• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meister1235

hi,

i think this is the best place to make an idea public:
i have a small theory about the path files and the tunnels at SC4.  &idea
i think the lots give the path files only a offset where to place the paths files.
eg: if a lot is at location 100/ 50 than the path file start at the offset 100/50/(height of the terrain where the lot(puzzle piece is placed).
But at the tunnels it make a direct path connection between the tunnel entrances and this explain why the RHW tunnels don't work.
this explain also why the cars appear in UDI when a deeper location is between the entrance from the tunnel.

meister

EDIT: i want to show a picture to show what i mean:

Tarkus

The reason the RHW tunnel paths are not showing up is not because they aren't there--it's because there isn't a proper exemplar to refer to the tunnel for that network (which is also why no model appears).  Adding an exemplar at the proper Network Specific Group ID (NSGID), 0x6BE08658, at the same IID as the Road tunnel (0x0AD00000) causes it to appear and like the other tunnels that do work, the paths will show up "stretched out".  I've attached the appropriate exemplar below so you can see for yourself.

However, even with the paths and the proper model in place and everything looking like it should actually work, the game is unable to recognize it as a viable path for traffic, and as such, it will go completely unused.  UDI vehicles can go through it, but actual traffic cannot, unfortunately.  I've experimented with it off-and-on for the past 2-3 years to no avail, as have several other NAMites--everything seems to point to the .exe controlling the viability of the tunnel.

-Alex

hhf_05

Quote from: ebina on January 22, 2010, 04:24:07 AM
First prototypes of Asymmetrical Dual Networking Avenue, U-RailxAvenue and ElRailxAvenue.

Some people would prefer symmetrical versions but I wanted to have asymmetrical version which allows two kinds of trains to run on the same width.
Just wanna ask how is this project going? I am very interested in it lol

ebina

Quote from: hhf_05 on September 14, 2010, 12:13:47 AM
Just wanna ask how is this project going? I am very interested in it lol

ADNA pieces will be very very delayed. I was focusing on basic interface pieces for Underground Rail than ADNA recently. And this.

URail x Elevated highway pieces, added into URail x Maxis Roadways button. I disabled the backface culling option to take the screenshots. URail base texture is replaced with Jeronij's high wealth sidewalk.

Interface pieces for DTR, DTR viaduct, STR, ELR, High ELR, Monorail, High Monorail, GHSR and HSR. Can be selected from a new URail x Railways button.

Interface pieces for urban GLR, rural GLR, Tram-on-Street and Tram-in-Avenue. These are separated from railways button and added into URail x Tramways button.

Ciuu96

Quote from: ebina on September 14, 2010, 02:49:17 AM
And this.

Oh my god, are my eyes lying?? That is so awesome!

I also like the Underground Rail, it is very useful in many places as it can act as a subway, shame that it hasn't got many stations around. ADNA also looks very nice!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

z

Quote from: Ciuu96 on September 14, 2010, 05:16:21 AM
Oh my god, are my eyes lying?? That is so awesome!

Yes, Ebina san has been very busy.  ;D  And that's not even all the pieces.  $%Grinno$%  There are a few more that have been added since those pictures were made.

QuoteI also like the Underground Rail, it is very useful in many places as it can act as a subway, shame that it hasn't got many stations around.

I agree, which is why the next release of RTMT, currently in beta testing and due out this fall, will have more than 50 new stations that support Underground Rail intersections.  The release after that will have a few dozen more stations for Underground Rail; these will be inline stations for the network itself.

jmyers2043

Hello NAM experts ...

Who knows the exact width of the Maxis Highway road surface? And what is the width of the road barriers? I can probably figure it out but am hoping that someone has that information and I'll be saved some trial and error time.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

jmyers2043- That highway look good, I hope to see them soon to replace the maxis highways. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

MandelSoft

Quote from: jmyers2043 on October 02, 2010, 11:58:17 AM
Hello NAM experts ...

Who knows the exact width of the Maxis Highway road surface? And what is the width of the road barriers? I can probably figure it out but am hoping that someone has that information and I'll be saved some trial and error time.

Thanks in advance.

To answer your question:
Barrier width: 0.7m
Barrier height: 2.8m
Surface width: 9,7m (3,23m per lane)
Surface height: 0.783m

Your Maxis Freeway model is looking very good  :thumbsup:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Opkl

Quote from: jmyers2043 on October 02, 2010, 11:58:17 AM
Hello NAM experts ...

Thanks in advance.

Very nice! Will it be used for a MOD?

jdenm8

Well, I'd use that very real looking viaduct. My only concern is the drop in the number of bridges it would cause. But, that comes with using a realistic thing like that.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

hhf_05

Quote from: ebina on September 14, 2010, 02:49:17 AM
ADNA pieces will be very very delayed. I was focusing on basic interface pieces for Underground Rail than ADNA recently. And this.

you are so cool! Great work!

jmyers2043

Hey Maarten

Thank you for the information. Let's see if I understand correctly. The maxis highway has three lanes. Each lane is 3.23 meters. So (3.23)(6) = 19.38 meters wide.

Adding in the two outside barrier walls is 19.38 + .7 + .7 = 20.78 total width of the outside dimensions of this highway bridge segment.

My question is ... Why is road thickenss important? Is that the TOTAL dimension from top to bottom e.g. tip top of the barrier to the underside of the road?

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MandelSoft

Well, the road thickness is the distance between the ground and the road surface. The surface of the Maxis Freeways are "floating" above the ground, 0.783m to be exact. Some Maxis Freeway Bridges don't connect that well, because they forgot the 0.783m road thickness of the Maxis Freeways. The dimensions of the barriers are also measured from the ground.

And by the way, don't you forget to add the dimensions of the inner barriers? (.7m x 2) Just mentioning it ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

The Elevated Road/OWR/Avenue model revamp has been going well . . . and along the way, I've added a piece or two--including a proper Orthogonal-to-Diagonal transition for the Elevated Avenue.  (The Road has one as of NAM Version 28 last year, which has been revamped to match the new models . . . the OWR will be getting one in short order.)

-Alex

Opkl

Quote from: Tarkus on October 28, 2010, 02:07:23 PM
The Elevated Road/OWR/Avenue model revamp has been going well . . . and along the way, I've added a piece or two--including a proper Orthogonal-to-Diagonal transition for the Elevated Avenue.  (The Road has one as of NAM Version 28 last year, which has been revamped to match the new models . . . the OWR will be getting one in short order.)

-Alex

Nice work. ;D

mightygoose

still waiting for 7.5m elevated networks XDXDXD
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kassarc16

Quote from: Tarkus on October 28, 2010, 02:07:23 PM
-Alex

Great as always, Alex! Can't wait to see what the next round of NAM updates bring!

mightygoose

in addition (post copied from interchange guide)

well i wanted to have ago at a diverging windmill and a diverging stack ( you don't list this but its incredible, it only requires two bridges (opposing carriageways of one of the highways) (four if you grade separate the weave) but i didnt realise that there was not a carriageway weave that doesnt have those ramps attached.

however since they are i managed to build a diverging cloverleaf..... can you tell me whats wrong with this picture :D

anyway more experimentation later.

so pieces i now wish to request.

an avenue at grade lane weave (no ramps)
an RHW4 grade separated lane weave (one elevated)(no ramps)
OWR wide radius curves.... (to be honest i am sure they are in there i just couldnt find them.)
a RHW4/RHW2 SPUI

done.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

j-dub

You should of used RHW-4 instead of OWR, because it don't look pathed right, but that's just me.