• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

I haven't exactly been pounding on your beta, Bud- but the general stuff I've done with it seems very solid.  Nothing anomalous yet, in other words.  I'll keep you posted.

On another note, you are invited to join the RAM Team.  You find that if if you head over to that area of the forums, you might see some interesting new stuff.  The team thinks your work would be a perfect fit, and we hope to see you over there soon.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

Congrats on the RAM team! I've been messing around with the beta and haven't run into any problems. Of course , since you know what your doing (unlike me ;D) , should I be surprised? Oh , and that ramp is looking great...just wish it wasn't such a pain!

Jayson

buddybud

just an update. i've managed to finish changing all the ramp configurations. I will use the same models for 1 ways. Avenues won't be touched only ave/nonintersection/elhiway will be added.

anyways here's the picture. i essentially cloned the wanted groups within the original models. Rather mundane but worth the effort. i just have to set up the t21's now. i didn't plan on doing the ground highway but the models are almost identical so i thought why not.

new beta for highways in a couple days most likely.

edit...i might add that if anyone has ideas on if these should be made into intersictions kinda like the one in the bottom right i'm all ears. Textures can easily be changed and props added....etc. i myself just want to focus on getting the base mod together but from there the possibilities are quite large.

bud

sithlrd98

&apls Honestly , I think intersections would be the best...but that's just me :)

Jayson

buddybud

i would agree....

getting to those files by the way  ::) lol

Bud....

honestly.....heh

sithlrd98

Take your time , its not like you're busy or anything ()testing() Thanks again :thumbsup:

Jayson

girlfromverona

I just downloaded the beta on the previous page - looking forward to trying it out! You are doing some excellent work here.  :thumbsup:

JoeST

I agree the blank intersection look better, thanks for doing this :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metarvo

I would say that the intersection looks better.  IMHO, it is more realistic.  Keep up the good work, Bud.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

buddybud

thanks guys....

well this is the real deal. After much trouble i got it all working. If you look at the high wealth sidewalk under the highway you'll notice its missing. There was no way to place wealth next to it to trigger it. I solved this by using overhanging sidewalk s3d props as seen for the low wealth intersection. This means i can trigger all situations except for where people use a cross intersection directly next to these intersection. I think i could be done with rul files and also a little diagonal transit enabled lot could be plunked down. But whatever it still works for everything else. I must say it looks much more fluid and realistic...though minor i am quite content. Changing the in game models was a nightmare and after this i doubt if i'll do it again. I split the models into network tile and ramps. The ramps patched the original ramps and the network tile was turned into a prop and place via a t21. Making the flips were a nightmare to figure out. If you simply invert a model it will not show up. you have to then flip all the triangles. Once i figured that out it worked smoothly enough. I like the intersection though i think i need dave to do proper textures......nudge nudge..0x8A3EA8AE simcity2.dat...nudge.

Anyways i got some stuff to do stuff to.

bud.

Andreas

Wow, that looks splendid! I can imagine the amount of work that went into those, but the result surely paid off! Now you only need to adjust the color shift between the textured network and the S3D models (ebina did that for the in-game stuff, so he might be the one who can help you best). :)
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

Whoa! That is looking GREAT bud! Lots of groundbreaking stuff going on lately.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sithlrd98

You have been busy the last 24 hours , haven't you? Please tell me you are backing up , and backing up the back-ups and , well you get the idea! :thumbsup:

Jayson

buddybud

thanks sithird...ill remember

thanx also deathtopumkins

Thanx again andreas. Just finding out about that now.

hey guys.

been busy this last week...got a little visual update. One good thing is that with the exception of a couple flips all the nam on/off ramps just worked.....nothing needed to be done. So here's where it stands. This portion of my mod has turned from underpasses to ramps/underpasses, just because their models work together, leading me to either change both or none.

the diagonals aren't truely slope conforming yet but thats to much work at the moment. As for the nam aspect i decided to do the last two remaing off ramps. i took the liberty of changing the texture also. I've gotten better at making them. I like the configuration myself. Any ideas' ?

To everyone i promised stuff for, i'm getting on that now.

Cheers.

Bud.

swat-medic

sithlrd98

You definitely are crossing into some excellent upgrades!  &apls  Not too sure about the last 2 pics , I like the arrows but the road looks a little odd to me. As far as the color shift , if I am understanding correctly, you might want to run the textures through photoshop , using color match and settling on a value between 60 and 70 ...that's how I did the road and avenue curves. That was the only way I knew of to compensate , but I'm sure there are others.
Looking forward to a beta  :P

Jayson

buddybud

Quote from: sithlrd98 on January 27, 2009, 05:34:29 PM
Not too sure about the last 2 pics , I like the arrows but the road looks a little odd to me.

Jayson

thanx for the color info.

post a better 1 tile solution for this intersection and i'll be glad to use it. I can add it in about 2 min. Infact a texture patch could be used to alter it either back to the default or to to something different, or it's texture id's could be altered directly.

bud

JoeST

that is AWESOME :o

maybe this should be integrated with the NAM?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Howling

Hey Buddybud,

Your El-Rail mod is looking incredibly fantastic! What happened to it? A few pages back... gone are the green El-Rails :| Not that the rest isn't awesome :D I couldn't find a reason in the posts though.

The El-Rails are incredibly good in an urban environment - a dense environment at that.  &apls

Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!