• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

For making paths download Daeley's Path Creator on the LEX and get the interchange tutorial, link somewhere on Simtropolis for making True3D models(puzzle pieces, interchanges, nework) and a guide on path files

Looks brilliant ArkenbergeJoe

Pat

wow what stunning projects are underway here.... i love that viaducts and the glr texture is looking real nice and congrats to both of you akenbridgejoe and ebina for your hard works - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Superb work, ArkenbergeJoe! Truly superb! I was playing earlier and found the perfect place for these! I can't wait to see more development!

nerdly_dood

If the HOV lane idea is put into the NAM then there MUST be a double yellow line down the middle, I think the diamond mark should be a sign just before the ramp to get onto the HOV lanes.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

ArkenbergeJoe

the Viaducts with brown Brick is finished..

Impressionen

M4346

OMG those look really great!!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gaston

ArkenbergeJoe,
     Ist dieses für angehobene schwere Eisenbahnen?   Es schaut sehr gut.    Dieses ist etwas, das ich in meinen Städte verwenden würde.    Ausgezeichnete Arbeit, bis jetzt.    Ich hoffe dich der Unterhalt, der die fabelhafte Arbeit erledigt.

ArkenbergeJoe,
     Is this for elevated heavy railroads?    It looks very good.    This is something I would use in my cities.   Excellent work, so far.   Keep up the fabulous work.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

ssc4k

nice job those look great :p
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

ArkenbergeJoe

@Gaston: Yes, this is for the elevated heavy rail  ;)

Gaston

Quote from: ArkenbergeJoe on September 27, 2007, 04:54:13 AM
@Gaston: Yes, this is for the elevated heavy rail  ;)

Thank you for answering so quickly.   I thought that it was but wasn't sure.     Will you also make some stations for elevated heavy railroads as well?

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

toxicpiano

Oh wow! That looks fantastic! Bit light for my tastes, will it be easy to darken?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Andreas

A version with dark (red) brick is also in the works - and of course other developers are welcome to create additional texture sets, and esp. stations for the elevated heavy rail! Up to now, nobody ever made one, maybe because the current elevated heavy rail puzzle pieces look rather ugly and unrealistic. ;)
Andreas

figui

ArkenbergeJoe: that looks great. :thumbsup:
i really don't know if i'll use this in my cities, but i'll manage to try at least cause it looks soo good. ;)
only a suggestion/comment: the on ramp seems too steep to me, are you planning to make on slope ramps? (this is the way i manage to get smoother ramps for roads<->el-roads for example)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

thundercrack83

Wow! Stunning job, ArkenbergeJoe! The brown bricks look fantastic! I agree with our friend Andreas, too--this will make the elevated heavy rail no longer such an eyesore! Great job!

Andreas

@figui: The ramp has the same characteristics as the existing puzzle piece ramp for the elevated heavy rail. This mod doesn't change the functionality, but only the graphics. Of course, there's also an update for the on-slope puzzle piece, and the good news is that you can still use third-party addon eyecandy lots, like buddybud's bridges.
Andreas

figui

Quote from: Andreas on September 27, 2007, 12:37:55 PM
there's also an update for the on-slope puzzle piece, and the good news is that you can still use third-party addon eyecandy lots, like buddybud's bridges.
that's great, thanks. btw, i don't know that lots, i should search for them ;)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

Shadow Assassin

I was bored one day and decided to play around with the Road Tuning Parameters.

The end result: it's much easier to make land bridges, but you can't control their height, etc.

Something interesting that happened after futzing around with a couple of exemplars.

That's about as far as I can get it, but on the bright side, you no longer need any water. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

Some of thoes results are freaky to say the least... how the **** did you get that road to be raised up in the middle of nowhere lol

All i can say is WOW

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

The first pic looks very interesting, the second one is probably a bit strange. ;) Making land bridges without the need of using the rain tool or deep gorges could come in very handy, although you still cannot cross the bridges with another network (but then again, there are the puzzle pieces that can do that :) ).
Andreas

figui

________