• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

I haven't. It's complicated by the NWM mod, so I'll see if I can tackle it while that part of the NAM is overhauled sometime in the future. It's certainly planned.

Cheers
Willy

Paul 999

Maarten that turborotonde is just asom!

Thanks for this dutch addition at the game!

FrankU

Hi Maarten and all others,

Maybe a bit late to add my comment here, but yesterday afternoon I checked some turbo roundabouts and they looked exactly like Maarten has made for us.
They do not show up in Googel maps yet (too new), so I cannot give an image.

Only one picky remark maybe: the pavement in the inner circle looks like sidewalks and that is not accurate. I guess in most cases there is some kind of pavement that is different and that is a bit bumpy in order to discourage drivers to use this pavement. The pavement is still there in order to give long trucks the opportunity to take the roundabout without damaging the greenery.

Again:  &apls

io_bg

Quote from: MandelSoft on April 02, 2013, 08:29:07 AM
@io_bg: No, this is not a misunderstanding. I've stated the reason for this already in my elaborate post above:

Quote from: MandelSoft on April 02, 2013, 01:20:08 AM
- The first designs had more gradual lane entrances, like the one Tarkus showed. The problem of those was that some people driving on the roundabout thought their  lane continued on the left instead of the right. Therefore, new designs have a more right angle, so you can clearly see a discontinuity of a starting lane.
Well, okay then. I guess it's just me liking smoothness everywhere in SC4 $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

gn_leugim

Quote from: Swordmaster on April 02, 2013, 12:14:17 PM
I haven't. It's complicated by the NWM mod, so I'll see if I can tackle it while that part of the NAM is overhauled sometime in the future. It's certainly planned.

Cheers
Willy

I'll be looking forward for  it :)

gn_leugim

question: are the street S curves available in nam 31.1 and if yes, how do you lay them?

Swordmaster

I tried to edit the readme file but ran out of time before we went live. So the picture is in the folder, but not in the readme. It's in Documentation -> images -> street s-curve_footprint.jpg.

Cheers
Willy

Indiana Joe

We can't build intersections with the curves in this version, can we?  I remember seeing a teaser pic recently.

Swordmaster

Why don't you try it? ;)

I'm not much of a teasing person; I only show stuff that has been added ;)  So yes, you can. Apologies for lack of documentation again. I haven't had access to Maarten's stuff to add anything.

Cheers
Willy

Indiana Joe

I can't try it because Alex locked it.  Only a handful of people have it right now.  (If someone maybe wants to send me the current, slightly bugged version, that would be great.  PM me)

gn_leugim

ahhhh I missed that combo. I tried so many I was like "maybe not this time, it's for the next release" XD

thanks for your info and work :D

Tarkus

So yeah, this happened. 

Took a bit of finagling and trickery (with some input from my good friend and colleague memo), but it looks like draggable viaducts with FLEX-OST are a go.  And before the Pylon Police show up to cite me, we're still a long way from T21s.

-Alex

Kuewr665

That's great. Can an intersection on the single road tile before the transition be made? Just wondering.

Gugu3

gn_leugim

all draggable? great job ;D

spot

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 29, 2013, 05:40:03 AM
It also looks like it's 7.5m high.   &hlp
Is 7.5m road/avenue overpasses for RHW going to be available any time soon?

Tarkus

Quote from: spot on August 06, 2013, 12:56:29 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on July 29, 2013, 05:40:03 AM
It also looks like it's 7.5m high.   &hlp
Is 7.5m road/avenue overpasses for RHW going to be available any time soon?

It is indeed 7.5m high, and yes, it means 7.5m content will have a lot more options in terms of crossing.  All this new stuff will be added in draggable form.  There will be no new puzzle pieces, aside from FLEX pieces to start the drag.

For those of you thinking "oh, but FLEXTrans pieces like to deconvert, and we're going to need fillers", you're not going to need fillers.  The FLEXTrans pieces were still in a bit of an unstable state for the NAM 31.x releases, but that was mostly just so there was at least some method to transition between all the different RHW heights on our deadline-crunched release.  There's been improvements, and there will continue to be improvements, so it doesn't make much sense to make the (literally) hundreds of pieces that would be required.  Additionally, fewer overrides are involved with Road, AVE and OWR FLEXTrans, being base networks (see the relative stability of RHW-2 FLEXTrans vs. those of other RHW networks), so there's less work involved.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

I'd like to see Road FlexRamps and the MIS-Road transitions I mentioned earlier sometime soon. Just sayin'.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

gn_leugim

such good news Tarkus! great work all of you! :)  :thumbsup: