• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Welcome to Page 56

thats just sweet david i like it alot the bays are supperb and the landscape just blows me away wow - pat

edit
@ 5:37 pm i did it finaly woohooo 1100 post to 3RR 
&dance &dance &dance &dance &dance

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Well!

1,100 comments- thassahoebunch, as they say in Texas...

Then too, of course, we'll need to deal with the commenter.  It looks like it was Pat's day [linkie].

It's always a great day here at SC4D- Eye candy for everyone!

Remember to brush!

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Heinz

1100!!! thats a lot. love the tejada spring impound pic and all the other nature ones. smashing. the wide road curves look promising still! hope to see the available for download soon. hmm... if some one ever finds that gold... it would be good for 3rr, yeah? i'd think so. congrats on 1100!!!

bat

beautiful island and pictures! Congrats on more than 1100 posts in this MD, david! :thumbsup: &apls

asturianu

Hey, David! I love the island you shown! I can't see the other 2 pics but that must be a problem of my computer. I am not a member of 3RR developement service, but I will sugest you something. Please, keep everytown in the region with a low density develope excecpt Pineshore. If you do that, the region would become the most popular and most realistic ever made in SC4, yes! And congrats for 1100 replies!

Cristian

thundercrack83

Some more outstanding eye candy from the master! Congratulations on 1100 posts, my friend! Here's to 1100 more!

Livin in Sim

*Grabs brush, squirts on toothpaste, replaces cap, and begins brushing eyes...*

Ow!   &dd  Next time maybe I'll just use the water pik...er...floss...

Seriously, tho, this is some of your best work. Your countryside is quite believable.  The trees, oh, the tree-i-ness of the land!  It's perfectly treed!  The large seasonal lots are a must.  They add that natural look wherever they're used.  How's your computer running?  I suppose without buildings, etc, it's better.  I've made some small ones for practice, now I'll get busy on the big ones.  Seasonal bushes, weeds, water plants, cattails, pussy willows, bring 'em on.  You're right, that bridge does look just perfect there.  And a spring is a great way to begin a creek.  In the winter pic with the curves , watch out for icy spots!  I don't see any simmobiles in the ditch, tho, the 3RR highway crew must be right on it.

Your back story reminded me of an area legend.  linkie

True story, or invention?  It is always hard to tell with these legends, but my brother-in-law is determined to find that gold.  So far he has come back with some really cool rocks, garnets, agates, some small nugs panning, and, oh, he found my ring when I lost it planting grass seed in the lawn.  One a these days, tho, he'll find the lost gold...

Bye for now, nature boy.

--Liv

glepet

You make a simple little island into a work of art. You are the master. 

BigSlark

David,

To put it mildly, your work intimidates me. I really have no clue how to make something that beautiful in game.

Keep up the good work and I'd like to see some more Landscape Tutorial Action.

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

A little mind candy before bed?

I haven't done a topo in a while.  Figgered some things out in the interim though, as I get better with vector graphics.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

kalanc69

Hi David...

Your really doing great with the eye candy!! And your new road curve is too DIE FOR!!! I was just wondering if we might ever get the last part of your last tutorial (Customized ploppable seasonal trees) finished anytime soon. I am not meaning to rush or bother, I am just chomping at the bits to finish learning how to do it so I may try it out in my new city!! Thanks again and I look forward to your newest stuff!!

bat

That's a wonderful map, david! :thumbsup: &apls

btw,
         MY 1300th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thundercrack83

David,

I love the new topographical map of the Spanish Bay area. Beautiful job! One day, you'll have to show how you do all this great stuff! In the meantime, keep up the fantastic work!

Dustin

dedgren

Trying to figure out whether the TerraFormer camera lets you look down from straight overhead or not.

Later (today).

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

Man David you are just having a blast teasing us with soo much today arnt ya's lol
well i will be back for more then - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Hi David-

Wow . . . more topographic maps!  And some really nice eye candy.  Fun stuff and excellent job as always--thanks for sharing!  Of course, whenever I hear the word "topographic", I can't help but think:

:D.  Quite possibly my all-time favorite.

And congrats to Pat making on post #1,100! :thumbsup:

-Alex

thundercrack83

I'm not very adept at using the Terraformer, so I wouldn't be able to answer your question about the camera. Every time I've used it, it's always been the same camera angle. Can you change it? And if so, how? I hope one day someone does a Terraformer Tutorial. Anyway, the second topographic map looks great, too! Can't wait to see more, my friend!

Take care,

Dustin

dedgren

1,100 posts in a little over four months...man, you folks have been so great to me and 3RR.

So, who was it this time?  Ahhh, none other than our friend Pat (patfirefghtr), stopping by between fighting the fires that apparently rage fairly frequently in the great north woods of Wisconsin.  He's a lucky man, and not just because he hit one of the "double-O's" here.  You couldn't ask for a nicer part of the country to live in, and you haven't fished until you've caught a muskie [linkie] on one of northern Wisconsin's beautiful lakes.  Pat's right in the middle of all that- couldn't happen to a nicer guy, or a better SC4 friend.

So here's what we find to mark the event when we turn to 3RR.

Right in that same area we've been looking at lately, just north of Spanish Head.  Here's the Gazetteer entry.

• Pat's Summit (Hill - SE Quad Farwell Twp - lat. 48° 29' 44" N / lon. 95° 02' 32" W - elev. 1,274 ft/389 m amsl.)  Pat's Summit is a hill forming a headland along the western shore of Hotham Inlet about 5.5 miles/8.8 kilometers south of the mouth of the Wind River.  It rises 456 feet/139 meters directly from the shore, and is a prominent landmark when seen from the water.  From land, however, its relatively gentle slopes tend to obscure its height, and early settlers to the region thought Spanish Head, which lies just to the south and rises more steeply on the landward side as well as jutting out into the inlet, was the taller of the two features.  Pat's Summit takes its name from from Pat von Rhinelander, an early settler and forest warden.  von Rhinelander was reputed to have climbed to the summit daily during the summer and fall months for over 50 years running to aid in spying out forest fires in the dense woods along the inlet.

The 3RRGS has also produced a feature map.

Pat, thanks so much for becoming a part of 3RR, and for your work on collaboration.

Off to bed.  Big court day tomorrow.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

emilin

So much going on here that it's hard to know what to comment on these days. I have to admit to lurking quite a lot lately, but I still follow everything in 3RR on a (almost) daily basis.

Topographic maps should be interesting, by the way.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow Assassin

Since SC4T has an overview map, it should be possible to have a straight overview. Just turn off the water rendering, or it'll look odd.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!