• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biriali

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 10, 2010, 01:14:53 PM
That's just related to how flexfly is set up. Once you drag the MIS out from each end and maybe click around a few times it should look normal.
How embarrasing  :-[ You are, of course, right, deathtopumpkins. But thanks for the reply.
Nemo sobrius saltaret

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Patricius Maximus

Hopefully before October 2011, which is when the next one would be released if the same interval occurs between 3.0 and 4.0 (of course I know that is unlikely to happen).

el_cozu

is there any kind of tutorial on how to use the invisible loop connector?

Haljackey

Quote from: JoeST on May 11, 2010, 04:29:59 AM
so...whens the next release  $%Grinno$% lol

I think 4.0 marks the end of "big" releases. Additional content will come in the 4.XX releases/updates until enough changes are made to warrant RHW 5.0.

Quote from: el_cozu on May 11, 2010, 08:52:05 AM
is there any kind of tutorial on how to use the invisible loop connector?

Yep. Check you readme file.

Kitsune

90 Degree Curve

Any chance of that being included as a plopable piece? It would finally give us a full realistic 90-degree RHW4 Curve...
~ NAM Team Member

Haljackey

Quote from: Kitsune on May 11, 2010, 09:58:42 AM
90 Degree Curve
Any chance of that being included as a plopable piece? It would finally give us a full realistic 90-degree RHW4 Curve...

There is a 90 degree MIS curve in RHW 4.0, but I think it was too tight to justify working it into a 90 degree RHW-4 curve.

Check this tutorial out: How To Make Smooth RHW Curves (90 Degrees).
-I recently updated it showing how to make them easier. This is thanks to the diagonal RHW-4 filler piece in RHW 4.0.

I believe a full 90 degree RHW-4 curve is in the planning stages.

Tarkus

There are no plans for a full RHW-4 90-Curve at this time.  It would certainly be useful, but the main issue is scale . . . it's going to have to be quite large. The example Kitsune posted is extremely large and exceeds the 16x16 limit for puzzle pieces by a long shot.  Considering that 1 SC4 Tile = 16m/50 feet, the size of the "inner" curve would be somewhere around 45 tiles x 45 tiles, while the "outer" one would be approaching 60 tiles x 60 tiles.  For something like that, you'd probably be best waiting for more FARHW pieces to come out, which would eventually allow you to approximate that fairly closely.

A smaller one could work on a "tight-scale", but it would still be rather difficult.  The standard 5x5 size would be too tight, so it'd probably be preferrable to have it somewhere around the 8-12 tile range--I did the Rail 90-degree curve, which was a 9x9, and it was quite likely the most difficult puzzle piece I've ever put together. 

Quote from: threbos on May 10, 2010, 11:18:29 PM
Not sure where this would go...cuz im not sure whether the SPUI was a NAM piece or RHW piece...but i cant seem to link up MIS to the SPUI interchange bridge that was supplied.  anyone else played with it?

The SPUI is an RHW piece.  It's one of the more advanced features, and admittedly, it is a bit difficult to build in its current state.  You'll need to use the diagonal MIS fillers (toward the end of the RHW Starter Pieces TAB Loop) and you'll also need to have the TuLEPs system (part of the NAM) installed in order to connect the Avenue part in properly.  I'm looking at ways to possibly improve that functionality in the future--a WAVERide system like the FLEXFly is a strong possibility.

-Alex

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on May 11, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
A smaller one could work on a "tight-scale", but it would still be rather difficult.  The standard 5x5 size would be too tight, so it'd probably be preferrable to have it somewhere around the 8-12 tile range--I did the Rail 90-degree curve, which was a 9x9, and it was quite likely the most difficult puzzle piece I've ever put together. 

Perhaps a 9x9 tight curve could be a possibility? I know we're all going for realism here, but I think a 9x9 curve is a good compromise. But would that be for the inner or outer curve? That's where the confusion starts.
-For now the double 45 degree curve seems like the best alternative.

QuoteThe SPUI is an RHW piece.  It's one of the more advanced features, and admittedly, it is a bit difficult to build in its current state.  You'll need to use the diagonal MIS fillers (toward the end of the RHW Starter Pieces TAB Loop) and you'll also need to have the TuLEPs system (part of the NAM) installed in order to connect the Avenue part in properly.  I'm looking at ways to possibly improve that functionality in the future--a WAVERide system like the FLEXFly is a strong possibility.

Even I have had problems building the SPUI. Its definitely not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. It's complicated even for the most advanced RHW users. The diverging diamond is also tricky to construct.

Perhaps I'll add an entry or two to the RHW Interchange Guide showing how to build the Single-Point and diverging diamond interchanges now that RHW 4.0's out.

TJ1

I feel crazy about answering this question :-[. But how do you make SPUI/DDI intechanges? are they plopable puzzle pieces? if so which icon are they under?

Kitsune

Is there a cleanitol file for the RHW 3.0 stuff?
~ NAM Team Member

j-dub

Well, what about the 90 degree avenue curve? I am not going to request this curve, its just I was wondering of the compatibility in comparison to that, because I don't know what a 9x9 tiled curve looked like.

kj3400

Quote from: TJ1 on May 11, 2010, 01:17:04 PM
I feel crazy about answering this question :-[. But how do you make SPUI/DDI intechanges? are they plopable puzzle pieces? if so which icon are they under?

They're puzzle pieces and are under the Avenue overpasses with RHW pieces in the Highways menu.
I had trouble finding them too.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Andreas

Quote from: Kitsune on May 11, 2010, 01:56:58 PM
Is there a cleanitol file for the RHW 3.0 stuff?

No - we simply didn't thought of adding one. ;) But if you used the RHW 3.0 installer, there should be a "Rural Highway Mod" folder inside your plugins folder - delete that one and install RHW 4.0, which installs into the "Real Highway Mod" folder by default.
Andreas

Haljackey

Quote from: TJ1 on May 11, 2010, 01:17:04 PM
I feel crazy about answering this question :-[. But how do you make SPUI/DDI intechanges?

I just finished making a tutorial for basic Single-Point Diamond interchanges, or Single-Point Urban Interchanges (SPUIs) in my RHW Interchange Guide.
-Direct link: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.msg324997#msg324997

I'll get to diverging diamonds at a later time.

Hope this guide helps!

Kitsune

Has anyone got the EMIS diagonal over MIS diagonal puzzle piece working? I cant seem to get it work... and it would entail a 5 minute youtube video to show all the crazy stuff its doing.
~ NAM Team Member

rjaap

Guys, great work on RHW 4.0!

I noticed a texture glitch in one of the RHW wide curve puzzle pieces.
It's in the RHW-2 45 degree curve. When you drag the RHW-2 from the end of the curve the textures don't match:

I checked the paths and they line up ok so the piece is working as intended, so no hurry on this one.

ShultzCity

I'd like to say a big THANKYOU to all those who have been involved the RHW development over the years. You have made playing SC4 many times more enjoyable.

I'd also like to ask a quick question. It has nothing to do with the new version - it has been apparent with 3 as well. I'm finding that no one wants to use my RHW. I have checked it's paths, even driven a UDI vehicle on snap to paths to see if anything is wrong. I've re set it up a number of times now - its just that nobody wants to use it. If I set up one house on one end, without any other networks to get to work by, it shows a no networks zot (same zot as when you zone something in the middle of nowhere). Despite there being an abudance of jobs at the other end.

Could it be how I've set it up? I've even run tests with a RHW in a test city, and it works.

Maybe because I have so many other transportation options?
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

superhands

rjaap it may be the the euro textures as I can't replicate this with the standard Us textures.

-Dave

Christianicus

I thought I saw somewhere that there were high overpasses (monorail, el) for the rhw in v4.  Is that later?  I usually have to build up the land and use the one-way tunnels as my rhw's are usually sunken in the city cores.  I would really like to use total rhw.  I love these things -- never using Maxis highways again (again).