• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your NHP Mapped Regions

Started by papab2000, November 02, 2008, 06:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papab2000

Hi all,

I am starting this thread in hopes that all of you that are using a NHP mapped region will post a picture here. The NHP team has many maps out on the LEX and STEX and many more to come. It would give us great pleasure to see the maps in use.  ;)  Please feel free to show off your NHP regions.  :)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

RickD

Hi,

I'm building on "Kinbasket Lake" by Beskhu3epnm and HabLeUrG for over a year now (with breaks) but I'm nowhere near finished. I tend to bulldoze whole cities when I'm not happy with the development. And then all this exciting new custom content like the RHW and soon the FARR that I absolutely need to have in my region.  ::) Well, it seems like I will never get this finished.

1:1 image here (4576x2462, 1,5Mb): http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kinbasketlakelargedm5.jpg

Thanks to all members of the NHP team for all those great maps.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

WC_EEND

just a small question, what terrain mod do you use? I like the look of it
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

RickD

It is a mix of different terrain mods. I switched several times because some mods give better results in certain areas. I am still trying to find the perfect one though  &mmm. If you look closely you can see the borders of the city tiles where the colors change. It is partly Italia, Meadowshire and good old Columbus.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

papab2000

RickD,

Great job  :thumbsup: Amazing you can keep track of three terrain mods for you region.  ;) I am glad to that you got this thread moving.  ;) I think this is going to be a great place to see what others are doing with the NHP maps.  :)

Heblem

RickD, great to see how you have been working on my map (that I modified, i was HabLeUrG)

papab2000, nice idea about this thread  :thumbsup:

art128

RickD => nice work on that region  &apls one question, where do you get this region ? I can't find it .....

there's a time of my MD used The Est Of Reno  :thumbsup: but my computer had some problem, and the region has gone from my computer....
As you can see, I lower the floor to the left and add a small part of a lac-sea  :D

Clik to see in full resolution
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

papab2000

Art,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your region. I hope you will start it again. You can get the map RickD is using on the STEX. Just do a search for Kinbasket Lake and it will pop up.  ;)

blade2k5

RickD - Very, very nice my friend.  I love what you've done with that map.  I was hinking of working on it myself, but with so many maps in my vualts to choos from.....well, you can imagine the indecision :D  Thanks for sharing your pic :thumbsup:

art128 - That looks really good Arthur.  Thanks for sharing that with us and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your region....I know all to well about PC's burping and suddenly some very important stuff just magically disappears.  Downright irritating.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

M4346

I just thought I'd show off my rendition of Troy and Rich's latest masterpiece! One of my absolute favourite maps EVER - the greater Washington DC Metropolitan Area.  ;D

In rendering this I also discovered my new favourite terrain mod - CP's Italia Terrain Mod (which I used here with the Meadowshire River Tree Controller).

I like the overall effect and I think this map of DC and surrounding areas in MD and VA is just PERFECT!

Check out the full 90 tile region image here -> Click!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000

blade2k5

Very, very nice!  Even though you only sprinkled some tress about, it gives the region a whole new look.  Excellent work my friend :thumbsup:

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

M4346

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't want entire forests on it because I'm so much of a tree hugger that when I build, I try to build as much as possible AROUND the trees!  $%Grinno$%

I usually add more trees in parks and 'nature reserve' areas as soon as I start developing the region. As a South African I love nature and it is usually reflected in very tree-ified cities in SC4!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000

papab2000

Nice start  :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing it grow.  ;)

blade2k5

Quote from: M4346 on November 22, 2008, 02:23:53 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I didn't want entire forests on it because I'm so much of a tree hugger that when I build, I try to build as much as possible AROUND the trees!  $%Grinno$%

I usually add more trees in parks and 'nature reserve' areas as soon as I start developing the region. As a South African I love nature and it is usually reflected in very tree-ified cities in SC4!  ;D

Now that is something I'm looking forward to seeing :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Here is mine

I don't remember the name of it, but I know I scaled it down

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

papab2000

blade2k5

I know exactly what map that is Wou :thumbsup: because I made it and it's where I was born and raised ;D  It's my first real-world map converted from DEM and it's Santa Barbara-Goleta-Isla Vista California.

And I have to say you've done a wonderful job with it.  Where you added more land is where Goleta Beach is with the pier :D pretty much near the airport.

cammo2003

That Washington DC map looks delicious. I plan on working with it once my main box is working again (still down after months due to funding issues).

M4346: You've done a great job in tree-ifying that region (looks like I'm not the only one that uses that word, lol, though I usually omit the hyphen).

blade2k5

I recently began working on one of our NHP maps, the Okayama-Takamatsu Japan map found in Japan Map Pak #1.....here's the regional image.....

And here is where I've begun this region, which I call the Cutlass Straits, in which I try my hand at creating ponds with plopable water, rocks, bushes, grass, trees, lily pads........you get the idea :D  On my first try, I created three sunken ponds and laid out some zoning and spent roughly 6 hours working on this city I named Tambow.  Enjoy :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Amazing Troy !

The pond closeup is really nice to see

And your zoning layout follow the relief  :thumbsup:

but if you spend 6 hours for that, you'll finish that region in 2050 :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4