• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lexington County

Started by amapper, August 30, 2007, 05:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 2!

Wonderful new pictures, amapper! Great work on that airport! Also the others are great! :thumbsup:

paroch

Nice update there amapper.

I like the hotel with tennis park - look good together and I can imagine that set up near an airport like London Gatwick.

As for the airport - I don't remember ever seeing a RL airport with runways that cross but I know many MD'ers do this.  Maybe our airports in the UK are small and uncomplicated but do US airports have runways that cross? (flying to Las Vegas next month so need to know whether to keep my eyes closed on landing  ;) ).  I'll need to put an airport in my MD soon - onlyhave Maxis airport so far.  Where did you get your airport stuff?  I know there are a few packs out there, so interested to hear your views on the pros and cons of the set you use - thanks.

Look forward to next update.

amapper

bat - Thanks, glad you are enjoying the MD so far.
paroch - Here is a list of the airport packs and lots I use.

rooker1

I love the industrial area.  Looks so good, realistic, great work.  And in the next update the airport look great as well.  I can't wait until everything is filled in.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

meinhosen

Beautiful work!  There's a lot of good stuff (landscape, towns, airports) that give your MD a LOT of potential.  I'll be tuning in.  :)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

amapper

Replies:

rooker1 - Thanks for the visit. The first development is taking shape with more to follow. As the city/county grows there will be a major frieght terminal and an aircraft maintenance facility.
meinhosen - Thank you. One of the most important things that needs to be done is to add more residential areas to increase growth. That will enable larger scale things to happen. Also in the cards: one or two legs of interstate highways.

Update 3:

rooker1

Awesome shots of your small town and airport.  I really like the industrial sector as well.  I can't wait to see how you fill in the areas between each of these sectors.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

pickled_pig

The industrial areas in this MD are no short of amazing.  I really envy your skill and attention to detail in the airport area.

-aaron

amapper

Replies:

rooker1 - Glad you are enjoying the MD. The airport will continue to expand as the region grows.
pickled_pig - I hope the airport will get a lot more detailed and complex as it grows.

Update 4:

thundercrack83

Excellent job, amapper! Your residential areas look fantastic, and I love the airport from the last update! I'll be looking forward to more!

bat

A great looking update 3 & 4! Wonderful picture of your city! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Fantastic update.  I really like the residential area, very nice looking.  I also like the way you did the bridges over the highway.  That's how I do them, when ever I can.  I think it's more realistic.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

paroch

Nice updates there.

Your region is coming along very nicely. 

I think there is a feeling of space about the place that gives a nice feel.

In the Logistics and Distribution Centre, I like the building that is near the top - orange brick walls with a blue zig-zag roof.  Do you know what it is called and where I can download it.  I could do with that one - thanks.

I lok forward to more.

Paroch

amapper

Quote from: paroch on September 14, 2007, 12:56:18 PM

In the Logistics and Distribution Centre, I like the building that is near the top - orange brick walls with a blue zig-zag roof.  Do you know what it is called and where I can download it.  I could do with that one - thanks.

Paroch

The building is part of a package called: Logistics Centres MegaPack.

Logistics Centres MagaPackhttp://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=16119

It requires these dependencies (I am not sure if they are available on this site. If so, then please download them here.):

Dependencies:
- Warehouses BATProps Part A Warehouses BATProps Part Ahttp://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=15582
AND Warehouses BATProps Part B Warehouses BATProps Part Bhttp://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=15583
(these are the BATs)

- BSC Mega Props JES Vol01
- BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 01 BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 01http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=15287

Gretta

Very realistic, goood job. Keep up the good work...!

&apls

nedalezz

Great couple of updates, amapper. The airport is one of the most realistic I've seen, and I loved the overview shot of the city.

amapper

Trying a paper for the MD. The format may change a little at first so
bear with me.

thundercrack83

Love the newspaper, amapper! Very good job with the graphics! Keep up the good work!

Asimov

That looks like a peaceful and well planned place to live, well done, looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

I liked the newspaper format. With the opening of the new airport, surely commerce will pick up a bit in the region.