• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Sweet to finally see one of these MHW-based RHW bridges I've heard about for so long! And, since the situation in which two parallel bridges is least appropriate is long spans it's great to have something specifically meant for those first  :thumbsup:

...and sorry to inquire but -- is there anything in the works for RHW-6? And has anyone heard from Choco of any progress with the MHW-based wide-RHW bridges?

Tarkus

choco still lurks on occasion, but mentioned in his thread about 3 months ago he was planning on changing jobs and would have virtually no free time as a result.  He has, however, passed on his RHW-8 and RHW-10 bridges along with a few others.

-Alex

Monorail Master

..............."Alert sound"
"Too much awesomeness!!! He can't hold on much longer!!!"
"OPEN THE DROOL-GATE DOORS!"
*they open*
*Me drools a waterfall*

This is so awesome! I can't wait for the bridges!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

samerton

ERHW-8 and ERHW-10...? Wow... that's... amazing.... I wish you the best of luck for this and future projects!
Thanks for your time and effort for a project for us all to enjoy.  :)

jondor

[EDIT: Moving development of this mod to a new thread here.]
So.................

What happens if you combine the traffic volume data view with the region transport view?

This:

Becomes this!

There are a few caveats.  In order to get the roads and streets to stay relatively the same color, they changed to cyan to counteract the pinkish overlay.  (The streets are still a little pink at the moment)  Puzzle pieces (TuLEPs, wide curves, and bridges, etc) and diagonals show up in cyan or pink because the two overlays don't quite line up.

But for some, this alternative might be better than RHW not showing up at all.  $%Grinno$%

It's not quite ready for release, I want to do a little more tweaking with the colors.  But if any NAM people want the dat for testing, I'll be happy to pass it along.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Monorail Master

jondor: Very interesting! Good job on that. That would be nice if it becomes availible for download sometime soon, but sadly, we have to be patient.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

jondor

Here's the basic premise:

I added the highlighted properties from the car volume data view.  The color ramp uses a slightly more transparent version of the Highway color for all values.  The rest involves changing the colors in the regional transport map exemplar to correct the color shift.  Unfortunately, the game applies the volume data view on top of the transport view, so it may be easier to recolor the whole view and make the highways white to avoid some of the color correction work.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

el_cozu

you might wanna rephrase this...

"1. Why doesn't the RHW show up on the Region Transport Map View in-game?  Can this issue be fixed?

This issue cannot be fixed.  It's simply not possible.  "

jondor

Quote from: el_cozu on August 01, 2010, 06:16:16 PM
you might wanna rephrase this...

"1. Why doesn't the RHW show up on the Region Transport Map View in-game?  Can this issue be fixed?

This issue cannot be fixed.  It's simply not possible.  "

Technically, this is another workaround a little like the drawpaths workaround.  This one is just a bit more refined.  It actually highlights any and all networks that support car traffic and then uses the regional transport view settings to differentiate the networks again.

metarvo

Good work, Jondor.  I'll be watching to see where you go next with this promising find.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

jondor

Okay, so this is (almost) totally unrelated to the transport data view above and a completely accidental find that's marginally RHW related:

In SimCityLocale.dat, entry #3513
QuoteTo me, pavement is a wonderful thing - the hard smooth surface, the extreme heat on a summers day. But it can be costly to create and maintain. If you are looking to save a few simoleons you might consider <a href="#link_id#game.tool_plop_network(network_tool_types.DIRT_ROAD)">dirt roads</a > as an alternative. There's something special about the bumpy ride and billows of dust that only an unpaved path can provide. And what a boon to our local car wash owners!

And in case it turns out it's in a different location in someone else's files, the IID id is: 0x0BF0384D

Looks like this really was supposed to be a rural dirt road, which might be another reason why Maxis didn't have it show in the transport map.

jdenm8

Yeah, the NAM team have known about the 'Dirt Road' network for a long time. They thought that instead of dirt roads, how about another Motorway system?

LOL at the dialogue box text though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

samerton

Has anyone else noticed this? It's on all of the wide curve pieces... I don't think it's significant.. but I just wanted to let you all know. It might have even been reported before... sorry if it has.

deathtopumpkins

I believe that path is just a dummy path added onto that tile if the piece to ensure that it has one, because if not all tiles have paths the game lags when you plop the piece.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Nazrah

Fantastic job with this mod guys, however I really really look forward to wider bridges, any news on that?

p.s. Im kinda n00b, but I got many ideas and would like to help mod developers. If u got any kind of way to help you, just let me know.

Blue Lightning

Narzrah:
Quote from: Blue Lightning on July 31, 2010, 11:08:28 AM
The RHW-4 Compact Plain Suspension bridge is now released on the STEX. LINK
Eventually, choco's bridges (which include RHW-6S, 8S, and 10S bridges) will be released, and I plan on finishing the 6C bridges sometime.

Psst, Alex, can this be stuck in the sticky?
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jdenm8

Well, considering it's paths are patchy at best in LHD... I've only found two four tiles on a recently constructed bridge that actually work and have paths. The rest are as functional as... Tissue paper floors...

I can provide screenies if you want them.

jdenm8

Seeing that it's been... three days since the last post, I think I can double-post this.

I made a mosaic of the problem with the bridge and am posting it here (due to the lack of anywhere else to post it). It links to the full-size Zoom 5 shot.

BIG BIG PIC WARNING. 3636x1424

It's a nice bridge, apart from the fact that it doesn't work :P

Internet_Exploder

That's a pity, it looks like a real nice bridge too...  :'(

EDIT: Reply #7000! :D