• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanethemain

Whoops, forgot to re-size! Dang it. That's what I get for being an old man...  ;D

Ennedi

Shanethemain, this picture is beautiful! &apls

Great composition, beautiful nightlights, this Chinese mall (I forgot it's name) looks fantastic!
Of course it would be good to see more lights around these skyscrapers, but anyway the effect is great :thumbsup:

It would be good to see a bit more of this city... ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

shanethemain

Thank you SO much, Ennedi!!!!!!!!! 

I tried to apply some of your advice from the last time I posted, and I think it definitely made a big difference. And I was honestly suprised myself at how well Dmscopio's mall (Coco Park I think isn't it?) ended up (positioning/blending in with surroundings/etc.). Gizmo's incredible night mod really seems to bring out the best with all these amazing bats/lighting (some of the pictures TheTeaCat posted recently were stunning).

Also, I totally agree that there needs to be more lights around those buildings, but I am not exactly sure as to what method would be best... any suggestions? I had thought of using some of those tall highway light poles from the STEX, but I do not want them to intrude or block the view. I'm sure I'll figure something out though.

Anyways, I'll try and post some more in the future (perhaps not on the picture competition though--too much pressure   :D), and again many thanks for the encouragement! It is a privilege to glean from the SC4 masters!!

Ennedi

Try to use light towers from the MIC Airport Pack. Light masts are significantly smaller than Highway Light Towers (both small and big). MIC airport lights have a concrete base and need some arrangement in the surrounding (if somebody knows lot editing, can remove/change it).

MIC lights have one specific feature: the light cone is higher than the mast  ;) and it looks a bit strange on the open space. Bt if you use Gizmo's mod, it can look much better, because the light cone will be darker and probably it's upper part will not be visible. In addition, edges of the enlightened space look more soft in Gizmo's mod and big lights can look better than during the default night.
I had no time now to show it on pictures, but maybe I will try to do it during weekend :)
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

shanethemain

Thanks for the heads up! I will look into it and see if I can make 'em work for me. I definitely dig light cones  :thumbsup:

Well, its back to the drawing board! Catch up with ya later!

Cheers!

dsrwhat316

well i entered a pic of my port in the SC4 picture competition, and it got some great reviews. for those of you who missed it, here it is:

let me know if you want to see more!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Toichus Maximus

'course we want to see more, that looks awesome!

figui

great pictures of you both, shanethemain and dsrwhat316 (Dan)  :thumbsup:
we're allways pleased to see such nice pictures here  ;)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Yoman

Ennedi

Yoman - that's a great mosaic, excellent quality, very good planning and a lot of interesting stuff - this mix of industrial and military lots and props is really great! &apls, and Japanese fishing port pieces look very well with them.

But tell me please, wha are these waterfront pieces at the end of the canal, including diagonal ones?
New Horizons Productions

Yoman

I'm going to assume you mean the ones with the little waffle like imprints (thats how I think of them).

They are from a Japanese site, SA showed them to me awhile ago. However Xiziz and I have extensively re-modded them adding the asphalt base textures and custom icons in the parks menu. Next time I see SA I can get the link for you or if you'd like I can share our redone version of them with you, as long as you make another fantastic waterfront in your MD ;D

sithlrd98

Quote from: Ennedi on November 12, 2007, 08:55:53 AM
But tell me please, wha are these waterfront pieces at the end of the canal, including diagonal ones?

These are looking great...I love the redone textures on the walls and I also would be interested in those pieces!

Ennedi

Quote from: Yoman on November 12, 2007, 10:14:43 AM
I'm going to assume you mean the ones with the little waffle like imprints (thats how I think of them).

They are from a Japanese site, SA showed them to me awhile ago. However Xiziz and I have extensively re-modded them adding the asphalt base textures and custom icons in the parks menu. Next time I see SA I can get the link for you or if you'd like I can share our redone version of them with you, as long as you make another fantastic waterfront in your MD ;D

Both of your propositions (especially the second one  ;D) are fantastic - thank you!
I promise I will use them in a good way (with a special dedication :D), next week I will start building the main city in the region, there will be a complicated transit network and the main seaport in it - so I'm collecting an interesting stuff from some time.
New Horizons Productions

dsrwhat316

that is an awesome pic, Yoman!

since some of you asked, here's a few close-up shots of my port:

~ Dan

Toichus Maximus

Say, where did you get those orange cranes with the grayish building behind it?

dsrwhat316

@ Toichus Maximus: that BAT and most of the ones you see are made by SOMY. check out his site here

~ Dan

Toichus Maximus

thanks much; I somehow missed that lot when I was downloading the other SOMY ones a while back >>

Masochist

I look to these pictures for inspiration... &apls

I am currently undertaking my very first large-scale seaport project.  I've rediscovered emilin's tutorial...going through this thread...hopefully when it's done I'll have some pictures to show.

<Edit>
I've made quite a bit of progress in making this seaport.  Here're some shots of it:

Fordville Int'l Seaport -

Now for the close ups:

Facing North -

Facing North -

Facing West -

Facing South -

Facing East -

Please let me know what you think.  As I said, this is my very first Seaport project, and it is still very much a work-in-project, so any tips to make it better would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:!  Also, keep in mind that the empty Back-Bay part is reserved for a recreational harbor.
(Under Construction)

figui

Yoman: great fishing port there! :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316: Dan, nice closeups of your seaport :thumbsup:

Masochist: fordville int'l is getting really nice. the only thing i'd think about is the entrance (bottom left in the first pic) that looks a bit narrow to me. it's still very good! show us some pics when the recreational harbor gets developed ;)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

Another great set of pictures of that wonderful harbor, Masochist. :thumbsup: