• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Hey, David!

I thought that I'd post your prediction here so we can get it added to the list:

David (dedgren): 203,676

Oh, and Ryan (burgsabre87) said it best above:

You've changed the game.  Again.

Nothing more need be added.

Dustin

beutelschlurf

hi guys

i would like to tell/show you my result of the beta test, but i don't know how to put images/pictures in my post like you do. :'(
and just explain probably maybe not enough.
so, a link or a short explanation would help.... ::)

cheers
b_schlurf

p.s. sorry, i know it's not the buisness of that thread, but i could'nt find anything what helps me...

io_bg

Hi! It isn't difficult to put images, first you'll need convert them to .jpg format because some of the people here can't ''see'' .png images (.png is the default format of the pictures that SimCity makes). You can use Microsoft Paint for this job. Open the picture you want to convert with the program, click on File (on the upper right corner) and choose Save As. A small window will open. Choose where to save the picture, write on the small field the name of the picture and choose the format. (Of course you can use other image editing programs to make this) Then you have to upload it somewhere. imageshack.us is one of the most popular sites for image hosting. Load the site, click on Browse, find the picture you want to upload and double-click on it. Then put a tick on the small square on the lower row and choose the size of the picture (the best resolutions are 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768). Then click on the button host it. Wait a few seconds. After that click on the thumbnail. When the picture shows, click on it. Then copy the link from your browser (which will be shown near the top of your screen). Copy it. Then put this tag on your post [*img]here paste the link to the picture[*/img] (of course without the stars). After that post your reply and you're ready :) I hope I helped you.

I haven't shown any pictures of the FAR, so here is one:

edit: my prediction for number of views is 203 760
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Pat

OK I gotten my newest copy of the Beta test!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That's looking really great there! Nice work with this stuff, @ David & testers...

allan_kuan1992

io_bg:
the prediction contest is closed i think to new entries.

dedgren:
there are no paths on the draggable switches of the STR.

- Allan Kuan

beutelschlurf

hi guys,

first thanks to io_bg for this exellent explanation.... :thumbsup:

str:
looks really good ... i'am going to love it

my question though

i can't put those pieces together ... have i missed something?  ()what()

cheers
b_schlurf

Sciurus

Woaw, very ggod, but excuse me beutelschlurf, I can't answer you :-[ ()sad()
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

north country dude

Quote from: beutelschlurf on December 30, 2008, 01:08:10 AM
hi guys,

first thanks to io_bg for this exellent explanation.... :thumbsup:

str:
looks really good ... i'am going to love it

my question though

i can't put those pieces together ... have i missed something?  ()what()

cheers
b_schlurf

Oooooooooo! You broke it! I'm telling!  :o
just kidding, that's what you're supposed to do with a beta. Did you get the latest version? I think there's a link on the previous page here.

David: Those country roads look awesome! Only thing missing is guardrails, but that would require models, huh?,...so, never mind, they still look awesome.  ;)

-cranky cat, ncd
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving." -Dale Carnegie

choco

hi all!  lovin the STR stuff!  &apls   

i also wanted to pop in and show another bridge i am workin on.....showed an early pic in my thread a few days ago.  this is not the final textures, and the bridge is still early, but here's an STR Bollman Truss.

the Saltash Bridge i showed earlier has been made into El-STR.....still need work at the interface, would welcome any ideas.  :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays 3RR!

thundercrack83

Whoa, choco!

Those bridges are phenomenal! Magnificent work!

calibanX

Ok David. I've been playing with your rail set Beta. They're fantastic!

I've had only one glitch. My MIS pieces disappear when I put your controller file into my NAM folder. I haven't seen anybody else describe this situation so my first assumption is that the error is on my end. I've replaced the original controller file.

If anybody recognizes this problem and has a cure I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Where City and Country Flow Together

deathtopumpkins

cailbanX, look a few pages back. There was a whole long discussion about how RHW 2.0's puzzle pieces are incompatible with the STR beta unless you have a patch that Alex (Tarkus) attached to a post a few days ago.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

calibanX, as deathtopumpkins mentioned, the controller file David sent you with the files is built for the imminent RHW Version 3.0 release, and some pieces (including the MIS pieces) were shuffled around to some of the new buttons that were added in that new version.  I posted an interim fix here, which should work for STR testers until RHW Version 3.0 is released--which won't be too long.

choco, those bridges are looking amazing!  You're practically a bridge-making machine!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Livin in Sim

Hi, David, just dropping in really quick to say Hi, and hope that you had a great Christmas.  Please give my best to Heather and the fam.  I hope that the coming year brings many happy times for you and yours.  I know that there will be some enjoyable SC4 and SC4D times for me thanks to you.   :)  Thank you for all the time you have spent enhancing this wonderful game, and sharing your effort with us.

Bye for now.
--Liv

gardenwong

.......No paths for the switcher(?)
also, Happy New YEAR!!  <=I say it at this time because I will go to 2009 in my dream \(= W =)/
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

frdrcklim

Happy New Year guys :D. New Year just struck us about 11 minutes ago.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

dedgren

Probably a quick post or two during what looks to be a busy day today, then more substantive stuff this evening and over the long New Years weekend.

The FARR DR switch:

beutelschlurf, I tested this in every possible combination with FARR pieces adjacent to the leg and could duplicate the problem.  I did find that placing the switch first, then placing the "leg" FARR piece some distance away then sliding it into place was somewhat easier than trying for a swish plop (as in basketball, when the ball doesn't touch the rim as it goes through the hoop).  If anyone else can duplicate this issue, please let me know.

The parallell DR switch:

Same request.  gardenwong, and all others who have found intermittent stuff like this- what's in my NAM folder should be in yours, well... shortly.  Imminently, even.  All my stuff works.  I know that's cold comfort when you are waiting for something, but at this point I need to be doing the last detail stuff and making sure all the info and feedback you all have so kindly provided is taken into account.  In that vein, thanks so much for your close scrutiny of the beta stuff- the work we did could not have been completed without you.

!!

Yep, that's the current temperature on the left (-7 C).  Last night we were down to -30 (F)/-18 (C).  Tonight is forecast to be even colder.

Happy New Year to all those on the other side of the world!  We have about 15 hours of 2008 left- it's been a good year for SC4.  2009 will be even better.

Oh, and let me make my annual request.  Just like last year [linkie], and because I, well... can, I hereby declare the rest of today, December 31, 2008, No Lurking Day!

Would all you Secret 3RR Regulars* do me a favor and leave us one of our last 2008 comments.  It would be great to hear from you, even if you just say "hi."  It'd be wonderful, if you're a guest, to go ahead and register on SC4, and then come back and join the year-long celebration of SC4 that's always going on in Three Rivers Region.

Later.

David

* A 3RR Regular, as we have fallen down a bit on reminding you lately, is any who has ever posted here or over at 3RR-ST at least once.  A Secret 3RR Regular is everyone else- we know you're out there, but we don't know who you really are just yet.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MandelSoft

Well, it is also very cold here. It hasn't been that cold for years in the Netherlands. There's even a chance that there may come a Elfstedentocht (an ice skating course of about 200 km in the Northeast of the Netherlands). Temperatures: Currently -4oC, but it can get below -10 in the southeast (fortunately, I'm living in the West).

It's only 4:50 hours 'til midnight in West-Europe. So I whish you all

A happy New Year!!!Best,
Maarten

EDIT:  Fixed a misplaced color tag, Maarten.  When I read your post, I though about reading Hans Brinker

borrowed from the Wikipedia article [linkie]

about 50 years ago.

-DE

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

N1_2888

Quote from: dedgren on December 31, 2008, 09:37:01 AM
Happy New Year to all those on the other side of the world!  We have about 15 hours of 2008 left- it's been a good year for SC4.  2009 will be even better.
Happy New Year or, as you use to say in German, guter Rutsch (good slide ??? :D )!
The situation in Austria ia quite the same as in the Netherlands, -5°C and about four and a half hour until the turn of the year now.

There have been made a lot of interesting creations here, especially the single-way tracked railway.
Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum