• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Spring Hill, FL

Started by ashton23, May 11, 2009, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I focus on?

Transportation
Goverment
Money
Houses

ashton23

This topic will be amazing when it gets done.

Ryan B.

I chose 'Transportation' in the above poll because, well . . .

Look at Orleans County and you'll know why.

I would recommend reading the MD Section Rules, especially Part III - Author Rules.

They can be found here:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5195.0

Good luck!

ashton23

How do i upload pictures ()what() ()what()

kj3400

That's easy...simply click on the portrait button (between the sphere shaped button and the earth looking button) and insert the link of your pic in between the "[I M G][/I M G]" that shows up. Of course, only pics uploaded to an image site, like photobucket or imageshack will work. I hope I could help.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

ashton23

Here's the picture of the power plant[/img]

io_bg

Hmm I can't see the picture...
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Floydian

You cannot simply put the name of a picture that is on your computer. You must first go to a site such as www.imageshack.us or photobucket.com and upload that picture on your computer. It will then give you a bunch of links. You want the direct link, which you post between the [img] and [/img] tags.

homefryes

Quote from: ashton23 on May 12, 2009, 01:07:16 PM
Here's the picture of the power plant
ashton23, Hi -- maybe I can help with the image issue. Below is what you have entered for your image.

[img]http://SDC10003[/img]

You will need to enter the exact URL of the image you're wishing to post. You can use one of many free image hosting sites. I choose Photobucket, but there are others you can pick from. So, once I've uploaded the image from my computer to Photobucket, I can then copy the URL for that image and paste it in between the [img][/img] tags, like so:

[img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/homefryes/SimCity%20Projects/2009%20-%20Ashtabula%20Region%202/ashtabula_banner.gif[/img]

The result is the banner you see below in my signature.

One of the nice things about Photobucket (I can't speak for any of the other image hosting sites) is that in the thumbnail view for the image, I can hover over it and a menu pops up with the exact code I just showed you; I click on it and copy it from there and paste it here. Saves a step in that I don't have to click the image button first.

I hope this help you.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I believe the maximum width allowed is 1024 pixels; however, I do mine at 800 pixels wide, since 1024 goes right to the edge of the screen for me (and I'm at 1280x1024 here, 1280x800 at home) and I'm always concerned that something is getting cut off.

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium