• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Support Thread

Started by Haljackey, November 26, 2011, 12:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you found this guide useful?

Yes- very useful
34 (82.9%)
Yes- Somewhat useful
6 (14.6%)
No- too simplistic
0 (0%)
No- too confusing
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

ShadowTiger

Quote from: Tarkus on September 26, 2013, 10:34:43 PM
From the appearances of your screenshot, that's because you're trying to transition over the starter.  The starter is a dead zone for that sort of thing.  Drag a little bit RHW-4 out of that starter the other direction, and then try the transition.

-Alex

That's exactly what it was! I was trying to do it from a starter. Doing it from the other end worked fine :)

Thanks! And keep up the awesome work!
Peter

Volver

I'm facing a daunting (for me at least) NAM project and I'm posting it here for any tips or insight that the pros might have to offer.

Reconstructing my adopted hometown of Phoenix will involve several major interchange constructions, a few of which (4-level stacks) can't be done correctly with the current NAM. No biggie - I'll can compromise or wait on those. However we have one particular junction not so cut-and-dried. At the Mini-Stack I-10 (eight lanes) takes a relatively sharp 90 degree curve, while spawning one six-lane freeway to the north and a six-lane loop to the east:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Stack

It's not unlike a diamond stack, if a stack traded proper freeway for more ramps. Anyway, would it necessarily translate into the labyrinth of MIS appearances suggest? Unrealistic? If not, any tips on how to proceed?

Thanks!

iamayki

Can anyone pelase help me? I made a pair of rhw4 and now i'm having trouble ending the rhw4. I want to connect it to an avenue or a road but I just can't because there are no puzzle for me to merge my two RHW4. I've spent hours trying to figure it out and honestly i came up with the dumbest idea now. I' just started using NAM yesterday. I really need some help.  &idea

here's my rhw so far

i tried connecting it to an intersection but the pathways are scrambled so i couldn't use it..

here i tried using a transition for rhw4.

Is it possible? or do i have to change my RHW?  ()what() I tried using the RHW6C at first but I was having trouble using an elevated exit ramps why i used two RHW4 instead and now i can't even end the line or at least merge it with other roads/avenues. i have ran out of ideas :'( :'( :'(

APSMS

Firstly, I notice that there's a starter at the end of the ramps there: drag the RHW out at least one tile to get a stub.

Secondly, Puzzle Pieces are on their way out, and in this particular case there has never been a puzzle piece for that situation. Typically the advice is to try everything, not just puzzle pieces. This goes for all networks, but the RHW and NWM in particular. Unless something is explicitly unsupported (like diagonal intersections for the NWM), it's always worth it to try all possibilities.

Finally, the answer: You want to connect an Avenue to the RHW-4, right? Then simply, after creating the stubs in step one, drag an avenue into the RHW. It lines up and transitions perfectly, sans puzzle pieces. You can do similar things with the OWR-3 into 6s, and with road from a 6c network.

Again, experimentation is necessary for learning, and puzzle pieces are usually not where "hidden" features are to be found.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

MandelSoft

Also, you messed up the direction of the RHW. The yellow line should point INWARDS, not outwards. If you want it to properly point outwards, you need to install the Irish/South African RHW textures from the NAM installer.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

APSMS

Um, I noticed that, too, but since the paths are correct, wouldn't that imply that he either has it installed (and JPEG compression makes it look American in reverse) or that it's just installed correctly and not an issue?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just noticed he's in LHD.

iamayki

thank you all for the response. I'm using LHD because that's what we use here in our country. I tried dragging an avenue to connect it to my RHW but it's not working. It only shows red mark which means that it cannot be done. I really tried everything that I know of. I still can't seem to solve it.  ()what()

Edited:

I somehow able to drag the avenue to the RHW ends. I'll try to experiment with it again hopefully i can come up with something.

Thank you for all the responsess  :)

esirvys

apologies for probably a dumb question but just started using rhw and struggling though it.

where are the ramp pieces to get an exit/entry to mis off of a section of FARHW ? There is a menu section called FA ramps where id expect pieces for this, but all the pieces dont seem to be angled so I can put them on top of my section of farhw 6C.

what am i missing ?

thanks

jdenm8

There's no such thing as a dumb question, especially when it comes to things like this.

Some FARHW exits had been made (With Orthogonal and Diagonal MIS ramps) but they are not in the public release.

You're not missing anything, because they're not there to begin with.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

APSMS

To clarify further, the FARHW Ramps button is for ramps that are FA, and aren't for ramps off of FARHW, like a FAMIS to an ortho RHW-6S.

Nice to know some true FARHW ramps are being considered for the future!

esirvys

thanks for the responses guys, nice to know, was convinced i was just doing it wrong !

dostillevi

I'm having trouble with SPUIs.

Here I am following the guide:

When I drag 6s RHW through the SPUI, parts of the SPUI disappear.

I've tried an awful lot of stuff to get the parts to stay without any luck. I have a similar problem building an SPUI under RHW4 L2. When the RHW4 L2 is dragged over the SPUI as in the guide, parts of the SPUI revert to avenue. Any ideas?

jdenm8

There was a massive code rebuild for the RHW in NAM31. A major problem was that we could not update all of the content available. What we could update, we did, but some things like FlexFly and FlexSPUI weren't, and are unstable as a result. Try using different distances between the SPUI puzzle pieces and the through RHW. I think a One-Tile gap is the most stable configuration.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

dostillevi

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try alternate configurations.

compdude787

If you have height transitions right next to an RHW-6S without leaving a one-tile gap, it looks really weird because the concrete barrier of the height transition appears to be protruding into the far-right lane of the RHW-6S. (this is because part of the right lane and the shoulder of the RHW-6S overhang into the adjacent tile) So basically, it would look better anyway if you left a 1-tile gap between the onramps and offramps and the freeway.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

skinnykenny6066

hello everyone I am new to RHW and interchanges and i need some help...I am trying to do an elevated diamond but everytime I try to connect the MIS ramps to the interchange on the overpass the ramps turn in the wrong direction and it wont let me place them..i am using a completely flat surface...any suggestions?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: skinnykenny6066 on February 15, 2015, 05:05:23 PM
hello everyone I am new to RHW and interchanges and i need some help...I am trying to do an elevated diamond but everytime I try to connect the MIS ramps to the interchange on the overpass the ramps turn in the wrong direction and it wont let me place them..i am using a completely flat surface...any suggestions?

Clear the area, place the ramps first, and then come back and connect everything else.