• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

Here are some images from my CJ (which is on ST and not on here, though I'm considering having it over here too), the Republic of Tianech.

After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

rooker1

Awesome port DFire870, I wish your CJ/MD was over here also.  Great work and great pictures.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

guurgkud

hmm.. shoreline... waterfront. same thing?

Well.. if it is, then here's a mini waterfront pic from my new MD: Tristania.

]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Elektra

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

Alkaola

cool Dfire !  ... an amazing harbor u got there

i'm wondering though where u downloaded that white passanger  ( i think 'PCC')  ship ?  It looks amazing u know  :)

greetings from Amsterdam

DFire870

Thanks Alkaola. :)

That ship isn't actually a passenger ship, it's one that cars can be loaded onto. I got it from SOMY's site (I don't have the link, but someone else might.)
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Khiyana

Oh wow, what amazing pictures here!
I love those harbours and seashores, because it's maybe I'm a lundrubber?
With your help I've found now a lot of great sea-stuff and I will try to make a port for myself....I hope I get something as beauty as I've seen on this thread! (and sorry for my bad english, don't read the mistakes I made espacially in grammatics...  ::) )

thundercrack83

A great contrast between the fantastic harbor from DFire870 and the colorful waterfront in Tristania by guurgkud! Awesome work, guys!

Facepace

I recently created a new region and mapped out this great area to have a harbor in, but I cannot seem to find al of the great lots you guys used in you harbors and seaports and such? Could you suggest a good place to look and find those lots?

bwatterud

This post in a port building tutorial has a ton of links to good stuff. 

Facepace

Wow that is a great tutorial, it covered pretty much everything, Thank you so much bwatterud!   :thumbsup:

bat

Fantastic harbor @ both and also great pictures / work! :thumbsup:

urban

@guurgkud: That looks great, reminds me on the lago maggiore or lake garda in italy :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

threestooges

Well, let's try a simple shoreline.
A pic of horses in the wetlands at low tide:

Travis

That's a nice one threestooges, I like the choice of plants.
I'll post a couple of mine from my MD...

Riverside...

On the boardwalk...

The inlet...

Hope you all like them!

threestooges

I thought the first was good when I saw it in the challenge thread. I like the way the 2nd is set up especially with the train station you selected (I like how the door lets people out across the tracks). There are a few parking lot connectivity issues, but that seems unavoidable. I particularly like the ballpark in the last pic. It seems like it is just set up to have balls sail out over the left field wall into the water (which seems helpful to have the marinas so close during the games). Good pics.

Travis

Thanks! It does look kind of silly with those cars parked in the middle of a pedestrian plaza, but I couldn't edit it out because the LE has been
giving me a lot of trouble lately. My inspiration for that ballpark was AT&T Park in San Francisco, overlooking the bay. I'm glad you liked the pics. :)

EDIT: Heh, my 100th post.  &dance

threestooges

Congratulations on your 100th. When you say AT&T, are you referring to (formerly) 3COM, formerly Candlestick Park? I ask only because I remember the name changed but I can't remember where it actually was located in the area.

bwatterud

No, I think he's referring to AT&T Park (formerly SBC Park (formerly Pac Bell Park)).   ;D

threestooges

So then where is the (originally named) Candlestick Park located?