• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

The underground rail is implemented entirely in puzzle pieces.  That, along with the fact that it can't go underwater, means that it has fewer capabilities than FLUPS, even if you were somehow able to get cars onto it.

KrigarN

I'm new here to the forums (, and this is my first post). I would like to make a request for the NAM (, but I'm not sure if this is the right topic). I was very impressed and amazed over the El-Rail facelift mod and I wonder if it's possible to make a similair facelift for the monorail. I don't like it when there is grass under elevated networks running through Downtown. And even more disturbing: when it even isn't any sidewalk texture where the networks cross eachother. Could you please fix this ?
[Insert signature]

buddybud

Well if your talking about my mod i'm working on, first it's not really a nam mod. More like a Nam Cosmetic mod. It really only changes it visually. Also many of the techniques i'm developing are somewhat new so are not fully or even close to being tested. I would expect this to take no less than 3 months to do and thats with alot of time available on my part. It's even quite possible that issues could occur that would force a whole new approach.

In short can it be done....Yes. The real question is can you find people with the know how and time to actually complete it.

As for the sidewalk issue. After 4 long years i have a working beta just put up a couple of days ago. Its a small attachment on page six of my thread. It's a test proof only and has random network props show up in the wrong place, textures don't match and still causes issues with other elrail pieces. I'm confident i can resolve it, but if your curious give it a try. There is hope.

Bud.

Don't ask "WHEN IS THIS......"etc.... or my fragile cranium shall implode from frustration.... :D

shadd0w09

i think thiss sight will be usefull for you NAM gyes http://www.nc3d.com/ click on transportation and broue it itg got lots of pics and image's that you might ues for ideas

j-dub

That is really creepy how lifelike, realistically detailed those animations all are. Looks like it took awhile. Keep in mind this game has limitations to its shape of road surfaces, great reference, and also there is stuff in those flybys that have been already done.

Pat

Nice link there indeed and about what has been done IE HSR lol.... Now that is just creepy!!! I agree with you JD!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

andreharv

Wow those pictures look great.  Great for Cities XL that is! &idea...Also, I am still working on those interchanges if anyone was wondering.

dedgren

Wondering?

Wondering???

My friend, we were getting ready to send out the bloodhounds.

Great to have you confirm that.  We'll be watching...intently...for more.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

shadd0w09, thanks for that link.  Funny thing is, I recognize a few of those images under their Transportation Demo Reel--probably because the company is based in Oregon, and I actually witnessed a couple of those projects being built (#20 and #21 in particular).

And back on-topic, andreharv, that's fantastic news!  I can't wait to see what you come up with. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

thundercrack83

Quote from: andreharv on January 09, 2009, 07:23:41 PM
Wow those pictures look great.  Great for Cities XL that is! &idea...Also, I am still working on those interchanges if anyone was wondering.

Best news I've heard all day!

Can't wait to see what you've come up with, andreharv!

Dustin

Meastro444

Quote from: andreharv on January 09, 2009, 07:23:41 PM
What interchanges? Anyway, anything with "I'm working on it" and "Interchanges" in one sentence can't be anything but good news!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

blackedemon

Considering powerlines are technically a network, is it possible to add paths to them at all?

This is a question coming from someone with no experience in modding what-so-ever, so please bear with me. :)

Nique

Hi,

Is it possible to split the RHW2 and the RHW4(and further) in the menu? So puzzle pieces for RHW2 roads will be separated from 'highway' roads. I want to extend and beautify the RHW2 roads (see this topic). As i'm making progress this idea plopped up in my head. This will give an very organized look & feeling.
Proudly developer of

pilotdaryl

Just an idea... GLR-in-avenue and EL-rail-over-road and GLR-in-road have been created, why not do an el-rail over avenue?  Maybe, complete with transitions to its other counterparts...

JoeST

it was started by someone (was it mightygoose?), but never got very far, as he went AWOL soon after and no attempt has been made to resurect it.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

deathtopumpkins

Well for the record, if it were mightygoose, he's back, on ST at least. I remember seeing it too, though I can't remember who started it either.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

JoeST

It would be nice to see/hear the goose again, his podcast was awesome and his mod looked interesting
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nique

Are there any plans for diagonal bridges?

Proudly developer of

sim-al2

That's a mess of paths there. ::) I can't actually figure out what you were doing. Did you just drag across?
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Nique

Quote from: sim-al2 on January 30, 2009, 04:59:50 PM
That's a mess of paths there. ::) I can't actually figure out what you were doing. Did you just drag across?

Yup, diagonal
Proudly developer of