attention to it ;) so maybe you will be able to use your fingers again sooner than you think

debussyman: Thanks a lot ^^ this site looks really promising, I will try it out immediately, if it won't work I guess I will have to try to the primitives-way *sigh* ^^
elevations? what excactly do you mean with elevations? but if you want to model something realistic you never can enough enough materiel so I'd be glad to see what you've got :)

Edit2:

debussyman: Gmax cannot open the files I did download from that site :\ I do see the content in the preview-window but the opening always fails

today I've started modelling the first section of northern wall
here's what I have got that far
not really the way I imagined it though

(red: the section I've modelled)

the windows' frames of the original palace were brown, but I've decided to make them brighter because the brown ones made look the building far too dark:

What do you guys think about the colours? people tend to think that the palace was a grey box but it definitely wasn't. it was quite colourful and I've tried to put this into the model.
I think I will have to work on them though, as well as on the model itself, some parts of the sections aren't completely sacrificing me ^^

EDIT:

I think that's a little bit better

DebussyMan

These are the elevations I have:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

aNdi

wow
they will help a lot :) thank you very much, finally a good drawing ^^

Fabian93

This is a great project  &apls
I even saved it to my favourites month ago, i was quit sad that the project was on hold, but now I'm even happier to see this project going on  &apls :thumbsup:

As to the colours, I have never seen a colour-photo of the Berliner Stadtschloss, only paintings.
Most likely you knew that, but you could have a look on the Staatsratsgebäude, in which a portal of the Stadtschloss is integrated to:

It probably didn't help you, but I was just here to say how great I think this is already anyway.
Keep it up,
Fabian