• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Wow!  There hasn't been a full highway interchange made in quite some time, and this new one looks like a wonderful addition!

Good luck andreharv!  It is looking wonderful!

Best,
-Haljackey

art128

this interchange is very great  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dedgren

Wow, andreharv- I was beginning to think I'd never see another new NAM interchange.  You've made my day.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Wonderful, wonderful work, andreharv! I've been praying for just that interchange for such a long time! I can't wait to see more of your work!

Dustin

Sheep49

Andreharv, that interchange is wonderful! I don't have an idea how to solve a problem, though. &mmm I'm new to BATting, so I can't help.

Anyway, from the perspective of an ordinary SC4 player (like me), it's absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to see it in the NAM. ;) ;D

Hope you'll find a way to get rid of that ugly break in the middle of the road. :)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

andreharv

Thanks guys.  My head is getting big from the praises  ()stsfd()

Well, I fixed the problem.  Soon my work will be complete grmwahahahahaha!!!

SimsReporter

......Holy Crap somebody actually did this   ;D, Great Job

I'm almost crying  :'(
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Sheep49

Great job indeed! Can't wait for the release! :D

BTW, I hope that the final version will be compatible with some HW texture mods. ;D
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

nerdly_dood

Oooooh fewer imperfections, nice!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

well I was randomly surfing, (ST infact) and found this pic:

its a MAN curve! (also what about a RHW exit piece like that? :D)

So I went and looked for more

RHW-able?

Next project for andreharv? ;D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

andreharv

Well JoeST, I don't know if you had seen my other model, the lofthouse or roundabout interchange.  It is similar to the last interchange that you mentioned.  From the looks of it, it closest resembles a circle interchange.  I can start on another interchange but the interchange must meet two criteria:  1: It has to be an interchange that doesn't already exist in the game and 2: it must add some kind of functionality to the game.

z

That last interchange is also the type used at the intersections of the Kennedy, Dan Ryan, and Eisenhower expressways in Chicago, among other places.  I think it would be a very useful addition.

thundercrack83

Looking fantastic there, andreharv! As has been said, already--I'm so glad you're taking this project on!

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

JoeST

Anderhav, I was not implying that you should make it ;), and I also agree and understand your criteria. Was just an interesting interchange. :) I didnt particularly want it anyway heh

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dedgren

andreharv- One of these would make you the Interchange God for the foreseeable future.

I-294 and the East-West Tollway west. (IL)

I-88 and IL-56 (IL)

I-65 and I-865 (IN)

US-41 and US-52 (IN)

I can't think of a NAM interchange that I'd want any worse.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Haljackey

andreharv:  Looking great!  Glad you fixed the ramp!   :thumbsup:

David (dedgren): Maybe something like this? 

I remember the NAM Team was working on that years ago, back when it was at ST. 

If you want to see more stuff that is/was in the works, check out my archives page.  Its a fun read.  You can find it here:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4575.0

Best,
-Haljackey

Andreas

Quote from: Haljackey on September 08, 2008, 02:21:40 PM
I remember the NAM Team was working on that years ago, back when it was at ST.

No, they were never working on that - it's only a photoshopped screenshot that someone posted. ;)
Andreas

Haljackey

Quote from: Andreas on September 08, 2008, 02:42:39 PM
No, they were never working on that - it's only a photoshopped screenshot that someone posted. ;)

I stand corrected.  :P

Still, its a neat concept.  If I want to make a junction like that I just join the diagonal highway with a T-interchange or use the OWR-ground highway custom interchanges in the NAM.  It would be much more realistic to have something like this in-game.

sithlrd98

I am constantly amazed at the talent that you all have! Andreharv , that is one sexxxy interchange!