• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terrace City

Started by ecoba, September 23, 2009, 06:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoba

Hey Everyone!

This (Terrace City) is a little city I've been working on, and is in one of my test regions.

I know it's been done before, the terrace-forming and all, but I'd figure I'd try my hand at it.
This city will focus mainly on seeing if whether or not I can completely block Maxis content (except for maybe a few Euro $$ Homes here and there), and to see if the sims like this type of city. If so, then I may start doing this, even though getting the terraces up is backbreaking work.

Here's what I've got so far in the city tile, which is small by the way.

This is the basic infrastructure for the city. I haven't added a busway or even a (gasp) rail line yet.

And a region view:

Plus the almighty transport view:

Note to moderators. This is not meant to be an MD, just an experimenting thread where I can show off some of my work. Other members of the community are welcome to show off some terraced-style cities of their own if they wish.

Please comment and leave your opinions, enjoy.

Ethan

blakesterville

Wow, looks great!  ()stsfd()  &apls looks like it will look like a nice suburban city to me. I love to come up with new ideas. that's how all my good cities arise.

good luck! -blakesterville.

Fabian93

That's a pretty cool idea  :thumbsup:
Might try that out some day, if I have some time to do it.
It reminds me of Cahokia an ancient "city" in America.

callagrafx

Moved this to the showcase section  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

jackxu

A Hong Kong style Area ;)

sain bai nu