• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

That doesn't look safe...there'd have to be a VERY sharp s-curve in the middle of the turn for the GLR to be sitting on one tile. Wouldn't it work just as well to have the GLR split from the curve before the curve?

tamorr

I don't think it would be sharp if it were created like a diagonal transition Shifting slightly that way then lining up. Then again I am not that keen on dinamics, but at least it would look nice in game done that way. :)

So in a way it would start to separate from the avenue before the turn. It is an idea to go about it, but I am not sure if it can be programed to do something like that, pathing-wise. Don't know much about the subject personally. Just a thought, but an interesting idea for an addition.
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

j-dub

Quote from: dragonshardzthere'd have to be a VERY sharp s-curve in the middle of the turn for the GLR to be sitting on one tile.

@SC4BOY:
Not that this is real, this is not a real piece, but just the fact that there is the amount of room to do it in the SC4 world, the tracks could be straight on the curve, but to go all directions, the switch would have to be in the middle of the road, and signals would be needed, then the rails would have to cross curved over the asphalt. See attachment below

DJPTiger

Good day,

I'm from the German form www.simforum.de .

I also had some time ago "Chrisim" these textures as PNG files are available:

I hope you like the textures.

Greeting DJPTiger

Google-English

metarvo

Those are very good.  I especially like the FAR-GLR crossing.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

SC4BOY

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 19, 2009, 08:37:53 PM
That doesn't look safe...there'd have to be a VERY sharp s-curve in the middle of the turn for the GLR to be sitting on one tile. Wouldn't it work just as well to have the GLR split from the curve before the curve?

No less safe than any of the other dozen or so "intersections" .. recall that the El-RAIL (GLR) and the avenue traffic don't really intersect at all. ;) To split it out before the intersection certainly works (and is one of the ways I "solved" the issue) But of course it blocks all C,R,I access in that stretch, plus it either takes significant space or involves considerable demolition of buildings in the area .. and after all one of the STRONG motivations of GLR at all is space-conserving construction.

Quote from: j-dub on August 19, 2009, 10:09:48 PM
@SC4BOY:
Not that this is real, this is not a real piece, but just the fact that there is the amount of room to do it in the SC4 world, the tracks could be straight on the curve, but to go all directions, the switch would have to be in the middle of the road, and signals would be needed, then the rails would have to cross curved over the asphalt. See attachment below

hehe.. well while the statement is true, it wasn't a problem on the other 15 or 20 GLR on AVE puzzle pieces.. I mean its easy to get tied up in details that are only visible from the closest views.. I mean the very GLR in AVE is "wrong" because the cars and the GLR (which really is elevated rail, remember? :) ) don't interact at all..

Quote from: DJPTiger on August 20, 2009, 06:27:51 AM
Good day,

I'm from the German form www.simforum.de .

I also had some time ago "Chrisim" these textures as PNG files are available:

That's perfect IMO.. those aren't available pieces on the released NAM items that I have available.. thanks for the pics. That illustrates just what I was talking about.. in fact I don't even care if all 4 aren't available .. any one would be workable to me

citymax

SimNation

I have  a question that may or may not have been asked by some after STR first came out. Are plans for Single Track GLR in the works for the NAM in the future? I was looking at some interesting pictures of some Grass GLR lines in Europe and saw some wonder single track GLR lines that ran through woodsey areas that looked almost like parks. So I thought about how wonderful it would look if we were able to recreate that look via Single Track GLR.

Moved over to NAM: Development, as this is more related to new features than tech support. -Alex/Tarkus, Admin

Tarkus

SimNation, to answer your question, at the moment, there are no plans for a Single-Track GLR, though we've had a few people request it recently.  The main issue is textures.  The existing GLR RULs could be ported over without much difficulty, and the paths could be borrowed from STR with only slight modification, so if someone were to supply textures, it would be a relatively feasible undertaking.

-Alex

WC_EEND

sorry if this is a dumb question, but couldn't you just use the existing GLR textures and cut away one track? (ofcourse additional textures need to be made, but I mean as a basis)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Tarkus

Quote from: WC_EEND on December 26, 2009, 03:09:19 PM
sorry if this is a dumb question, but couldn't you just use the existing GLR textures and cut away one track? (ofcourse additional textures need to be made, but I mean as a basis)

You could sort of get away with that on the orthogonal end, but diagonals, curves, junctions and intersections would require a fair amount of work.

-Alex

ophiuchus14

I dunno if this question has been asked before but is anyone able to develop raised road lots for curved roads, one way roads and avenues (i.e. orthogonal to diagonal or FAR))
I am the ANDYMAN

Ryan B.

To answer your question, JBSimio has been working on what's called "FAB", short for "Fractional Angle Buildings".

Any questions should be directed his way.

doctor25

plz visit my new project
i made a new road layout
i need help to finish it

tnx :)

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9966.msg302888#msg302888

ebina

First prototypes of Asymmetrical Dual Networking Avenue, U-RailxAvenue and ElRailxAvenue.

Some people would prefer symmetrical versions but I wanted to have asymmetrical version which allows two kinds of trains to run on the same width.

Monorail Master

Thank God that EL above Ave is a prototype. I spy with my eyes a traffic light problem with the ped-crossing! Why not placing 2 single pole traffic lights on both sides of the side the El-Track is above?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Battlecat

??? :o  &apls

Congratulations on this achievement, it adds an amazing new layer of possibility to the game.  I really like the idea of this asymmetrical network!

ebina

@Monorail Master and Battlecat: Thank you.

Quote from: Monorail Master on January 22, 2010, 03:11:18 PM
I spy with my eyes a traffic light problem with the ped-crossing! Why not placing 2 single pole traffic lights on both sides of the side the El-Track is above?

I simply imported the prop layout from Swamper's lot. I'll take your suggestion into account next time I edit the T21.

Ryan B.

Quote from: ebina on January 22, 2010, 10:39:26 PM
@Monorail Master and Battlecat: Thank you.

I simply imported the prop layout from Swamper's lot. I'll take your suggestion into account next time I edit the T21.

Ebina, if you'd like, I can send you my HAWK (High Awareness Crosswalk) model to use there.

ebina

Quote from: Ryan B. on January 23, 2010, 08:35:41 AM
Ebina, if you'd like, I can send you my HAWK (High Awareness Crosswalk) model to use there.

Thank you for your offer. Since stoplights won't be animated on railway based networks I was going to remove them. Your sign will be very nice replacement.

May I request some additional models?
- LHD version. Not every LHD user likes to install pillars onto medians (using rotated RHD prop), I guess.
- Signs without pillar that can be attached to bottom of el-rail floor.
If you need to see the height of el-rail floor please take a look at S3D of IID 0x5326380x or 0x532CF70x in the NetworkAddonMod_Light_URail_Puzzle_Plugin.dat. ElRailxAvenue piece uses the same model but different roadway texture.

By the way, when I'll edit T21 where should I install the signs? Right above the pedestrian crossing, or a few meters before?