• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

With the 'i-word' -imminent, release of NAM 30, RHW 5,0. NWM 2.0 on the horizon...  %confuso  I have a wondering to share concerning "NAM-Day"... Will it be "NAM Day" on the soft release of these versions or will the Official NAM-Day be a later date after the soft-release  ()what() its just a wondering, I recon that you guys got it all figured out... ;)

z

There's never a "soft release" planned for the NAM; there's a single release, at which point the new NAM has been thoroughly tested and the NAM Team thinks it's quite solid.  Occasionally, in the general release a problem or two may turn up that did not show up in earlier testing.  In this case, a patched release may be issued.  But these cases are not very common, and the NAM is never released containing bugs that we know will need to be fixed shortly thereafter.

Jack_wilds

Quote from: z on September 09, 2011, 06:17:47 PM
There's never a "soft release" planned for the NAM; there's a single release,

Pardon me "Z", as I used the term incorrectly then... my meaning was concerning "NAM Day" as in a certain day "set aside" to 'celebrate' the new 2011 NAM releases... as in -officially speaking, 'nam day' would be the day of release or would there be a time period [the time period I was calling a 'soft release'], between release and the official day to be recognized as the official "NAM-Day"... that is all, it was never my intent to accuse NAM of releasing anything less than thoroughly tested and solid to go... sorry about using the term incorrectly...

j-dub

Jack i get what u meant. But in order to be loud requires a megaphone and making your ears ring. Its not like we can scream in a forum. Thus the softening of texting. As always NAM core NWM and RHW will be done when its done a piece each for free and as individual DLC.

MandelSoft

People often ask me the question: "Where did you get your GLR catenaries?"  Well, I have developed them my own and now I release a testing version of what I've got now (see attachment). It contains T21'd catenaries for the following pieces:

- Draggable GLR straight sections (orthogonal and diagonal)
- Draggable GLR curves (90 degree and 45 degree)
- Draggable GLR intersections (OxO X-ing and T-intersection)
- T-RAM straight sections (Orthogonal Only, Regular and Grass)
- Tram-In-Avenue straight sections (Orthogonal Only, Regular and Grass)
- GLR Loop pieces.

Note that this is only a test version. Most pieces are not T21'd.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

marsh

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 17, 2011, 11:25:31 AM
People often ask me the question: "Where did you get your GLR catenaries?"  Well, I have developed them my own and now I release a testing version of what I've got now (see attachment). It contains T21'd catenaries for the following pieces:

Lol. I tried to make this a small while ago but gave up. :P Thank you so much. :)

cityracer

The Nam Intersections are nice alternatives to the cloverleaf, however they are not the most space efficient. I was on youtube and found an awesome, space saving, Urban Intersection. It's called the Pinavia 70. There is also just the Pinavia. Watch both videos at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDmE4qoCns&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mEuxZnvAA&feature=related.. Also go to the website pinavia.com So, Nam Team, what do you think.

jdenm8

We've seen the Pinavia videos before and people have made RHW versions of it.

Now, I think you're asking for a Maxis Highway version. That won't happen due to the amount of time needed to create one, it just isn't worth the effort.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

art128

What about.... awesome ?  Was about time to replace these 45°-like overpass!  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

exi123

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Will12

What in the world?
Wow SA that's amazing. Never liked those steep slopes and in the RHW forum there was talk of even the ramps to elevated RHW too steep so that really good

Paul 999

Wow that smooth ramp! I don't use the current ramps because i don't find it realistic. That new one look so cool i saw deferential use them  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Awesome! Can we expect the same for rail, too? The current rail -> el (heavy) rail transition is way too steep.
It would also be nice if there were smoother wide road curves :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

FrankU

Hi, this is a beautiful ramp.  &apls

I have just one comment: I think the first three tiles on both sides should not look like a bridge in the air, but like a massive concrete block or a grass ramp. This is maybe just because of my Dutch background, but a bridge is more expensive than a ramp, so when the elevation is not yet much it's cheaper to do it by an earth ramp or a massive block.

rooker1

That is absolutely awesome.  I have wanted something like that for a long time....much more realistic. 
I must agree with FrankU, it would be nice if several of the tile under the over pass had a concrete base, maybe all except for the center three tiles.

My two cents,
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Very nice!  &apls

Those super-steep transitions have always driven me crazy! Ultimately L1, 7.5m roads would be more realistic though.

Shadow Assassin

And with that, time to call it a night.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Will12

Awwwwww
Please just one more hour! /wrrd%&
Lol :D  $%Grinno$%
Anyway that lookes AWESOME!!!
Gotta get round to doin those FAR pieces eh? ;)
Edit
Welcome to page 55