• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueeyesman

heres 2 pics from the same location in my city.

Dai9988

Slovakia!

carlfatal

Hi,
wo, nice pictures around here!  &apls

cause my region is only a big workplace and not worth to be shown in a portrait here some pictures of the first finished train station for passengers and goods. Had some problems with the mass of props and textures and divided the lot in two parts. Now it´s better, but i couldn´t plant the switch stands (right word?)...
The station is at the end of two lines as you can see on the first picture.

Greetz, Carl

zulhirosue

wow... amazing pics & idea here.. tq for sharing!
sorry for my bad english

art128

Great station! Fully lotted is a good idea. Also it is very representative of european small town stations. I think I might have to steel your idea!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

khoianh94

A pic from my GLR network. Apparently my favourite addition that comes with the NAM.  :thumbsup:

Gurning_Chimp

That's awesome khoianh94! My laptop crapped up over the holidays and I had to get a new hard drive, but I'm currently rebuilding and am just at the stage of expanding public transport, I'll probably put some tram lines down after I start the subway tonight.

noahclem

Awesome pictures everyone!  &apls &apls

I especially like carlfatal's railyard work  &apls  I look forward to seeing what you do with the TTR stuff you've been following over at TRR  :thumbsup:

mike3775

Quote from: khoianh94 on January 09, 2012, 08:21:33 AM
A pic from my GLR network. Apparently my favourite addition that comes with the NAM.  :thumbsup:

Wow that is simply fantastic.  I really love how you blended it into the surroundings with the textures also.

Incidentally do you actually get usage from it?  I have found that whenever I build a huge GLR network, I cannot get much usage out of it, unless I bulldoze the rail lines that goes through the cities, as they will simply take the GLR to the train station then jump over to the train, take a train to another station near a GLR stop, then jump back on the GLR to go where they want to, even though there is a direct GLR line to that area with fewer stops then the train line

khoianh94

Quote from: mike3775 on January 10, 2012, 09:18:53 AM
Wow that is simply fantastic.  I really love how you blended it into the surroundings with the textures also.

Incidentally do you actually get usage from it?  I have found that whenever I build a huge GLR network, I cannot get much usage out of it, unless I bulldoze the rail lines that goes through the cities, as they will simply take the GLR to the train station then jump over to the train, take a train to another station near a GLR stop, then jump back on the GLR to go where they want to, even though there is a direct GLR line to that area with fewer stops then the train line

In my case, GLR usage exceeds car traffic by far (60,000 vs. 25,000 in the Traffic Congestion graph). Most of the tracks are used by 4,000 passengers and more; figures over 10,000 can also be seen. I customized the Traffic Simulator that comes with the NAM to encourage my sims to use public transport, ans secondly, railway tracks (and buses) are very rare in my region. I will add more railways to my cities, there will possibly be a change in GLR usage then. But this wouldn't hurt that much, most of the tram stations are far beyond their capacity already. ;)

art128

A Series 0 Shinkasen, running in my region

More in my MD! ( click the picture in my signature)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

@art128: My brother this is touristic catalog great  :thumbsup:

My wooden rail station  :)

Thanks to carlfatal for te-modding   :)

DAB_City

Quote from: mike3775 on January 10, 2012, 09:18:53 AM

So your light rail system has fewer stops than your heavy rail? Bit strange, as it usually is the opposite. My preferred number and spacing of stations, from the most to the least, is: Bus>Light Rail/Subway>Monorail>Heavy Rail>High-Speed Rail
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

io_bg

Some of the tram lines in my latest city:

You can find more in my MD ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Swordmaster

Some great pictures since I last visited here, guys. Well, done!

Here's some of my recent dabbling:

Coal train leaving industrial area.

Plodding through suburbs...

...and tunnels.

Onto the main line.

There's one heavy bummer. Clearly needs an extra engine - that's easily upwards of 4,000 tons of coal.

Cheers,
Willy

noahclem

Great rails Swordmaster  &apls  I love the BN coal train especially, and STR is always nice. Nice use of the freight train length mod and I'd also suggest you check out Rivit's tunnel mod.

Nice work to the rest of you as well  &apls

One from me:

RickD

Great pictures.

Swordmaster, how did you make only one type of train car appear?  ()what()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

jmdude1

great pics everyone.

your coal train would look great leaving a coal mine in the hills swordmaster.
this idea would also be nice with a train full of car carriers leaving a car factory or industrial complex.

@rickd: he mentions it a bit on the previous page and shows some great results with boxcars.  :)

RickD

Quote from: jmdude1 on February 23, 2012, 04:24:44 AM
@rickd: he mentions it a bit on the previous page and shows some great results with boxcars.  :)

Ah, right. Maybe this dancing, pink elephant

&dance

will convince Swordmaster to write a bit more detailed tutorial (especially the "splitting the file" and "disabeling maxis cars" part)?

:)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Swordmaster

Thanks, all!

Quote from: RickD on February 23, 2012, 06:26:32 AM
Ah, right. Maybe this dancing, pink elephant

&dance

will convince Swordmaster to write a bit more detailed tutorial (especially the "splitting the file" and "disabeling maxis cars" part)?

:)

Nothing is more persuasive than pink elephants. Can't resist that!

I modded the original maxis files with the reader and tweaked them so that they don't appear anymore. So basically trains appear with no cars. Then I got Swamper77's cars and made one DAT file per car, putting only one of them at a time in my plugins, so that only one type of car can appear. Not sure if this clarifies things for you.

Cheers,
Willy