• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zodicus

Time to revive this thread with a little bump. I'm just getting into heavily modding SC4 after playing pretty much stock for about 6 or 7 years now. Been going through a lot of the forums getting ideas on what to do. Currently I am working on a bridgebuilder's and seaport nuts dream region - New York City I got from STEX with all of Staten Island.

I am curious: I have a bunch of different seawalls I have been using and they work great for my coastlines but not for sunken area's. Can't seem to find a nice sunken hwy wall to use with RHW. Also, I absolutely love the Petroleum/LNG ports I see here but I can not seem to find them anywhere. Most everything I am using on my current SP project is of the PEG CDK series - which isn't bad at all! I seem to have multiples of one dependency because after I build a good section and restart the game it is instant CDT when I go into that particular city.

Anyways you guys are all very talented and can't wait to show off my creativity and compare. Keep it up guys and gals and have fun!
Constructive criticism is recommended and highly encouraged

nas-t

great pictures everyone!  &apls

(Vale Surf Cup / Vale)

FrankU

Nice beach, Nas-t!

And Andrey black infinit: that seaport looks nice. Do I see some FrankU warehouses and seaport lots?

unit2981

Quote from: Zodicus on February 25, 2012, 10:35:48 PM
Time to revive this thread with a little bump. I'm just getting into heavily modding SC4 after playing pretty much stock for about 6 or 7 years now. Been going through a lot of the forums getting ideas on what to do. Currently I am working on a bridgebuilder's and seaport nuts dream region - New York City I got from STEX with all of Staten Island.

I am curious: I have a bunch of different seawalls I have been using and they work great for my coastlines but not for sunken area's. Can't seem to find a nice sunken hwy wall to use with RHW. Also, I absolutely love the Petroleum/LNG ports I see here but I can not seem to find them anywhere. Most everything I am using on my current SP project is of the PEG CDK series - which isn't bad at all! I seem to have multiples of one dependency because after I build a good section and restart the game it is instant CDT when I go into that particular city.

Anyways you guys are all very talented and can't wait to show off my creativity and compare. Keep it up guys and gals and have fun!

Mas71 has some great walls for sunken areas, but I don't recall that seawalls work with sunken areas(highway or rail) because of obvious reasons. His work is available on the STEX under Mas71. Good luck  :thumbsup:
Come and visit Kita-Kaikyo Prefecture!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14462">

solsystem

Some pics from one of my ports. Enjoy!

art128

Great and realistic oil port, solsystem! I liked a lot the part with the two solar power plant at the end of the pier.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Indeed, it looks real convincing. I don't know if it is realistic, because Oil ports is not my business, but if you told me it were, I'd instantly believe you. Nice work!

solsystem

@art128 and FrankU: Thank you for your comments. I don't know if this Oil port is realistic although I looked for some Oil and LNG ports at Google Maps.

Two more from the same harbour town:

SCWTC4

Vandeberg Naval Base from Koko island.

still a WIP, maybe the only place around where you can find IJN Yamato, Nagato and an Iowa Class battleship moored less than a half kilometer from each other  $%Grinno$%

edit: for the brown boxes, i have the flag pack but still (for unknown reasons) those "pretty" boxes keep shows.
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

solsystem

Great naval base, SCWTC4!  &apls I like your collection of battleships.

FrankU

Those battleships are probably part of a United Nations Cooperation Force.
The flags: do you have the Dayopeace reward? Maxis stuff!

Nice, very nice ports! Both of you.  &apls

SCWTC4

Quote from: FrankU on May 15, 2012, 02:11:51 AMThe flags: do you have the Dayopeace reward? Maxis stuff!
mmmh  &Thk/(, must check, maybe i've miss it; thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Quote from: FrankU on May 15, 2012, 02:11:51 AM
Those battleships are probably part of a United Nations Cooperation Froce.
actually all three are properties of Koko island government (and in turn of Koko's Navy)  ;D
i've written the island's history for a forthcoming mayor diary that still hasn't seen light; so the three battleships would be Nagato itself (acquired as a war prize from Japan and never blown up in 1946 Operation Crosroads), the fourth unnamed Yamato-class (acquired and completed by Koko goverment after the war instead of beign scrapped in 1942 to make way for more aircraft carriers) and USS Kentucky (acquired from the US and completed in 1958). the only ship still in commicion is Kentucky (after beign modernized in the 80's and again in the early 00's), the two others are museum ships (the yamato was retired in the early 90's but Koko's Navy keeps her mantained and seawhorty so it could be reactivated if needed).
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FrankU

Yes, it can be cold on Mars. Is that genuine CO2 snow?

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

nas-t

Thank you FrankU!

Currently I'm working on a Hoverport for the Port of Clover.

for more pictures i recommend my MD ;)

eugenelavery

Some shoreline shots from my MD, ZouĂ©rat Islamic Federation, which currently resides in the Recently Published MD section.  These shots are of the city of Dhiraagu which is the capital city of the Mahibadhoos.

mattb325

After 4 days of winter storms and gales here in Sydney:

...I'm glad that summer is just around the corner

jmyers2043

Quote from: mattb325 on August 12, 2012, 09:13:59 PM
I'm glad that summer is just around the corner

That means winter is just around mine  :thumbsdown:   Great shot Matt! I like the parking lot textures. I don't think I've seen them before  $%#Ninj2   

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Rayden

Quote from: jmyers2043 on August 13, 2012, 04:39:34 AM
Quote from: mattb325 on August 12, 2012, 09:13:59 PM
I'm glad that summer is just around the corner

That means winter is just around mine  :thumbsdown:   Great shot Matt! I like the parking lot textures. I don't think I've seen them before  $%#Ninj2   

I believe those are from this pack - http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27564-paengs-parking-lots-vol-01/  :thumbsup:

Winter's coming? I'm looking forward to it $%Grinno$%