• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SIM CITY 5 WHO NEEDS IT!!

Started by MattyFo, January 23, 2010, 09:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyFo

I've heard some talk from people wondering if there will ever be a Sim City 5.  I am aware that Societies is technically SC5....but come on, I'm talking about a REAL Sim City 5, but really.... we don't need one.  I fear that if they did come out with a SC5 it would destroy this SC4 community that I have grown to truly appreciate.  If EA did want an SC5, they could simply cut a deal with all the modders.  Give us the source code and we will be able to make anything possible.  It really will be a game made for the fans, made by the fans.  I'm sure EA will have to profit from this some how, turning SC4D and ST into more of, how should I put this....the iTunes of the gaming industry? Charging us for certain uploads, as long as it's priced fairly I wouldn't mind.  I'd pay to be able to drive from one city into the next, to create a multitude of diffrent budget options, elections, you name it and it can likely be done.  Anyways that was just something I thought about today, and thought I'd get it off my chest and share it with the community, after all, that is why we are here. 

Please let us know how you feel, do you agree with me?  Or do you think it would be nice for a fresh start, a new challenge? Do you have ideas for something you always wanted to do in the game but require the source code?

To get the creative juices flowing....

I have always wanted to be able to put "myself" at ground level and be able to look around.  Even if I can't move around, I'd Love to be able take a screenshot of my skyline from atop a mountain just west of downtown.  Or, be placed at street level and look up at my colossal skyscrapers tower above me :)

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.