• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cozu

I know somebody told me to read the "read me" file... but the thing is that the "read me"  file is not as clear as i may understand how to use the neighbour connections... if somebody could make a tutorial on how to use the connectors, on each side of the edge of the cities (f.e. north connection on city 1, and south conection of city 2)... and the image of it working properly. 

also.............. will there be some kind of cosmetic pieces for the RHW-4?... it'd be awesome.

woodb3kmaster

Using the connectors isn't actually that hard. In the current version of the RHW Mod, it might be somewhat confusing due to the preview arrows and descriptions of each connector piece, but those things don't actually mean anything. All you have to do is make sure the white and yellow lines are on the same sides of the connector piece as they are on the built RHW. However, if you want to make a connection with anything wider than the RHW-6S (like -6C or -8), you'll have to demolish any connections you've already built once RHW 4.0.5 is released.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Tarkus

Quote from: el_cozu on June 07, 2010, 01:14:54 PM
also.............. will there be some kind of cosmetic pieces for the RHW-4?... it'd be awesome.

They're eventually planned. 

As far as the Neighbor Connectors, I had originally intended to try to do a tutorial right around release time, but RL's been rather busy lately and I just haven't had time.  Uni's done for me tomorrow afternoon, so maybe soon after that.

-Alex

el_cozu

Quote from: Tarkus on June 07, 2010, 02:21:13 PM
They're eventually planned. 

As far as the Neighbor Connectors, I had originally intended to try to do a tutorial right around release time, but RL's been rather busy lately and I just haven't had time.  Uni's done for me tomorrow afternoon, so maybe soon after that.

-Alex

thanks man! take care!

Kitsune

are the concrete barriers found on the compact networks easily found to relot?
~ NAM Team Member

TEG24601

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 06, 2010, 02:33:17 PM
The point of FLEXFly is that you place the piece in the position you want, demolish the construction tile, and draw RHW under and through FLEXFly. You can also do it by placing it on top of an existing RHW.

Thanks, that was my point of confusion, because in the FAQ included, it says you can draw your own, by placing diagonal RHW pieces.

I did get it to work, I just wanted some clarification.

TEG

Highrise99

I discovered that you can make tunnels with the RHW!  However, the entrance and exit are nothing but holes in the terrain.

Is this normal?

Andreas

"Yes", but those tunnels will not work as expected, and naturally, they don't look exactly great. ;)
Andreas

GDO29Anagram

Here's something I drew together some time ago.

(OK I took snapshots of the transition pieces and edited them...)

The shape of the transitions I drew are based off of the RHW 4 to RHW 6c transition, where the RHW 4 part has a one tile gap between the two directions of traffic.

The current 6s to 6c and 8s to 6c transitions don't have a gap between the two directions of traffic, which is why I drew this picture together; The proposed pieces have a one-tile gap, reminiscent to the RHW 4 to 6c transition.

I'm hoping for the implementation of the "shape" of the 4 to 6c transition piece for the following:

- 6s to 6c (A variation of the existing transition piece...)
- 8s to 8c (Doesn't exist yet...)
- 6s to 8c (I didn't draw a picture for that one, but also a variation of the existing transition piece...)
- 8s to 6c (Doesn't exist yet...)

Keep in mind that I'm not one of the people who creates these things, let alone test them (It'd be awesome if I were...); I'm just a fanboy with crazy ideas...

Crazy enough to work...? Perhaps the kind of crazy that would work... When I'm dead...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Nego

:shocked2: WOW! :shocked2:

Those are great transitions for the RHW Mod, GDO29Anagram! Nice work. :thumbsup: Have you drawn up anything else, because I'm sure that it's just as great as what your showing here.
&apls &apls Excellent Work &apls &apls

And yes, ya DO "gotta love the RHW mod..."

:)

Highrise99, if you transition to OWR or Avenue, you can make that interchange fully functional. But yah, just like Andreas said, tunnels for the RHW will probably never be possible, because of the way they're coded. Sorry to disappoint...

:(

Haljackey

Not a bad design! A lot of users (myself included) leave a one tile gap often in the uncompressed networks. It's a good spot to add lights, supports, a custom median, etc. Having that connect smoothly to an 6-C or 8-C network would be very neat to see.

MandelSoft

Well, I can tell you good news...

Among some of the pieces I made for the next RHW version, the RHW-6C to 6S transistion is already included.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

thats an extensive selection, thankyou Maarten :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

io_bg

Already can't wait for the next RHW release $%Grinno$% :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Those look awesome!  &apls  I hadn't even thought to hope for 6s/c transitions with a median like that but as I like using a median tile they'll be much appreciated! Those parallel RHW4 "S"-curves look sweet to. Any plans for more "S"-curves for wider networks?

Nego

I agree with noahclem. I find myself in too many situations are I need an "S"-curve for a wider network other than RHW-4, but don't have one. Those would be great.

:)

debutterfly

Is there FLUP ramp pieces for RHW-4? I know there is for RHW-2. It says to rotate for more ramp pieces but i've rotated the RHW-2 through 4 loops with no success of getting the RHW-4 ramp.

Larry (debutterfly)

Haljackey

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: debutterfly on June 12, 2010, 07:14:33 AM
Is there FLUP ramp pieces for RHW-4? I know there is for RHW-2.

They only have a FLUP piece for the RHW-2 entrance right now. There's no RHW-4 FLUP piece as of yet.

Also, maybe it's just me but I think that the RHW FLUPs deserve their own menu icon... Maybe when there are more FLUPs...?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums