• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

This is much, much better Pat. It looks a lot more realistic, and things are moving along swimmingly. The banks need a bit more work, but I realize this is a work in progress.

Good job...
-Joan

threestooges

The best workaround I've found for the blotches is to use a couple types/colors of the TPW and a few bits of the regular PW to simulate changes in depth of the water. Also, in the areas where I've used TPW, rocks and other stuff would be able to be seen in most of those locations, so I scatter those in which breaks up the blotches as well.

As a work in progress it's coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll decorate the banks Pat.
-Matt

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

Sorry everyone had gotten soo busy here, I thought my health was on the upswing that is what I get for thinking lol..... But anyways I thank everyone for the wonderful replies.... I will have more personal ones here soon... Be On the Look Out for new stuff here shortly ;-)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

blade2k5

Long time no see old friend.  Hope you're doing ok.  Look forward to talking to you again as a lot has happened since we last spoke.  See ya soon.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

Well its been 3 yrs since last updated here, man whats wrong with me gezzzzzz..........

This is only a small taste of what is yet to come around from me............................

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

I've moved your MD back to the classics, Pat. :)

Nice to see you're finding some time to play our good old Simcity 4. 

Lovely start with the waterfall there.... I'm curious to see if you'll start using HD seasonal trees and HD terrain mods.... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Thank you Art, I might have to play around with those now since I gotten a brand new video card that can support better graphics.... BTW What is the short cut key for taking pictures in game? I forgotten and been trying to find it

carlfatal

Wow, and welcome back!   :)
Nice teaser, I am waiting, where the water will flow to.  :thumbsup:

mgb204

Quote from: Pat on August 04, 2015, 01:39:51 PM
What is the short cut key for taking pictures in game? I forgotten and been trying to find it

CTRL + SHIFT + S

Tarkus

Pat, it's great to see you and Waterfalls back in action!  Looking forward to seeing what's in store. :thumbsup:

-Alex

vester

Quote from: mgb204 on August 04, 2015, 04:48:33 PM
What is the short cut key for taking pictures in game? I forgotten and been trying to find it

CTRL + SHIFT + S

Great to see you back in action, Pat.

I use Irfanview for taking pictures:
- open irfanview (black start-up screen)
- press C, for screen capture

You will not need for the picture to save, but can keep going.
I normal just save directly into jpeg.

APSMS

CTRL + SHIFT + S
I think that's the shortcut for a quick save (no region view update). Are you sure that's the shortcut you use, Robin?

And for myself, I use ShareX. If you use Dropbox, Flickr, or most common image hosts, you can optionally have it upload the pic right away, or just save it in whatever file structure you want. It also supports multiple image formats and profiles (one hotkey for direct upload, another for local only, etc.)

But whichever works for you. Glad to see you back in action again. :thumbsup:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Simcoug

Quote from: APSMS on August 04, 2015, 06:26:43 PM

CTRL + SHIFT + S
I think that's the shortcut for a quick save (no region view update). Are you sure that's the shortcut you use, Robin?

And for myself, I use ShareX. If you use Dropbox, Flickr, or most common image hosts, you can optionally have it upload the pic right away, or just save it in whatever file structure you want. It also supports multiple image formats and profiles (one hotkey for direct upload, another for local only, etc.)

But whichever works for you. Glad to see you back in action again. :thumbsup:

Yep, that is the correct shortcut for in game pics... 'CTRL + S' is the quick save shortcut, which has bitten me a few times as I wasn't quick enough to get my finger on the shift key.   :facepalm:

BTW, it's always great to see veterans return to SC4 after an absence  :)

APSMS

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of Ctrl+Alt+S, cause I know that Ctrl+S is a full save (Region view update), not a quicksave.

Oh well, good stuff to know, given that I don't think I've ever used the in-game screenshot tool (before ShareX I used the PrintScreen method; very tedious)

I look forward to what you have in store for us Pat.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Pat

are the table format no longer supported at all? Its the only thing I can think of why my first page is corrupted, any other thoughts?

art128

I just checked the first page and holy hell what is happening. :D :D
I doubt the issue lies with the tables, they're working fine in every other threads. To make sure, try to modify all your messages, while keeping the tables copied on a notepad in your computer.
If the issue persists, you might want to ask someone who might know about this like Alex or Casper.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

I did try that as well with posting the table here on this page and baaaaaang messed up this page as well, I tried several times and Im at a loss  :crytissue: