• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

It looks like you have an orth-diag transition right before the intersection, and that sometimes can be finicky.  Try putting one tile of completely orthogonal MIS on either side of the intersection--that should do the trick.

-Alex

Haljackey

So I was in the middle of reconstructing an old multi-highway when I noticed this:

The texture for the RHW-4 is there, but the network is simply a RHW-2 under the elevated highway. I believe this issue has persisted for quite a long time, haven't made one of these in a while but I do remember it happening way back when.

Just thought I would point it out. Keep up the great work! 4.1 sounds promising!  :)

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on June 27, 2010, 05:42:42 PM
The texture for the RHW-4 is there, but the network is simply a RHW-2 under the elevated highway. I believe this issue has persisted for quite a long time, haven't made one of these in a while but I do remember it happening way back when.

Actually, I just checked it . . . appears it's actually an RHW-4 path there, but it's facing the wrong direction.  Got it fixed on this end now, though.

-Alex

danny11111

nice work, but how bout more flexfly puzzle pieces such as the the flexfly mis curve type b

Blue Lightning

Those are planned and will come later. I can't write 3,000+ lines of code per piece in a single night you know ;)

Though v4.1's FLEXFly might only feature an extensively more stable A1 piece. A2 may come depending on how long it takes to port the code over.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

danny11111

what about left hand versions of the RHW exits and transitions that are compatible with the right hand version and vise-versa.
I got that idea from the I-10/I-65 interchange in Mobile, Alabama

kj3400

I actually wanted to know that too.....for say, directional Y's.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

txrailcat74

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 27, 2010, 06:35:15 PM
Those are planned and will come later. I can't write 3,000+ lines of code per piece in a single night you know ;)

Sure you can. It's not like you need sleep? lol!

I really look forward to the next release. Wish I had half the talent y'all have. &apls  &apls  &apls  :thumbsup:

Highrise99

I have a problem:

When I try to add the MIS entrances and exits on the East-West Bound Highway, it doesn't work at all.  First, I tried doing it by simply dragging the RHW tool, which should transform into an exit, although I don't always count on it.  Then, I tried plopping the MIS exits, but they wouldn't align.  Is this a problem or do I need more space?  I also noticed that whenever there is OWR in the path of a RHW, with two tiles of median, I can at least plop one exit on one side, but not the other.  I am pretty sure this is a problem, as I have always run into it when trying to construct a small roundabout interchange.

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 27, 2010, 08:09:24 PM
When I try to add the MIS entrances and exits on the East-West Bound Highway, it doesn't work at all.  First, I tried doing it by simply dragging the RHW tool, which should transform into an exit, although I don't always count on it.  Then, I tried plopping the MIS exits, but they wouldn't align.  Is this a problem or do I need more space?  I also noticed that whenever there is OWR in the path of a RHW, with two tiles of median, I can at least plop one exit on one side, but not the other.  I am pretty sure this is a problem, as I have always run into it when trying to construct a small roundabout interchange.

That's because the starter pieces on the ends of the transitions there are in the way.  There's currently no way around that other than extending the distance between the transitions by at least a couple more tiles.

-Alex

sitejunction

Quick Problem I found. I cant seem to put 2 Flups under RHW-6S, RHW-8S and RHW 10 side by side  ()what()

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

el_cozu

I dont know if this is a problem that concerns RHW or NWM... but... I have RHW-4 over OWR3... and it wont work because the tiles that are on the OWR3 the RHW4 inverts it's way... i'll post a picture later.

j-dub

Highrise, I noticed the RHW-4 to RHW-6 transitions at the end. Maybe instead of those transitions, you can use the ramps that merge MIS with RHW-4 to RHW-6. Otherwise, you have demonstrated a good example of how triple layer highway junctions can in fact be done.

teddyrised

Quote from: Tarkus on June 27, 2010, 10:20:23 AM
It looks like you have an orth-diag transition right before the intersection, and that sometimes can be finicky.  Try putting one tile of completely orthogonal MIS on either side of the intersection--that should do the trick.

-Alex

Thanks! Your suggested helped to fix the problem. I shall be more careful when I plan my interchanges in the future :)

On the other hand, it's a related but kind of stupid question - when I tried cycling through all the different puzzle pieces, I can't seem to find the Ground -> Elevated transition pieces of RHW and MIS. I can't find the puzzle pieces that allows the transition from a slope to an elevated pieces, too. Did I miss out something, or am I just too careless :P

Tarkus

Quote from: el_cozu on June 28, 2010, 07:53:55 AM
I dont know if this is a problem that concerns RHW or NWM... but... I have RHW-4 over OWR3... and it wont work because the tiles that are on the OWR3 the RHW4 inverts it's way... i'll post a picture later.

Well, both, technically, though the file for that particular piece is in the main NWM .dat.  I've replicated it on this end . . . will see what's going on there later tonight.

Edit as of 6/29/2010: Was a RUL problem.  It's fixed now on my end.

Quote from: teddyrised on June 28, 2010, 10:01:08 AM
Thanks! Your suggested helped to fix the problem. I shall be more careful when I plan my interchanges in the future :)

On the other hand, it's a related but kind of stupid question - when I tried cycling through all the different puzzle pieces, I can't seem to find the Ground -> Elevated transition pieces of RHW and MIS. I can't find the puzzle pieces that allows the transition from a slope to an elevated pieces, too. Did I miss out something, or am I just too careless :P

You're most welcome!  I'll try to get some RULs added in to allow that particular setup you showed in a future release, too.  :)

The Ground-to-Elevated transitions--both the ramp version and the On-Slopes--are under the RHW Transitions button.  There should be two each (one for each direction) for both the RHW-4 and MIS Ramps.  You can find them at the end of the TAB Loop--using Shift-TAB to go backwards through it should take you right there.

-Alex

teddyrised

Quote from: Tarkus on June 28, 2010, 02:50:19 PM
You're most welcome!  I'll try to get some RULs added in to allow that particular setup you showed in a future release, too.  :)

The Ground-to-Elevated transitions--both the ramp version and the On-Slopes--are under the RHW Transitions button.  There should be two each (one for each direction) for both the RHW-4 and MIS Ramps.  You can find them at the end of the TAB Loop--using Shift-TAB to go backwards through it should take you right there.

-Alex

Oh silly me. I think I missed the part as I cycled through the transition pieces. Thanks a lot for your help :) it's invaluable! I shall get busy with intersections now, then.

Highrise99

I have succeeded in making the interchange!  I used RHW-8 to RHW-4 splitter transitions and then transitioned to MIS.  This also saved a lot of space, as I didn't have to transition into RHW-8 gradually.

samerton

I'm not sure if this has already been sorted, or if it's included in the patch as I haven't had a chance to check, but the original bridges included with the RHW itself have the same (smaller) textures as the RHW 3.0. I have removed all old files. It's nothing much, but I thought I'd mention it. Sorry if it was sorted in the patch, but I haven't checked yet and I thought I'd best say incase it wasn't included in the patch and I'd probably forget to mention if it wasn't. Is it just something wrong with my game? Thanks, Sam =)
Brilliant mod by the way, thanks guys for your hard work for our use.  &apls

itfitzme

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 24, 2010, 02:40:50 AM(you would have about 8m/27ft wide lanes, since all tiles need to be pathed in order to work).

Which brings up a question of interest.  I have seen it asked but haven't seen it answered.  What is the scaling for SC4?  That is, how many meters (or feet) square is a tile?  I recognize that the scaling almost depends on what object one is talking about.  It seems like some things, such as the professional sports arena are a bit off scale.   Perhaps it's my eyes as it's a birds eye view and I am not a bird.  Never the less, what do you use?