• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: Diggis on June 25, 2009, 12:29:46 AM
Now off the top of my head I can think of the following sets:

SG's Canals
Cal/SG's Canals
Diggis Ponds
CityNuts CCPW
Oppies Canals
Pegs Ponds
Pegs canals
RLTS ARS

You forgot an important one, the TSC canals.  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Diggis

Quote from: art128 on June 26, 2009, 01:38:22 AM
You forgot an important one, the TSC canals.  ;)

Art,

I apologise, I was doing it on the fly and just wrote the ones I could think of off the top of my head.  I'll PM you about the work I'm doing on this over the weekend and we'll see if we can get compatibility with the TSC set too.  :thumbsup:

BarbyW

As far as other canal sets are concerned there need to be suitable lots for use as terminals and wharves. Oppie's set has one that could be converted to a passenger terminal but as far as I am aware the TSC canals do not.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

vester

I have a copy of Oppies canal, so that I could model my terminals from SG-canals to Oppies.
Well it's not going to be within the next 2-3 weeks.

FrankU

A remarkt about freight terminals.

As far as I can see the game sees the CAN-AM tracks as a road. The traffic from industrial lots is freight truck, which will run over roads. Doesn't that mean that all industrial lots that have their edge next to a CAN-AM lot will be able to send their goods by CAN-AM?
Wouldn't this mean that any port related lot with industrial activity can be used as a freight terminal?
So, speaking about relotting, any industrial lot that has a bank can be used?

BarbyW

It isn't quite as simple as that, FrankU. All terminals have to face the canal and have modding to make them act as terminals so effectively any lot with a canal bank could be turned into a terminal but won't just work normally as one.

FrankU

Quote from: FrankU on June 24, 2009, 01:58:22 AM
So I have to recheck... There is indeed a slight chance that I forgot to move the BSC MEGA Props Newman Inc Vol02 into my plugins....That would be stupid of me.

@BarbyW
And yes indeed...... stupid me. I indeed had forgotten to put the file into the plugins directory. I had it on my disk.... But on the wrong place. Sorry for the fuzz.

And about the last post: Is it very complicated to explain what is needed?
And then, maybe it is possible to make a small generic lot that can be plopped next to an industrial lot so that it will work as a terminal? Maybe just a water tile with a concrete edge?

BarbyW

The best person to explain the actual modding is Daeley. A water tile with a concrete edge could certainly be made into a freight terminal but currently industrials will not develop along the side of the canal water pieces without road access or without terminals. The canal does not actually act as a road and you can test it out by placing some of the CAN-AM water tiles and then zone res next to them. The res will not develop and will all show no access zots.

City

:thumbsup: Keep up the good work on this! They look nice, and to know it is used by my favorite canal system...  ;D

I do have one question on this though, is it going to be UDI compatible? It'd be more than an addon if so, it'd be a complete revolution!  :o

~City
Not just any city, THE City

RebaLynnTS

It already is UDI compatible. However, there are some limitations.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

miggoycor

Does anyone know when the Cal Ferry terminals would be finished? I'm just curious.
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Diggis

Vester is in the middle of moving house at the moment.  When things quieten down for him he should be able to finish them.

jp

hey everyone there is a CAL passenger terminal here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bripizza.net%2Fsc4%2F&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
for the people who are impatient enough to wait for vester's ones :P

BarbyW

The CAN-AM has not yet been released for the SG CAL canal set.

BarbyW

A word of warning on the bripizza ferry terminal. It is incorrectly modded and although it does generate boats and transfer passengers it has jobs it is not working correctly. I shall try to contact bripizza and ask for permission to correct the lot and post to the LEX.

miggoycor

Good ol' Bripizza, always making unique stations!  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Anyway, thanks for the warning, Can't wait for those Canal stations!*  :D ;D $%Grinno$%

*(Actually, I can wait. That is just a saying) "$Deal"$
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

danielra96

I have a problem  with some of the CAM-AM stations
i use the freight dock next to some industrial sections but no one uses them
???

BarbyW

Do you have road access for the dock from the industry? All terminals need road access.

ruudm

Hi guys,

If you've done everything you're supposed to, but the CAN-AM still doesn't work, what could be the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.