• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version June 2007

Started by Andreas, June 01, 2007, 03:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuskTrooper

Thanks to everyone who worked on the new NAM!  I particularly like the avenue roundabouts, which is a feature I have been anticipating for ages!

SC4, forevermore!

mjig_dudy

Now i'm soooo jealous! what lovely things you have done with the roundabout! But those parasols, the center of a large roundabout, not where I would choose to have my picnic  $%Grinno$%

mightygoose

stop teasing the poor fellows...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Andreas

Now that's a nice teaser indeed. Looks like a lovely place, although embedded in the rushing traffic. ;)
Andreas

A200

Quote from: callagrafx on June 02, 2007, 04:25:40 AM
Do all these again but install NAM BEFORE the NAM Essentials.

1) Do Cleanitol
2) Install NAM itself
3) Install the NAM Essentials
4) Install the bridges not included in NAM

Did that. ALL my roads disappeared, so of course my cities would become ghost towns. None of the new NAM things work, either.

jeronij

Very nice pic DT  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

What is it btw?¿. A custom lot?, a T21, it is really spectacular  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FromTheAshes

Sorry, I'll write this post in german, because it would be very hard for you to understand with my poor english, Andreas.

Also, ich habe den neuen NAM samt Essentials, Brücken und dem Mod für die Straßenbahnstationen (sollte die meisten bisher bekannten Stationen in einer Version beinhalten, die mit dem neusten NAM kompatibel ist) installiert. Leider habe ich seitdem überall im Spiel Lücken in den Menüs. Bei manchen zeigt er mir eine Beschreibung an, aber nie ein Icon. Auswählen kann ich diese LOTs auch nicht, der Cursor springt dann weiter zum nächsten funktionierende LOT. Dieses Problem war behoben, nachdem ich den NAM einfach mal kurz aus dem Plugin-ordner rausgeschmissen hatte.
Dann wäre da noch die Sache mit den Straßenbahnschienen... Es gibt da ja diesen LOT, den man als Startpunkt für die Schienen verwenden kann, indem in dem man normale Gleise drüber legt. Dieser LOT ist bei mir 1x4 Felder breit, vollkommen leer und hat keine Pfeile oder Ähnliches um die Richtung vorzugeben. Ich denke ich hab alle Möglichkeiten ausprobiert, eine Schiene darüber oder raus zu ziehen, aber es funktioniert einfach nicht.
Kannst du mir das vielleicht ein bisschen erklären? Vielleicht wurde es hier ja schon erklärt, aber wenns Englisch ist, kann es passieren, dass ich nicht alles mitkriege.
Freue mich auf deine Antwort!
Gruß
FTA
Visit Vorsfelde.

Andreas

@FromTheAshes: Wenn Du Lücken in den Menüs hast, dann wahrscheinlich deshalb, weil Du die kompletten Straßenbahnhaltestellen-Patches installiert hast und nicht nur die, von denen Du auch die Haltestellen selbst installiert hast. Im Download sind wie gesagt nur Patches enthalten, Du brauchst also nach wie vor die originalen Straßenbahnhaltestellen. Und bitte entferne alle Patches, zu denen Du die Stationen nicht installiert hast. Lege am besten die einzelnen Patches in genau die Ordner, in denen auch die Original-Straßenbahnhaltestellen enthalten sind (die Original-Lots nicht löschen!).

Wenn Deine Puzzleteile komisch aussehen oder nicht richtig angezeigt werden, hast Du garantiert noch irgendein Plugin installiert, was nicht mit dem neuen NAM kompatibel ist. Benutze auf alle Fälle mal die Cleanitol-Datei, und schaue auch nach einer Datei namens "z_connector_Jan 07.dat" - das ist diese Datei, die dem Nachbarstadt-Verbindungspuzzleteil für die Straßenbahn beigelegt war. Habe ich leider vergessen, in die Cleanitol-Datei aufzunehmen. Jedenfalls brauchst Du das Ding nicht mehr, weil man mit den ziehbaren Straßenbahngleisen auch so Verbindungen herstellen kann, genauso wie mit der Hochbahn.

In English:

If you happen to have gaps in the menu now, you probably installed all GLR station patches, and not only the ones that belong to the GLR station that you have installed. Also, those are only meant as patches, this means that you have to keep the original lots as well. In any case, remove all patch files for those stations that you don't have installed, but don't delete the original lots, those are still needed for the icons and stuff like this!

If some puzzle pieces are malfunctioning or if they aren't displayed properly, you have a conflicting plugin/other transit mod installed. I forgot to include a file called "z_connector_Jan 07.dat" in the Cleanitol file, this belongs to the GLR neighborhood connector piece, which is not necessary any longer and should be deleted. You should be able to use the draggable GLR to connect your GLR line to a neighboring city, just like with the el-rail.
Andreas

EDGE4194

Thank you Andreas and everyone else for your hard work.  &apls &apls &apls

ScottFTL

Is anyone else seeing "## Intersection placement string missing ##" with the puzzle pieces in the new NAM?

I am seeing this error when tabbing through the selections in certain puzzle pieces.  Specifically, here is where I see that problem:

- in the Road Puzzle Pieces between Road over GroundHighway Puzzle Piece (Diagonal) and RoadxRoad/OneWayRoad + Intersection
   - in the OneWayRoad Puzzle Pieces between OneWayRoad over GroundHighway Puzzle Piece (Diagonal) and OneWayRoadxOneWayRoad/Road + Intersection
   - in the Avenue Puzzle Pieces between Avenue over GroundHighway Puzzle Piece (Diagonal) and    Avenue x Highway Connector Piece
   - in the Rail Puzzle Pieces between Rail over GroundHighway Puzzle Piece (Diagonal) and RailxRail + Intersection
   - in the GroundLightRail Puzzle Pieces between GroundLightRailxRail Puzzle Piece and GroundLightRail Turn "Right" Puzzle Piece

I performed the following troubleshooting to hopefully prove that this is not a conflict with another plugin:
   1.  I uninstalled the NAM through Add/Remove Programs.
   2.  I copied my current \Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder to the desktop.
   3.  I deleted all content under \Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins, leaving an empty folder named Plugins.
   4.  I ran BSC Cleanitol using the Cleanitol_NetworkAddonMod input file includes with the June 2007 NAM and found no duplicate files.
   5.  I reinstalled the June 2007 NAM with the default options except for Automata Standard 24h and Perfect Pathfinding 5x Capacity 10x Speeds 10x Commute.
   6.  I reinstalled the June 2007 NAM Essentials.

After following these steps, I am still seeing the same problem with certain puzzle pieces.  I am running Windows Vista, which means that my Plugins folder is located in C:\Users\Scott\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins by default.  However, it does appear that the installers have places all files properly.

I hope I haven't done something stupid, but it does seem to me like there is a minor issue here.

--Scott

Gaston

Andreas,
        First of all I want to thank you and everyone else associated with the NAM2007.  This is some wonderful stuff.    However, I do have a few "problems" now that I didn't have before.

• 1) missing spots (gaps) in my misc. transit menu
    I think you addressed that with
FromTheAshes here
QuoteIf you happen to have gaps in the menu now, you probably installed all GLR station patches, and not only the ones that belong to the GLR station that you have installed.
  • 2) my road puzzle pieces do not show now.
They are there but not visable at any zoom.     I can try and provide a pic if you need it.    I haven't tried any of the other puzzle pieces (avenue, oneway, etc)   You may have addressed this here
QuoteIf some puzzle pieces are malfunctioning or if they aren't displayed properly, you have a conflicting plugin/other transit mod installed. I forgot to include a file called "z_connector_Jan 07.dat" in the Cleanitol file, this belongs to the GLR neighborhood connector piece, which is not necessary any longer and should be deleted.
But this didn't really seem related to the road puzzle pieces. (road over rail, road over blank, etc)
[/list]

While I was typing this ScottFTL seems to have asked the same a similar question.   LOL

QuoteAfter following these steps, I am still seeing the same problem with certain puzzle pieces.  I am running Windows Vista, which means that my Plugins folder is located in C:\Users\Scott\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins by default.  However, it does appear that the installers have places all files properly.
I am not running Vista, but instead running XP.

Hopefully someone can answer this problem.    :D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

snorrelli

"## Intersection placement string missing ##" - is most likely the icon for an intersection with rural highway (road X rural highway, GLR X rural highway, etc.). If you haven't installed the optional rural highway plugin then you get the blank placeholder when you cycle through the puzzle pieces...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

ScottFTL

Thanks, snorrelli.  I installed the optional RHW and can confirm there are no more missing puzzle pieces.  I guess this was the motivation I needed to finally try RHW.   ;D

I appreciate the help - and great job to the NAM team on the latest release BTW!  I love the GLR in Avenue pieces and cannot wait for some stations to come.   :thumbsup:

Gaston

Hmmmmm,
    I installed the RHW for NAM2007 but still have the missing pieces.    :'(

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Andreas

If you don't need the RHW, you don't need to install the NAM Essentials (or more specific, the "NAM Controller" option) - otherwise you'll get those "missing" messages. Also, make sure that you downloaded the correct NAM version - most of the files should have a date stamp of may or june 2007. The "NetworkAddonMod.dat" is no longer needed, but it has been subdivided into five DAT files, named "NetworkAddonMod1.dat", "NetworkAddonMod2.dat" etc. Also, make absolutely sure that you don't have any other outdated transit-related mods in your plugin folder. Check everything with a "z" as the first letter in particular - quite often, those files contain the same RUL and INI files as the one that we call "NAM Controller" now. If you can't find those files, try to add a few "z" in front of the NAM installation folder, so it's loaded last, and see if it works now. Also, try to removing all plugins except the NAM temporarily. It should work as desired then, if not, something went wrong with your NAM installation, so you should start over.
Andreas

mightygoose

when using two highway onlsope t pieces with one elevated highway tile in between... this happens...

any ideas fellas?

Andreas

Hmm, I haven't tried that so far, but it could be possible that you cannot build two of those on-slope puzzle pieces directly next to each other with such a small space in-between. Try to space them out a bit more (one or two tiles).
Andreas

callagrafx

Looks like the NAM guys went after a little realism:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

mightygoose

its only the one tile gap that causes this problem...

Gaston

Quote from: Andreas on June 03, 2007, 08:37:24 AM
If you don't need the RHW, you don't need to install the NAM Essentials (or more specific, the "NAM Controller" option) - otherwise you'll get those "missing" messages. Also, make sure that you downloaded the correct NAM version - most of the files should have a date stamp of may or june 2007. The "NetworkAddonMod.dat" is no longer needed, but it has been subdivided into five DAT files, named "NetworkAddonMod1.dat", "NetworkAddonMod2.dat" etc. Also, make absolutely sure that you don't have any other outdated transit-related mods in your plugin folder. Check everything with a "z" as the first letter in particular - quite often, those files contain the same RUL and INI files as the one that we call "NAM Controller" now. If you can't find those files, try to add a few "z" in front of the NAM installation folder, so it's loaded last, and see if it works now. Also, try to removing all plugins except the NAM temporarily. It should work as desired then, if not, something went wrong with your NAM installation, so you should start over.

Yup, you were right, Andreas.    That did the trick.    Puzzle pieces are back where they belong.     ::)      This is why I come here.    Not only does everyone try to help, but they never make you feel dumb.     I asked a simple question over at another site and got told that I should have looked at the threads from a week or so ago.   Not even which thread to look in.    No name, nothing.   Just that I should have looked back a while ago.    Very frustrating.   
   Oooops, sorry for the tirade.    Won't happen again.   ;)

Thanks again Andreas.

---Gaston
白龍