• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 09, 2010, 06:18:07 AM
It's a nice bridge, apart from the fact that it doesn't work :P

Appears it will need some LHD paths in order to work in your case . . . it's odd that it figured out how to flip the one in the middle, but not the rest of the bridge.

-Alex

samerton

@ Internet_Exploder : you're reply #7001  ;)

Blue Lightning

I'll upload a path fix soon, depending on how it works. If it works, then I'll upload it. If it doesn't, you're going to have to wait for a new bridge controller to come out.

Funny thing is, all of those paths are on the "dummy" tiles (tiles that just have a flat S3D and a path, instead of the full model)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jdenm8

Hm... Okay. That RHW-2 bridge is the one it's replacing and it's not having too many issues so I can wait and I have yet to nut out the intersection on the southern end  :thumbsup:. Choco's new HSR bridges have much the same issue, but I don't think I'm going to see LHD paths for them, unless I do them myself...

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

ebina

Quote from: Blue Lightning on August 09, 2010, 12:59:44 PM
Funny thing is, all of those paths are on the "dummy" tiles (tiles that just have a flat S3D and a path, instead of the full model)

A rule in the UK path remapping section of the network INI handles 0x33 bridges, but only 0x33NNNNN0 pieces. Since IID of the dummy tile is 0x33170001 the game didn't catch the piece.

;RHW Bridges
1   = 0x33000000,0xFF00000F,0x3300000F,0x00FFFFF0 ;Custom RHW Bridges Draggable

When I asked IID range for LHD, Jeronij suggested remapping 0x3NNNNNN0 into 0x3NNNNNNF. I didn't assume that 1-F will be assigned to the eighth digit since then. Please consider avoiding assigning at least 8-F to the eighth digit of 0x3 bridge pieces. They can be used for LHDified 0-7 whenever needed.

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 09, 2010, 03:56:46 PM
Choco's new HSR bridges have much the same issue...

Will be resolved in the next NAM release. Before the May 2010 release I divided LHD files for HSR bridges into another file but it didn't work well (and not included into the release). New version of NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_LEFT_HAND_VERSIONS_ONLY_Required_Additional_Plugin.dat will contain LHD files for any bridges except for RHW bridges.

SPygkeren

which RHW 3.0 file i must remove from the plugins folder??? ()what()

MandelSoft

All of them. The folder called "Rural Highway Mod" should be removed from your NAM folder. The new version is called "Real Highway Mod" and should be present in your NAM folder
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

SPygkeren

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 11, 2010, 07:28:39 AM
All of them. The folder called "Rural Highway Mod" should be removed from your NAM folder. The new version is called "Real Highway Mod" and should be present in your NAM folder

thx so much ;D
it;s work perfectly &apls

i want to create more highway with this mod! :thumbsup:

pagenotfound

I wonder if anyone has tried this before. I have a flexfly piece over a TuLEP intersection piece. It plops but the part over the TuLEP, including the paths, disappear. Any idea?
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

MattyFo

I haven't tried that exactly, although I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to put a FLEXFLY piece over the tile where a RHW started to go diagonal.  My best guess was that this happens when the FLEXFLY goes over something it is not compatible with.  Hopefully Alex or somebody from the NAM team can come by and confirm this.

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Blue Lightning

Well, see, FLEXFly doesn't have the power to "fly" over puzzle pieces or setups that have not been supported yet (ie diagonals). They might eventually, and if you place FLEXFly on road or OWR in a certain place, it will work. FLEXFly is inherently designed to "drop out" in unsupported circumstances (aka the game forces it). So usually you can tell if something works or not depending on how it looks.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce the release of RealHighway Mod Version 4.1!  The content in the version is listed below:

• Numerous improvements to the Neighbor Connector pieces, including the elimination of the unnecessary arrows and the "Eastside" placement issues on multi-tile Neighbor Connectors.
    IMPORTANT! As the fix for the "Eastside" issue required reorienting the puzzle piece, you will need to rebuild any and all RHW-6C, RHW-8S or RHW-10 Neighbor Connections.
  • Several pathing issues fixed.
  • Textures reprocessed to improve quality, particularly for Zoom 3.
  • Wealth-level issues fixed on several ramp interfaces.
  • Numerous improvements to FLEXFly system, including increased stability and one additional piece (all found under the RHW Curves TAB Loop)
  • Sharp 90-degree draggable curve added to EMIS network.
  • New Curved Ground-to-Elevated MIS Transition pieces added.
  • The RHW-6S now has a higher capacity than the RHW-4.
  • The Elevated RHW-4 and MIS networks now have draggable orthogonal-orthogonal crossings over RHW-6S, RHW-6C, RHW-8S and RHW-10.
  • Universal Lot Editor Textures and Path Files added to support third-party RHW-related Lots.

Here are the links:

RealHighway Mod Version 4.1
Windows | MacOS

You'll also need the following in order for RHW 4.1 to work:

Network Addon Mod Version 29
Windows | MacOS

NAM Essentials Version r84 is not required.  All the files contained in it are already in NAM Version 29. 

Hope you all enjoy the latest version, and thanks again for your continued support!

-Alex

Aldini10

citybuilderx

Thank you. I am looking forward to testing this in game.  ;)
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

travismking

This problem here apparently occurred after i installed the new nam (or I just didnt notice it before :p) ... anyone know what could cause it to show the wrong intersection like this but not on the other side?

io_bg

At the right side you've used RHW 2 and at the left one - a Maxis road ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

travismking

nope both are RHW 2, my roads dont have yellow lines... could it be because i went from the transition piece to the intersection in 1 tile? I've seen goofy textures appear for this reason before but I dont really wanna rebuild the intersection to test it out ;p

actually your right, the actual intersection was road but the rest was RHW *facepalm*

jdenm8

Okay... My first findings are promising, I've only come across a few token bugs none of which really affect gameplay.

All the images in this post are in my native resolution (1366x768), in fact, they're straight from the game, that's why they're only links.

First, texture issues.

Texture issues:
I had several texture issues, most of which I repaired myself (an out-of-date file) but others have arisen.

All MIS to EMIS transitions (including the curving one) appear to have no textures in the preview but do after they have been placed. (Another user has confirmed this bug in an RHD game)
Picture available in this post: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg339767#msg339767

On puzzle pieces (I can't remember which ones), the shared inside lane texture on RHW-6S, RHW-8S and RHW-10 is missing in the preview but appears to function normally in-game. I don't know if it is related to those mods.

RHW-2 when passing under Elevated rail has no texture. I play with MoonLight's Japanese mod and the ElRail Facelift mod and this occurred both times I loaded the game. (this also happens with the monorail mod in that picture, but that happened back in RHW v3 too, it's the monorail mod, not RHW)
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_6_aug_5201281862334.png

Pathing issues:
An FARHW-4 pathing issue I reported earlier doesn't seem to have been repaired. I still can't UDI past that point and Automata still don't use that lane (normally).

General issues:
The advertised small 90 degree EMIS curve doesn't seem to want to work. It just reverts to RHW-2 past where the EMIS begins its curve.
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_13_jul_5211281863820.png

I remember there being a Starterless ERHW-4 to RHW-4 transition but I'm not 100% sure. I think there was and if there was, it's missing now from the tab ring.

ERHW-4 Ortho to Diag doesn't have textures (still) in the same direction.
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_9_jul_5211281863803.png

The LHD fix for Transition arrows needs to be undone before playing the game after installation. Leaving it as-is can cause some... interesting... bugs like the textures on every tile of the 2xRHW-8S to RHW-6C and 2xMIS exit setup becoming the multi-colour, missing texture tile.
Image: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jdenm8/RHW/Bugs/hunters_straight_6_feb_5211281863019.png

That's all I've come across so far while playing. Some might be bad caches of my mod folder (It's been happening lately, I don't have a clue why, fluggi's extra cheats not working is a good indication - it loads absolutely last in my plugins) and might not reoccur. If that happens, I'll post them here.

I also liked the new (and partially incomplete) road textures in the new NAM :thumbsup:
Down with 90o gutters!

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Korot

Another bug I noticed:

No matter what I tried, those two tiles refused to point in the proper direction. Well, the left one did a couple of times, but reverted back immediately I tried getting the right one to stand in line. Oh, and I've got the feeling the whole thing got a lot less stable with the new release, when trying to construct interchanges.

Regards,
Korot

MandelSoft

I've never had that issue before. Maybe it's because I use the starterless variant of the curved MIS transistion. Try that and see if the starters may cause the problem...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE