• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etherian

I would like to challenge with this.

etherian

vs.

Ennedi

Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

Chrisadams3997

It's a very good picture Etherian, but in this case I like the atmosphere and exact placement in Ennedi's pic.

Ennedi-1
Etherian-0

thundercrack83

I'll go with etherian in this round--I love that interchagne, and the flora between the ramps looks wonderful!

1-1, tie.

vester

My vote goes to Ennedi

2-1 in Ennedi's favour

CasperVg

I'm going for Etherian;

2 - 2 > TIE
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Earth quake

etherian

vs.

Ennedi

Etherian: impressive interchanger,I like,and the details, excellent work.
Ennedi:Great picture, I love this small city, but i didn't like the sweden home by simgoober with Mbear BAT, I prefer Etherian pic.

Etherian-3
Ennedi-2

Ennedi

Thank you Simpson for a nice round! I think the score don't say much about real viewers' preferences, I suppose most votes were about 48:52 if we would ask for proportions... :)
Thank you feverybody for votes!
It's an interesting experience to show pictures in the Competition, very different from publishing them in MD. Viewers here are very observant and it's a place of a good critique :thumbsup:

Hehe, it seems this Swedish home owner caused many troubles, he not only built a house which doesn't fit in this charming Mediterranean village, but in addition he built this ugly green lamppost to have mor light on his parking :D
(in fact, I made it intentional, it is common in many old cities and villages to see new buildings which not harmonize with their surrounding. I have even worst thing in this village - the BP petrol station  ;D - but unfortunately it is also realistic )

Hello Etherian - that's an original picture, I like it too! I'm glad I can compete against it! :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

threestooges

Etherian's pic is an interesting 'monument to transit networks' if you'll pardon the pun. The MIS, that 45 degree curve at the top (would have been nice to see the FAR a bit, but that's just a personal thing), the road underpass, the SAM, etc. All-in-all it looks pretty good.

Ennedi's pic shows a bit of detail in a small area. I actually like the little Swedish house. I know many neighborhoods around here that have such things (glad to see Master-Planned housing tracts haven't completely taken over out here) and it also reminds me of a story from my property law class (but I'm sure it would be appreciated by people reading this if I didn't venture down that path right now). The only thing I really notice that might be 'off' about it, is the size of the plants in the field on the right. They seem a bit large when compared to elements of nearby buildings. They look fine on their own (and I'm sure someone took their time making them), but they look a bit large nonetheless.

This is a close one for me (and I know that doesn't help much for the person I vote against, but it is close) my vote goes to Ennedi.

Ennedi: 3
etherian: 3

Ennedi

Quote from: threestooges on June 26, 2008, 12:54:55 AM
(...) The only thing I really notice that might be 'off' about it, is the size of the plants in the field on the right. They seem a bit large when compared to elements of nearby buildings. They look fine on their own (and I'm sure someone took their time making them), but they look a bit large nonetheless.
(...)

This is a result of genetic experiments, Matt  :D One time I read in a book about Russian scientist who died because of falling down from the strawberry bush  ;D
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Simpson

Ennedi: Thank you, like all of you pic I love it, you little villge look very good but like my friend EQ say the sweden home by simgoober with Mbear BAT dosen't make very good  :)
Etherian: great pic and your RHW is superb, but I think it's nt really relistic to have a monument near a RHW  ;)

I vote goes to Ennedi

Ennedi - 4
Etherian - 3
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

stewart_garden

First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

bat

I vote for Etherian's picture:

5 - Ennedi
4 - Etherian

paroch

Two very good, very different pics.  For me, Ennedi's village has the edge, so it gets my vote......

Ennedi  6-4  Etherian

flame1396

Oh dear. I'm a fan of urban though so Etherian get's my vote

Ennedi 6 - Etherian 4
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Ennedi

Quote from: flame1396 on June 26, 2008, 08:45:26 AM
Oh dear. I'm a fan of urban though so Etherian get's my vote

Ennedi 6 - Etherian 4

If you voted for Etherian, we have now

Ennedi 6
Etherian 5
New Horizons Productions

ManuelR

And now we have a tie...

6:6

Godzillaman

I'll vote for Etherian, mainly because it's more of my style...:P

Etherian 7
Ennedi 6
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

tcx

Ennedi for me

Etherian - 7
Ennedi - 7

sincitybaby

Etherian - 8
Ennedi - 7

I love the RHW use

flame1396

Quote from: Ennedi on June 26, 2008, 09:11:02 AM
If you voted for Etherian, we have now

Ennedi 6
Etherian 5

Whoops, lol... I had seriously just awakened from not enough sleep.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.