• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tropicana, an MD by Patriots

Started by Patriots1228, July 28, 2007, 06:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Consider me teased! When do I see the updates??????!!!!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

Great work there! Looking forward to more.....

Krio

Silly boy, why didn't you tell me that you have made many awesome updates  >:(  ;D :angrymore:

I like all of them, but some diagonals go over the road. I don't like that.

ENOUGH TEASING

sebes

You teased me... you teased us all - Please reveal Ohasklaforstada to us  &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat Riot

first off-I would like to apologize for the lack of updates, a combination of RL and other sc4 projects has held me down for a while. "beggining" updates should begin this weekend, as well as orange city updates.

Schulmanator-you see them..3...2...1 NOW! thanks

bat-thanks

bengt-lol thanks, too lazy to fix diagonals though  ;D

sebes-thanks.

Here are some intro pics to Orange City (and Orange Island), as well as some pictures to show progress on the city.

correction-does not contain tallest building in tropicana.

If that doesn't bore you, you have a boring life.

Saboya castle, the main attraction of orange island.oooo look at the red water....

it smells like deforestation  &hlp

just incase....Is there an image size limit here?

Krio

bat

Wonderful work there, Patriots! Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

So cool! Bring more! More, I say!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

mmm burnt wood, gotta love that smell of it in the Morning air... Patriot i love your new logo that is sweet as well as the update a very hot one at that lol... see you soon - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat Riot

note-photoshop is working again!

Welcome to the new portion of Tropicana, Tropicana-The Beginning. All Beginning updates will be signified by the Sepia Banner. All Present Day updates will not have a banner. Replys will take place on Present Day updates.

Synopsis-

This is the story of the colonization and independance of Tropicana. It will take place from many point of views/places. The first update is third person in Spain. The second one will be third person in a mayan city. The first update won't feature many pics, seeing as its an introduction to the story.

new characters in this update-

Christian Ferdinand Saboya
King Ferdinand
Queen Isabella

footnotes are in ( ) and can be found at the end of the update.

Chapter 1-A New World

Madrid, Spain
April 26, 1501

"Good Morning my king. I come to you regarding exploration of the new world." A tall conquistador, in shining armor, knelt down before the throne. He was covered head to toe in spanish miltary clothing, with a map in his hand and a sword in his belt. His name was Christian Ferdinand Saboya (1), and he, like most young spaniards, wanted to gain wealth and glory in this mysterious new world.

Just 8 years earlier, Christian, then a 16 sailor, had his world flipped upside down. His father died at war, and Christopher Columbus made one of the most startling discoveries ever. A whole new continent. Settled by vicious savages (2). Immense wealth and fortune awaiting those who dared to make the voyage. Christian knew how tough and dangerous it was, but at that moment, he knew what he wanted to do with his life. A year later, at 17, he signed up for the military. His natural skill with a sword and gun, combined with his incredible work ethic, made a good impression on his superiors. Quickly he rose as high as one so young could go, until he found himself the highest ranked officer ever at the age of 24. Still low ranked to lead the voyage, Christian decided he felt ready to approach the king and queen about his goal.

Back in the palace, King Ferdinand spoke. "and what would you like to ask regarding the new world? would you like to go join a voyage?". "No, my king, I wish to lead one."

"I shall think about this, Saboya. I beleive you are capable of it, but this journey is so expensive!" the king said. His wife, queen Isabella, added,
"Ferdinand. You can't be serious! To waste this kind of money on a journey like this being led by an officer of this rank and age is foolish!".

"I garuntee for every coin you give to my voyage, you will receive four coins in return by the time i get back! I know I am capable your magisty. Give me the chance!".

King Ferdinand sat in his thrown. The dedication of the young soldier had impressed him immensly. He whispered quietly with his wife for a few moments, as the rest of the room held its breath. "I have made my decision!" he announced. "We will finance a small voyage to the new world of 50 men and the leader. If after 6 months, the journey is still sucessful, we will send 3 ships containing settlers and more conquistadors.

Mission successful. Christian bowed and left the room with a smile. He had done it. Now he had to get a  boat and a crew.

to be continued....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnotes

1-This name was made from our spanish friend austrianu's name, plus the name of the king of spain in 1500, and the last name i believe is a place, since it is at the end of the name "Amadeo I of Saboya" who ruled from 1869-1873. Fun stuff eh?

2-at the time they were called savages, i aint racist or nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brought to you by...

Team Grater

The Free Our Milk Campaign

The PlanningPages

to apply for an advertisement, pm patriots.

bat

That is looking really good! Again looking forward to more...

Pat Riot

I wanted to do it here too but I couldn't due to my dissapearing username issue, so here is the link to tropicanas new introduction. MUST READ HISTORY!  ;D
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=91472&startpage=1

Bat-thanks

Schulmanator-you need to read the history and approve the monkey island thing  ;D

pat-thanks, lol.

krio-i am. thanks.

anytime it says "intro to" or "unedited" its my excuse for "this sucks"

A creepy mist filled with giant flesh eating bugs creeps up on the Port of Orange City. 100% original plotline, just like the crucified cheese grater.

No I am not sleeping with Stacy's mom , i just named it that because i was singing that song at the time. If it comes up with a big "McAfee", thats because my privacy service thinks this picture is po (filler stuff so this page dont get blocked) rn.

I can explain this. I was writing a tutorial on snow photoshopping and I needed some examples.  so here, its snowing, in the caribbean, AGAIN.

This is another way to do it, tell me which way you like best.

This update is brought to you by

Krio

Graterous update and excellent "new first message" to Tropicana ;D

But in the name of PB what's with the mustache and yellow hair  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

bat

Nice first pictures of Orange City! And wonderful new introduction there! :thumbsup:

Pat

hmm a new twist, intresting indeed here patriots  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie