• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terraforming Teton

Started by pvarcoe, January 01, 2007, 02:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meldolion

:thumbsup:

That's a wonderful update!!! Just a question, is that old winding road up to teton pass still there?

pvarcoe

Good question Meldolion.

You probably noticed it isn't on the road map at present.
The road is in the midst of construction. I am upgrading it to David's nice curves.
I am probably about 2/3 done it, and when done it will show up on the map and in the transportation update.

Good catch and thanks!

beskhu3epnm

Alright Phil, good to see this alive and kicking.

And stronger than ever. The entire region as a whole looks amazing. I could never have imagined that it could look so great, but you have done your homework on terrain mods and tree controllers.

I like where the farms are located and how it transitions into an urban area so nicely near the lake. Excellent work! Looking forward to those winding roads you have coming up, too.

The transparent ploppable water (the river especially) looks perfect. I feel I'm falling behind on all the cool stuff that has been developed recently! I think this is one of the ultimate regions, considering the terrain, and your building-style meshes so perfectly.

Keep it up, this has always been a favorite of mine, from the day it started!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

Hi phil !

Your updates are always so longed-for ...  :)

Great developments so far . The river looks beautiful with these erosion effects here and there ... nicely done . :thumbsup:
Maybe should you try Sorchin's dark blue with undulations water instead of a transparent water for the lakes . I don't find them proper for that use indeed !
Not enough closer views ! That's hard , I guess due to the size of this region (my "all times" favorite map ... ) , and without loosing the "can't get enough" effect of the surrounding Tetons ....Hope to see little forests scenes as well in the future .
Oh , have to come a few page back to see again this unforgettable Teton pass , even if I've already it since a long time in my personal album .... can't wait to see the result with roads curves . :)

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

sebes

I am glad that you have posted again. The farm lands that you made look very nice. I like how they are cut in two by the forrested hills, that is making it very realistic.  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Beautiful pictures of Teton!
Great to see you back!

Looking forward to the next updates...

Giligone

Sweet! I was wondering when you'd come back with a new update! As always, your teraforming skills blow me away. That river is amazing!! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Welcome back, my good friend!

I'm so glad that you've come back with this fantastic update, and I hope that it's the first of many! The region looks just as wonderful as ever, and your farms are beautiful, too! I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you!

ManuelR

Wow very nice region. Where did you get this police station? (the grey one)

greenbelt

&aplsI've been reading and re-reading your MD, soaking up the inspiration and I have a few questions.   &apls

1.  I haven't been back to this MD in ages, but a gentle reminder if you have the time.
QuoteNow, as I previously mentioned I am using the Olympic tree controller. ... by cycledogg.  ...    an extensive list of dependencies. A more than fair trade ...  There are 13 dependencies in all. ...  Just a note, the total number of DAT and SC4DESC tree files is about 159.
Quotegreenbelt
Thanks for visiting greenbelt. Of course you can dare. I don't have them handy, but give me a day or two and I'll russle a list up.
%confuso
I don't know how Windows works but it would be really helpful if I could see a screen shot of the Folder where you keep the Tree controller along with the dependencies(since as you mentioned you keep all of it in the same folder).  That might help me figure out what I'm still missing.  Or else it could be a issue of loading order.  Something else is overwriting the tree files, maybe?

2.  I haven't heard about this Mod before.  Is it on STEX or LEX?   Does it work with a Mac?  BTW does SC4Mapper work on a Mac?  I have the same problem along with the issue of missing trees.  I use PEG's OPPS Mod so I just pretend those are some kind of weird flowers.

QuoteBut I happened to open Region Census right after one of these "treeing sessions" and noticed something which had not previously caught my eye. The majority of the seams were gone.
... I'm not sure why, but obviously Region Census creates a superior screenshot to the in-game region shot.

The beautiful pictures you've posted just leaves me itching to start a pastoral type region.  I just went thru my plugins folder carefully setting up the CAM Farming downloads.  Double checked all the readmes.  I have to find a little more excess to trim from the plugins and then I can get started.

Thnx