• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

slip lanes for that model only. otherwise i have to redo rul files and thats beyond me at the moment. on a different front.....

not so exciting (except to me)

my first attempt at fully slope conforming s3d bits great for bendable network ramps and such. They use the same design principle as the props found in my diagonal slope conforming prop tutorial, minus the lods. This is just one triangle s3d prop repeated 4 times on a tile. I will now attempt to build the other 3. Essentially i'm using the UV method Smoncrie used for his recent work so 1 texture will be used on all four props but the uv settings will only show the appropriate quarter. I got the uv settings and model worked out i just have to flip and rotate stuff now.

heres the 128x128 texture i used to configure the uv settings...it might be helpful to others.

buddybud

Hi guys....

I'd like to call for some assistance. As of late i've been told that some things i've implemented in my sidewalk beta will not work even though they seem to work for me.

So far only one problem was reported by j-dub who never provided any information..... ??? That leaves 17 others who have downloaded the file and seem to have no problems. I'd like to hear from others. Post pictures if want, of problems or of good usage. I need some feedback. I don't play the game and if i did i wouldn't have time to mod. But if play i must, then i will......

If anyone would like to beta test officially that would be great. I can start a private thread for that if it helps.

Cheers.
Bud

deathtopumpkins

Well I'm one of those people who downloaded and didn't post, but I got to mess around with it, and it appears that your beta is not compatible with Maarten's HRS. And I have yet to start the game without it installed (as I plan to to breaktest this).
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

buddybud

thanks dtp.

I appreciate the response. Thats two mods it's not compatible with. I expect its simply using the same t21's. I can work with that and make compatibility patches if needed.

Keep me informed of any other issues or conflicts.
Cheers.

Bud.

edit. I just looked at the HRS mod by Maarten and he has altered some of the same pieces i have. I should still be able to make it compatible though.

sithlrd98

I am not using the HRS mod , and I have only noticed small things with your mod. I have noticed that when you drag an avenue under the EL rail , it appears there is no texture.But if you re draw the avenue , everything is fine. The same kinda thing was observed with the sidewalk under the Elevated highway , except if you just move to another spot , all is fine. Of course there is no support for monorail or HSRP , but I already knew that. The only texture issue I noticed is with ground highway avenue off ramp , and forgive me if this is not one of your pieces...can't remember :)
I think that the "maxis"wealth texture matches well as I am using my white sidewalk mod and didn't notice any problems. I have tested this in a new city with almost 3 gigs of content and didn't have any adverse problems.

Under highway no sidewalk, but move or zoom and your good!

I only spent about 30-40 min. so I didn't test every combination , but since I messed with this a few days ago and didn't give any real feed back I thought I'd post some pics so people know that it is working!

Jayson

CaptCity

Here's a couple images of examples of what I described earlier when using the EL Facelift Mod... Just in case anyone has similar issues...

Road under Elrail - Large concrete texture

Avenue under Elrail - No median

As I mentioned, taking out the Facelift Mod eliminates these issues.

Here's a couple showing all things good... :thumbsup:

buddybud

Again thankyou very much sthlrd98 and Captcity. That is more comforting. I'm not sure what causes the avenue under elrail problem but i'll looking into that for the next beta. And incompatibility will surely arise.

The method i used was that all of the intersections models were replaced using default network models with nothing below. The content below is triggered by the t21 and are the s3d props and for some reason the the avenue under el doesn't like this. But a simple redraw is far from the worst thing. But i will still try to fix it.

Also every sidewalk mod used will need a patch made. If you let me know which one your using i'll start with that just for an example. It's only three textures afterall.

Cheers again...
Everyone is welcome to comment and will be appreciated.

Bud

edit thanks for the update CaptCity

girlfromverona

Looking good! Have just downloaded the latest beta.  :thumbsup:

sithlrd98

Quote from: buddybud on February 08, 2009, 06:09:24 PM
Also every sidewalk mod used will need a patch made. If you let me know which one your using i'll start with that just for an example. It's only three textures afterall.

Presently, I'm using this

Jayson

Edit I forgot to mention , if/when you do the monorail and HSRP, I am also using the HSRP Shinkansen patch and the Shinkansen monorail mod.

buddybud

Here ya go Sthlord98  :thumbsup:

replace the STandSW_Testure01.dat with the one found below and your mod works with mine. That type of patch took about 5min to make and test!!!!

Now build me a City!!!....lol

Bud

thanks Girlfromverona, those be kind words.  :P

sithlrd98

buddybud

got the uv settings for the four triangles set up. Essentially this four props that use the same texture just repositioned. I forgot to change the slope tolerance but it still worked pretty well though not exactly perfect. I added a line in photoshop so you could see the slope. i used texture 0x00000f0e for this...it's not mine.

seems we have something workable for the bottom of those diag ramps and such.

cheers.

LE0

If these could be made functional could they be in the next NAM? :thumbsup:

some awesome work here
Leoland coming Spring 2009

buddybud

Quote from: LE0 on February 12, 2009, 08:15:09 AM
If these could be made functional could they be in the next NAM? :thumbsup:

some awesome work here

Thank you Leo

They are already functional....Try the sidewalk beta to see how simpler versions were used to get the sidewalks to work under el and highway. As for the nam i can give you no insight there but i have already shared all of my work, ideas and discoveries to date. The only issue to date is some conflicts between t21's in two other mods that alter the same pieces...an entirely different issue that can't be avoided but should be able to be fixed if i can contact the maker of those mods. No different then any other conflict so really shouldn't be used to judge the other aspects of what i've designed.

sithlrd98

I'm sorry to sound dumb , but is this what you and Smoncrie were talking about for slope conforming props for my purpose? Also , on the Beta testing front , I still have not had any major issues with any of the pieces that you have done.

Jayson

buddybud

thanx sithlrd98, no questions are dumb my friend...only refusing to ask them is.

and yes thats exactly what i was talking about, but i can't speak for smoncrie. This is the sort of thing that potentially could be used for your far pieces.

sithlrd98

Great! Now I just need to try and wrap my head around that slope conforming tut , and just about everything that Smoncrie has written!  :thumbsup:

Jayson

nerdly_dood

You called this thread your "expansive attempts at anything and everything" and I think those efforts are working out quite nicely for you  :thumbsup:

Keep it up, I'd like to see a finished product released.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

buddybud

Thanks nerdly...

As seen in this previous picture i posted....there is actually much progress on the el....The sidewalks for the el rush hour configurations are complete (and shared in the beta, though will change a bit in set up and implementation). Also i've worked out how to implement and design my s3d props (final hurdle was above as slope conforming diags, using almost the same principle as applied in my nam tutorial for diag slope conforming BATed props from over a year ago). A while back i worked out a dual render method to make the batted structure much more appealing when viewed at oblique angles. Other then that i just have to bat the remaining models for the el itself and and put it together. My first attempt will be to complete the rushhour components to the el and also finalize the sidewalk for the el. (i will release them separately so people have a choice). Additionally as stated before the first beta will be static with very few items added below the el, which will be added over time. Oh and i need a station or two but as seen the basic design is complete there too...

cheers

choco

great stuff bud!  &apls

can't help with a station, but i have a bridge exemplar ready for this mod if ya like....  ;)  would need very minimal work.....

but we'll cross that bridge when you're ready.  i dont wanna impede any progress on these great projects!

-ryan