• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Yeah,I thought that looked odd! I believe he meant BuddyBud.

Jayson

j-dub

Do'h!  Whoops, yeah my by bad, I meant BuddyBud was doing a texture replacement for the El. Thats what I get for staying up to 1 in the morning.

vershner

I updated the NAM 2x2 roundabout textures so that they will now work with sidewalk mods. Basically I just made a proper alpha for them. I uploaded the fix to the Stex [Link]. Feel free to include this in the next NAM if you like.

KoV Liberty

They look great in my city! Thanks!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tarkus

More progress on the Elevated Road/OWR/Avenue model facelift, using Jan (Swamper77)'s models with some modifications:

Yes, I know I need to remove the streetlight T21 out of the middle there. :D

-Alex

JoeST

that is awesome Tarkus...now is it going to be draggable? LOL
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SC4BOY

Do you know if there is a puzzle piece for RAIL over AVENUE with GLR? This piece may not be possible? This is for the old fashioned "underpass" method made with sunken Ave + rail pieces. Rail seems to go over/under most everything except the GLR items (with the exception of straight rail over GLR (the narrow "rural" GLR)

io_bg

Wow! These pieces are great! &apls
Quote from: SC4BOY on August 16, 2009, 03:48:34 AM
Do you know if there is a puzzle piece for RAIL over AVENUE with GLR?
There's already one in the GLR on Avenue menu ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

simmaster07

Instead of a lot/BAT, I made a script for installing the Network Addon Mod on a Macintosh.
ST thread
STEX
MediaFire

It is a terminal script and should be run from the terminal. I don't own a Mac, but since Macs and Linux both support bash scripting, it was tested on Fedora 11. No, GUI support is not expected any time in the future (unless you download Zenity and DarwinPorts, but I won't do that to you unless you really want me to). Download the NAM for Mac archive and put it in the same folder as the installer.

Open up a terminal and run these commands:

cd ~/Downloads [assuming it's in your Downloads folder]
chmod 777 NAM-Install
./NAM-Install

Feel free to redistribute it as long as credit is given (CC-BY-NC-SA). The last found error is stored in the install.log files scattered in each folder the installer works in for some odd reason.

sithlrd98

Love the new look of the overpass! That looks much more appealing.

Jayson

Dexter

I really like the overpass, and it matches the ones in the RHW, which has to be a good thing :). Are these going to replace the overpass puzzle-pieces, or be draggable like the ones in the RHW mod.

I prefer the puzzle-piece method myself, as the problem with the draggable ones is that they require a 1 tile gap between the on-slope piece and the ground network, which the puzzle piece based ones do not. Is this something that can't be fixed, or is it already on the cards  ;)?

I seem to remember that the current overpass pieces were made by Redlotus around 5 years ago, and were supposed to be temporary until better ones were made. What happened to Redlotus and The7Trumpets anyway? They used to be very involved with the NAM a few years back.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

kassarc16

Quote from: Tarkus on August 16, 2009, 12:40:56 AM
More progress on the Elevated Road/OWR/Avenue model facelift, using Jan (Swamper77)'s models with some modifications

Two words: Awe Some! Holding my breath for more!  &apls

Tarkus

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Quote from: Dexter on August 16, 2009, 02:23:44 PM
Are these going to replace the overpass puzzle-pieces, or be draggable like the ones in the RHW mod.

Right now, I'm just replacing the existing puzzle piece models with new ones.  I did work up a crude prototype for a draggable Elevated Road setup awhile back, and probably down the road, both systems will exist.

the problem with the draggable ones is that they require a 1 tile gap between the on-slope piece and the ground network, which the puzzle piece based ones do not. Is this something that can't be fixed, or is it already on the cards  ;)?

All I can say on that front is that it's being looked into.

I seem to remember that the current overpass pieces were made by Redlotus around 5 years ago, and were supposed to be temporary until better ones were made. What happened to Redlotus and The7Trumpets anyway? They used to be very involved with the NAM a few years back.

redlotus and the7trumpets seem to have more or less vanished.  the7trumpets was kind of still around when I first showed up in the community, in early 2006, but hasn't been heard from since.  redlotus' well-known Yahoo Briefcase, containing the old Interchange Tutorial, has also gone missing as of late.  I know Tropod was involved in making those models as well.  He's relatively inactive these days, but I've bumped into him in ST Chat a few times in the past couple months.

-Alex

allan_kuan1992

actually... Alex, you could just put a small concrete base around that streetlight... and maybe a single row of concrete barrier in the middle too.

- Allan Kuan

carkid1998

There are diagonal-orthogonal transitions for these models, aren't there? So does that mean... 45 degree curves!
Sendona... Coming soon!

joelyboy911

On the topic of the elevated roads - personally, I prefer the model with the round pillar - any chance this could be left as an option?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

smoncrie

I had forgotten that Alex (Tarkus) had said that he was going to work on some of the old elevated puzzle piece models, and I started to work on my own version.   When I saw his pictures, I decided to finish mine.  They still do need a few finishing touches, but here they are:

KoV Liberty

:o I LOVE THOSE!!!! When your finished can you send them to me?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

sithlrd98

We really need a drool smiley! Those are amazing! I like both Jans props and yours, but I think yours are better suited for commercial areas where as Jans would fit a more rural/highway type of usage.I think it would be great if somehow both could be used , but I am sure that would prove to be a pain to implement.

Jayson

SC4BOY

Quote from: io_bg on August 16, 2009, 04:01:31 AM
Wow! These pieces are great! &aplsThere's already one in the GLR on Avenue menu ;)

Hmm.. well it was a bit of a pain to get it to work.. I assume you mean the one labeled "GLR under VIADUCT"? I did make the underpass and it worked ok.. thanks.. :)

I've moved a message to here.. I think I put it on the wrong forum.. sorry.. anyway here it is:

I would like to request one added puzzle piece for tram-in-avenue. This piece is rather awkward to program around without it. That is the simple case of the AVENUE taking a turn (right or left, right angled) while the GLR continues straight. I realize that it CAN be done by using a "crossing" piece T or X intersection, then going from that, but it looks pretty bad that way and introduces an intersection where one should not be needed... I know this is a rather minor detail, but I thought I'd bring it up.. I hope this is an ok place to post this.. if not feel free to move it.. Thanks. The "GLR on ROAD" has these pieces, but not the Avenue (unless I've missed it again )

Here's the idea: