• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Candlestick Park is in San Francisco. Here are the names:

Candlestick Park (1960 - 1995)
3Com Park (1995 - January 2002)
San Francisco Stadium at Candlestick Point (2002 - September 2004)
Monster Park (September 2004 - Present)

The San Francisco 49ers play there currently. The stadium by the bay that Barry Bonds hits home runs into is AT&T Park, formerly:

Pacific Bell Park (2000 - 2003)
SBC Park (2004 - 2005)
AT&T Park (2005 - Present)

Hope this helps!

threestooges

That helps quite a bit, thanks.

will_colorado

Here are 2 images of the port that I have created:

The Port Of Jefferson

Overview of the container terminal & the oil refinery:

Closer view of the oil refinery:

This is my home:  Ain't it cool?

Ennedi

Hello will_colorado!

I expected rather some mountains from you  ;), but your terminal and refinery are very good.

One little notice: it's a good idea to connect pipes to smokestacks, but in real life such pipes are flue gas channels. It would be good to separate them from other pipes and make another kind of them (there are some pipeline sets in Simtropolis). However - who knows about such things?  ::)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Ennedi

Today I'd like to show two pics from shoreline of Blue Coast city from Aurina Bay region

New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

flame1396

Keep in mind it's not done yet.  :thumbsup: BTW I moved the SOMY ships to the seaport menu, I could send you the files if you begged asked me nicely!

This bridge wasn't as easy as it looks.

More shoreline, but no more pics for now. I know how you feel.... it's ok to cry  :'(

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

rooker1

Awesome port flame1396.  The bridge is a very nice touch and very realistic as well.  Great work.
&apls
Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Ennedi

flame1396, I really like your port!  :thumbsup: Especially the general view and the bridge. I hope You will show it again when you will build more  :)

Some more views of my shoreline

New Horizons Productions

bat

Great new pictures of your shoreline, Ennedi! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Sober

Thought I'd resuscitate this thread with a shot from my MD :)

not as good as everyone else's, but I tried to put a bit of time into it (mostly terraforming it).

Yes, still using Maxis seaports, but combined with some PEG industrial CDKs.

threestooges

-Sober:
Your port looks really well done, and the Maxis ports look pretty good like that (I have nothing against them... perhaps aside from cost...but that can be changed). The time that you put in to it shows. I would, however, think about doing something with that high tension power pole. As far as I can see it's not connected to anything and (unless it was recently disconnected from the system) it is in too good of a condition to be an abandoned pole. It seems a bit awkward there, but that is the only thing that I would critique for changing. Well done.

Khiyana

So, I tried a port and started with a small one:

The Overview

Shot at 2007-07-01

And closer screenshots:

Shot at 2007-07-01

Shot at 2007-07-01

And the "Plattenbauten", the homes for the workers:

Shot at 2007-07-01

Filasimo

id thought id show you guys a teaser of my seaport im building as announced in my Olympus City MD.....this is just a small part of it but i also made some custom lots which is the 7 piece lot which makes up the diagonal container warehouse port. hope you guys like

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bat

Wonderful pictures of the seaports @ all! Great work! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Excellent picture, Filasimo! I find building ports and waterfronts difficult on the diagonal, but you did it flawlessly. Great job!

Filasimo

thanks thundercrack for that great comment when i was designing it i had to do it old school planning the placement on a piece of paper it wasnt so hard to lot either bc i had to instances of LE running so i can toggle back and forth from what props and or textures i needed n such....im thinking bout releasing it if anyone is interested....i do need help on the modding part since i havnt modded capacity lots before only the technical parts such as item ordering and custom query modding....so if anyone is interested in modding the lots for me and or also would like for me to release them ill be more than glad to although would i have to ask permission from the creators of the props to release their work on my lots?
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rooker1

Filasimo, I too think creating a good looking harbour is very diificult on straight edges, let alone on a diagonal as you have.  Great work and if you released these, I would use them very eagerly.  Although I do have a suggestion, even though I don't know if it's possible.....but could you add some kind of over hanging diagonal prop with a fence to get rid of the jagged edges?  Just a thought....

Robin   &apls &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Filasimo

rooker: u know....thats what i keep on thinking about is how to get rid of those jagged edges, if anyone could help me with that then there may be a way
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

JonM

I wanted to create something realistic looking, and to me that means diverse looking, with many different styles.  thank you to all the people who made the custom content I used :)

These are from my one city delta springs: