• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travismking

I really like the new chevrons, almost perfect :) And the concrete textures look nice too, but like figui said they may need joints on the elevated parts

here are some examples in the baltimore area

ground level (with metro in the median)

elevated

noahclem

The chevrons are really coming together ;)

I'd also agree with Blue's comment on the bleaching but as a fan of nice, dark, asphalt textures it don't think I'd use it anyway so might as well disregard  :P

The 8-Cs are looking very good  :thumbsup:  I really like the exact fit of 3 tiles! It'll be sweet having the 10C for longer merging lanes on 8C exits  ;D

One thought I had.... On rhw 6 or 8 and larger networks the left-hand shoulder might look better being wider. I've noticed in RL that that tends to be the case and there is a bit of room for cars that break down in the left lanes. (The C network inside shoulders seem to approximate real life). Of course median barriers would be a challenge for adjacent wider networks....  Anyway just a suggestion that may or may not be worth the effort  ;)

Another small thought--The 6C & MIS used to match up next to each other perfectly but with the new more realistic lane widths there is a tiny gap. Would it make sense to slightly widen the inside shoulders (and possibly to a tiny extent the outside ones)? They'd still be much narrower than the elevated MIS. Just my two cents, I'm sure I'll get along well without  ::)

io_bg

Seeing how many new features are made for the RHW mod and how the old ones are improved is great! :thumbsup: The activity in this thread makes me think we're getting closer and closer to the next RHW release ::)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

firefighter57

Going back real quick to the sloping....  I do have the slope mod and it works great but if a self contained slope mod is made, one thing that has been killing me is that the MIS can not be steeper then the RHW.   Trying to make off ramps is very difficult for this reason. If it is possible, the MIS limits should allow steeper grade then the rest of the HW.   

Anyways, new textures look AWESOME!   Can't wait for the next release. 

noahclem

Slope mods work by network (in this case ANT/RHW) so it's not possible to have different slope limits for MIS vs RHW-6 for example. If you'd like to make steeper MIS ramps the best way would be to remove your slope mod from your plugins folder temporarily, make the ramps you would like, then save and quit the game and put the slope mod back in. You may want to draw another network over the intended MIS path first to smooth the path out. Alternately, you could edit the slope mod to make it less restrictive on all RHW.

ivo_su

I need a translation of the MIS to OWR 1 and, if possible to make cuts to suppress HSR with RHW

- Ivaylo

Tarkus

Quote from: Blue Lightning on December 05, 2010, 05:21:02 PM
Wow. 8C looks a lot better than what it did XD kinda my fault too, I had to kludge some things.

As I did some of those textures, I can't let you take all the blame on that one. :D

I'll toy around with the concrete coloration a little more . . . joints/seams are going to be a bit tricky, though, as they kind of lie in somewhat irregular places and may be difficult to get looking right.

The RHW-6S Type B DRI is in place now, and all the RHW-8C DRIs are up as well.  The RHW-3 will be getting some as well.

The ramp interfaces/splitters as a whole are probably about 60% on re-texturing.  Most of the remaining work is with some of the newer pieces.

-Alex

Ryan B.

abusuffian

Sorrry, i think i have some stupid question but i'm really confuse on it...  ::) ::)

how to determine right hand drive and left hand drive?

is it right hand drive the car come from me to the upward at my right hand? or

is it right hand drive the car come from the upward to me at my right hand

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: abusuffian on December 06, 2010, 04:39:22 PM
Sorrry, i think i have some stupid question but i'm really confuse on it...  ::) ::)

how to determine right hand drive and left hand drive?

is it right hand drive the car come from me to the upward at my right hand? or

is it right hand drive the car come from the upward to me at my right hand

One of the simplest things in the game is finding out what's LHD and RHD. Though I think the first one is correct.

Well, put it this way: It's literally determined by which side of the road you drive on; Do you drive on the left side of the road or do you drive on the right? Try it with U-Drive-It to see for yourself if you can.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

interim

I love the new splitters. I'm getting a lot better with RHW and integrating it with the single-rail mod now... I foresee major growth in my Region's future! :)

Tarkus

Another crack at the chevrons--with some assistance from Daniel, who provided some working files from his Euro mod.

Also took Vince's white-line-next-to-chevroned-area suggestion into account here.  The angle here is appropriate from what I've seen of the MUTCD diagrams.

-Alex

interim

Looks good! Some of the rural highways around here look just like that.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tarkus on December 07, 2010, 11:02:38 AM

Alex, that's a winner.  Use the same thickness & angle for any median centerline striping.  My jaw's on the floor.

Girafe

this last one with this style of chevron is for me the best

good job  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

MandelSoft

I'll only need one word for this: perfect!  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Yep perfect  :D Thanks Alex!

My ongoing debate over Euro v. North American textures is rapidly being resolved in favor of Euro....

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Nego

You've hit the nail on the head, Tarkus. Perfect chevrons! I'm guessing we will se chevrons on other ramp interfaces?