• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj_starfleet

Thanks for the comments everyone! bob56 in God mode I just used the flat level land tool, what I did was raise the land so all the water was gone then just start making corners and edges were I knew I wanted to place my Marina, Boardwalks, Embankments, etc..etc then lower back the land then I would start a city and experament with placeing my Marina, if I found I need to expanded the water mass I would quit out without saving so it takes you back to God Mode, it also helps to have a Map that has Harbor's and Marina's all ready in mind, I am using Blade2k5's NHP Hampton Roads Virginia Map which is HUGE! but I think has the perfect land to water ratio http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1781

There are several great tutorials on how to create Harbors and Marina's also, the following is just one..
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=146&threadid=85957&enterhread=y

Thanks

art128

excellent work on this shoreline jpj_starfleet  :thumbsup: very great lots  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

papab2000

jpj_starfleet, 

Very nice  :thumbsup: Hey what would even be nicer is if you could post a region shot in our Show us your NHP mapped regions.  ;) I think that would make blade's day.  ;) There is a link in my signature below.  ()stsfd()

Rich

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

dsrwhat316

Here's a shot of my new harbor:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

frdrcklim

Wow. It sure looks like a fun place.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Sciurus

I just love your work who's very amazing!! &apls &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Nexis4Jersey

Heres my small Seaport,
Port Humber

Yah first post of the New Year in the Show us your forum!

FrankU

Really nice lots, Nexis! But where is the shadow coming from? The crane?

dsrwhat316, wow! Ambitious project, and a real high class look!

Nexis4Jersey

RBC

@ dsrwhat316:

That's incredibly good! &apls

dsrwhat316

Thanks @ all for your comments ;D

Here's another from me:

~ Dan

Nexis4Jersey

wow nice aquarium on the harbor there dsrwhat316! :)

FrankU

Not so sophisticated as dsrwhat316. Very good work by the way!
More like an older port with different kinds of industry.

The southern part.
To the left the power plant with a small refinery next to it. A place for oiltankers to bring their products. Upper the still working old coal storage and processing. North of the highway the water treatment facilities. On the lower right the bulk dock. As you also can see the population needs some more housing... (working on it).

A bit more zoomed in on the watertreatment.

North of the highway.
Several small harbours for bulk and other random goods.

If you look closely you can see that the housing is built next to the new FAR puzzle pieces from the NAM 2009. Pity that not all tiles connect to the roads. After having taken these pictures I demolished the area....

A bit more zoomed in.

And another.

In an adjacent smaller town I have an old port that is almost not in use anymore. Parts of the docks have undergone reconstruction works and they are used for scows and their personnell having days off. Off course the scows should be empty, but hey, PEG made them like this, what can I do? And I also need to work on the buildings. I was more hoping for some unused mostrous old brick factory building like JeStarr makes them all day, but it would not grow!
The lower side is still used for small bulk goods.

GMT

so here's a marina of mine which I just about finished working on (mostly I guess). It'll be featured in my new CJ that will (hopefully) start sometime soon, after over a year of abstinance and planning the new one.
anyways, here you go:

Click me!

The alltogether 110 repetetive houses on the right are situated in a secluded, gated community built to accomodate those who...well, can affort living next door to one of the most distinguished and expensive (and of course gated!) marinas on the coast.

... really, it is. I swear.

sim-al2

:o That's awesome! How long did it take to grow those repitive houses? (or are they plopped?) :-\
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

suplado!

wow -- great work everyone... :thumbsup: and GMT thats massive...

anyway -- here's my small marina... :-[

GMT

Quote from: sim-al2 on January 25, 2009, 05:19:09 AM
:o That's awesome! How long did it take to grow those repitive houses? (or are they plopped?) :-\

they're plopped with the buildingplop cheat, just like the 2 condo towers. I wanted the area to look as authentic as possible and that's when plopping comes really handy.

Quote from: suplado! on January 25, 2009, 06:04:52 AM
wow -- great work everyone... :thumbsup: and GMT thats massive...

thank you. yours look cool, as always, I love the photoshopping efforts you put into your pictures

... really, it is. I swear.

dsrwhat316

Ennedi

FrankU, Suplado, dsrwhat316 - beautiful pictures guys!  &apls :thumbsup:

Suplado, did you make PEG's boats ploppable?

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

FrankU

Beautiful marina's!
Meanwhile I have been working on one also. I'll show it this or next week. Not completely satisfied yet....

And, Suplado, if indeed you made them ploppable, would it be possible to release them? You'd make me happy.